Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>dans

cebas psd manager...i didnt think that worked with vray? does it..that would be handy
    Digital Progression

Comment

>dans

cebas psd manager...i didnt think that worked with vray? does it..that would be handy
      Yes psd-manager works with vray (of course the render elements related options do not, until we get those in vray). The mattes psd-manager creates are not antialiased because the vray G-buffer isn't antialised (multilayered). So this is the same quality as vray RPFs in Combustion. Maybe this will improve with vray 1.5 ??? If one needs antialised mattes it is still possible to render at a higher resolution (with GI, lights etc. turned off) and resample the psd in Photoshop. This is still much faster and easier than rendering one pass for each matte. The psd-manager 1.1 camera and point helper animation export works also with vray (After Effects).
      Daniel Schmidt - Developer of psd-manager

Comment

ah...non antialiased...for the hassle of going around the houses a bit, we'll stick with our script based solution...rendering the passes after the script is a bit of a hassle but quicker it seems than the psd manager route...

thanks for the thought though, guess we'll hope for antialiased material id passes in vray 1.5
        Digital Progression

Comment

no antialiasing?

I was sooo excited about this PSD manager pluing, but it seems that such limitation of the Vray G-buffer defeats the whole purpouse of this workflow.

Will this be fixed for version 1.5?

Comment

VRay 1.5 will support correct G-Buffer channels with the correct coverage values for all objects, including effects like antialiasing filters, DOF and motion blur. We will not support the standard 3dsmax render elements at this point; instead we are working on our own extended VRay-specific solution.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thx for the nfo Vlado.

Stefan
              Stefan Kubicek
              www.keyvis.at

Comment

Will the GI algorithm improvements be included in the 1.5 release?

Comment

Yes, it will be included in the form of an additional GI method that can be used on its own, or as an addition to the irradiance map for computing secondary bounces. The idea is very similar to photon mapping, however many of the drawbacks of the photon map are avoided - the new method is easier to set up, doesn't produce dark corners, works with any lights, including skylight and non-physical lights, works with infinite light bounces, and is similar to the photon map in speed. I'll post more info/images soon...

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

wow ...this is great news Vlado,and can you confirm that DR is going to be included ?
                    Natty
                    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Yes, it will be included in the form of an additional GI method that can be used on its own, or as an addition to the irradiance map for computing secondary bounces. The idea is very similar to photon mapping, however many of the drawbacks of the photon map are avoided - the new method is easier to set up, doesn't produce dark corners, works with any lights, including skylight and non-physical lights, works with infinite light bounces, and is similar to the photon map in speed. I'll post more info/images soon...

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Wow!!!
                      Now I know why we stayed all this time without updates...
                      It seems that it worths the wait more and more.
                      Hope to see those images soon...
                      Thanks again Vlado!
                      Joao.

Comment

Sounds like fun.. My only question is.. Whats the possiblity of either having it work with standard materials, or having some added Specular functionality in the VrayMaterial.. I'm loving the blurry reflections lately, but usually the time just isn't there to allow the use..
                        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

I'm not sure about standard materials yet (probably not), but I'll be separating the specular highlights of vray materials from the glossy reflections.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Excellent... thats 2 of my 3 main beefs with vray!

Third is more of a suggestion which is probably insane.. a way to control the AA on a region by region basis... either to have a grayscale camera map to highlight areas that could use more refined AA, or control on a per material/per object basis..

A Multipass helper so to speak, to highlight trouble areas without needing a secondary rendering pass..

Getting off track here, sorry.. wishlist things
                            Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Nice, Can't wait to see the new method in action

Does it have a name?
                              Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

eagerly awaiting may
                                Digital Progression

Comment

Working...