in rabbit language

Comment

• Drop the carrot and freeze rabbit.

--Jon

Comment

• Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

• is that the rabbit from Monty Pythons Search for the Holy Grail? If it is, Ive got a holy hand grenade it might like to meet.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Hahaha Right on, just throw the thing already :P My favorite scene in that movie is the guy clapping to the music in the dungeon at Camelot. It's hilarious when it cuts to him and you can just barely hear the knights singing.

I would love to find out who the artist was behind those images. You guys think it's 2d or 3d? My guess is 3d.

--Jon

Comment

• Well, this topic seems to be no longer serious anymore, but I will give it a try...

I'm not putting this on the Wishlist because it's very specific for the 1.5 version of Vray...

There are some renderers for max out there, the main ones that rivals with Vray are FinalRender, Brazil and obviously Mental Ray. All of them already have a kind of skin shader, now even MR has a native skin shader. Vray is the best renderer in my opinion, BUT I must say that it's weakest point was always SSS that was not that realistic and really bad to do skin with. This is so true that i never have seen any good skin render done with vray.

As now all the rivals renderers of Vray ALREADY have a decent SSS and skin shader, and Vray 1.5 still are not "out of the box", I seriously suggest that you spend more time to include such a shader in the final package.

Please, pay attention to this...

Regards,

Jr.

Comment

• If you think that they are NOT thinking of improving their SSS shadder you are highly mistaken. They are very well aware of ALL the obvious wishlists (which includes this one), and they even have many not so obvious ones. Your post will probably be ignored. But that is not so say that concerns are not the concerns of many other peoples, and are therefore being taken into consideration... rest assured speedy specialty shaders, most notibly SSS skin, is on the radar, I'm sure of it.

Comment

• HL2 will be released on november 16. in europe.

HL2 is slated to be released Nov 26th here in the States and the 28th in Europe

Comment

• Not just in Europe but the whole world (Via Steam).

I'm guessing that V-Ray 1.5 won't be out by then. Maybe we should play HL2 while wait for Duke Nukem : Forever, then we can think about v1.5.

Well, actually I do hope a V-Ray version for Max 7 will be released soon (or has it already, I've been without the net for a week).

I do have to agree about the SSS, I spent a day trying to get the settings right, but just couldn't get any good looking translucency to some of the objects I was playing with (in 1.09). I think that V-Ray was one of the first renderers with SSS, but I think that has now been superseeded with better algorithms (i'm not 100% sure).
                      http://www.greyphoenix.biz/

Comment

• V-Ray builds for Max6 work in Max 7
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

• Ahh excelent. I was hoping that was the case.
                          *Goes and installs V-ray to Max 7*
                          http://www.greyphoenix.biz/

Comment

• any new release date for 1.5 ?
                            awfully quiet about that now a days......

bet the new maxwell render gonna be released pretty soon, so we see what that is all about, sounds to good to be true...

Comment

• From what I have been hearing on some vfx guild forum is that the Maxwell is pretty fast for decent quality. Doubt it will be as fast as vray though.

Comment

• Well have to see

Comment

Working...
                                X