Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pedersen
    bet the new maxwell render gonna be released pretty soon, so we see what that is all about, sounds to good to be true...
    pretty soon? The estimated date of final release is June 2005. Now it´s in alpha stage

Regards

Comment

• they said they will realease a test version to the public in 1-2 weeks.

Comment

• Correct, Aeround November 10th. But i have spoken to someone at the company and they sounded like it will be released publicly, but then the website looks like it will just be able to sell the Alpha in a couple weeks. So its a little confusing. But from what i read im already really looking forward to it. Regardless if the render is faster or slower then vray, i HATE messing with settings, it really breaks up the artistic workflow. So to me if its a little slower during the render and produces the same result, then id rather save some time by not having to fiddle with settings.

Comment

• are we so desperate that we must talk in a vray announcement thread about a renderer that will be released in june 2005?

ok v1.5 is like duke nukem forever or like santa claus, you know it exist (your mother told you so) but you never saw a prove.

but hey there must be something new about v1.5 we could talk about?

maybe another betatester who will tell us release date is soon? :P

sorry coud not resist.

Comment

• So they have to give their go for take off first. At last , the 1.5 isn´t that far away anymore
            - june 2004

it is not a myth we´ve been testing a pre version and it really is near to release
            - june 2004

only a few small bugs to fix
            - june 2004

version works very well. should only be a matter of weeks
            - june 2004

Comment

• hehe...you don't give up do you?

i must say, i'm also becoming slightly annoyed.
              1.45 is a good version but i want to use DR again.
              it also doesn't help to never get a response when asking for a beta version, while everyone and their mother posts 1.46 pics.
              Marc Lorenz
              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
              www.marclorenz.com
              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

• yeah, I wish a final 1.5 would come out.....or atleast have an idea of what the holdup is...bug fixes, new feautures.....

the wait does get a bit frustrating....even thogh I do have access to 1.46.....

as for Long John...hehehe....this tread was almost dead with out you..... ...thanks for reviving it...

paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by plastic_
                  hehe...you don't give up do you?

i must say, i'm also becoming slightly annoyed.
                  no, because peter and vlado played the same game with v1.1 before.
                  and that is something that gets ME annoyed.

creating interest and maybe sell a few copys with utopic announcements.

then let a few lucky guys test the new buggy stuff to create even more interest and let them repeat all the time "it will be out soon".

if i had bought vray because of the v1.5 anouncement earlyer this years i would be very pissed!!

sorry but my fanboy gen is missing.

Comment

• Long John,
                    actually i didn't mean you with being annoying. sorry if my post wasn't clear...my english skills are quite limited.
                    what i tried to say is that i'm also a bit pissed of right now, because things take so long.
                    obviously the priority is on the standalone version or some other unreleased products.
                    while the testers try to imply it, i just don't see vlado working full time on fixing bugs for 1.5, for many months. i know that programming is far more time consuming than many realise, but it's not that big of a step.
                    i guess other things have priority now. i'd be calmer if i would get access to the internal betas, even if they crash and are slow, but what can you do.
                    Marc Lorenz
                    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                    www.marclorenz.com
                    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

• i talk with vlado every day and he is always working on this bug or that bug for 1.5 or adding a new feature. they are not focusing on the exe.

---------------------------------------------------
                      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da_elf
                        ...or adding a new feature...
                        For my part, I think we have enough great features !!
                        Can´t those features just wait till version 2 ?
                        I can´t understand why new features are added if old features
                        still do not work a 100%. I see new features like an optimized fast skylight.
                        Who does really need this ? Vray is allready incredible fast !
                        Or vray fur... I haven´t seen fur beeing used by anything other than grass wich didn´t look much better than displaced or instanced grass.

Meanwhile other things are ignored (or at least I didn´t get an exact answer if something will change)
                        like there is still no native support for skin/morph modifier. Ok there
                        is that point cache "solution" ... but this is not a solution.. it´ an accident waiting to happen.
                        It´s still not possible to render more than 3 million polys inside max
                        (sometimes a non-animateable vray proxy is not usable).

And I´m slowly really annoyed of seeing "toys"
                        beeing implemented
                        instead of these more than essential things.

I think just a little statement from the devolpers would help a lot.
                        The last official reason for the delay I remember is now 1 year ago
                        and was caused by max6 btw Distributed Rendering.
                        So I must assume that all the time was spend into that bug ?!
                        Did discreet change so much that it took 1 year to fix that DR
                        bug ?
                        I guess not ?!

So come on Vlado, it´s time to calm us down !!
                        Tell us something what is going on.
                        Give us at least a rough (but realistic) date of the final
                        release. Please give us detailed information on bugfixes
                        and new features (difference between 1.45 and final 1.5)
                        What caused the long delay if it´s not the exe project ?
                        I can´t believe there were so many bugs in 1.09 that it would
                        take 1 year to fix them. There must be tons of new features ?

Vray is still the best renderer i can imagine so please don´t make the same fault like "another company" did. Or we will soon see news like
                        "30% discount on maxwell for vray users".

cheers

sam

Comment

• Long John, your avatar is so funny (and so true!), it makes me smile every time I see it .

I hope you have ways to smoothly update the version number of your avatar. Sooner or later you'll need to do that, I think .

Comment

• http://www.greyphoenix.biz/

Comment

• Originally posted by plastic_
                              Long John,
                              actually i didn't mean you with being annoying. sorry if my post wasn't clear...my english skills are quite limited.
                              no problem, i am sure annoying for some.

Comment

• ...or adding a new feature...
                                For my part, I think we have enough great features !!
                                Can´t those features just wait till version 2?
                                Yes they can wait, and they will. Currently there are no new features being added, as the 1.5 features have been frozen. Vlado is only working on finishing the existing features, re-implementing rewritten versions of old features that didn't work perfectly (like texture baking and DR) and fixing bugs. The features we see in 1.46.03 are the same as 1.5 will have, only with the last fixes. This is the only way to get 1.5 out of the perpetural beta state.

like there is still no native support for skin/morph modifier. Ok there is that point cache "solution" ... but this is not a solution.. it´ an accident waiting to happen. It´s still not possible to render more than 3 million polys inside max (sometimes a non-animateable vray proxy is not usable).
                                This has been discussed to death in other threads. Lots of people use skin and morph with VRay all the time. If specific scenes are crashing for you you must send a scene to Vlado so that they can fix it. They can't fix the bug if they can't reproduce it. If skin/morph crashed VRay for me here I would have sent a scene to Vlado a long time ago. Unfortunately(!) those modifiers don't crash or cause problems here.
                                Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Working...
                                X