Vray 3.1 - When??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.1 - When??

How is the progress with this upcoming release?
    www.3D-Vizual.dk

It's coming along... if all goes well it should be on the website next week. Is there anything in particular that you need from it?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great news... Looking so forward to this.
      www.3D-Vizual.dk

Comment

need GGX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          It's coming along... if all goes well it should be on the website next week. Is there anything in particular that you need from it?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          YEs it was some more features/support for GPU rendering.
          www.3D-Vizual.dk

Comment

Practically, it's the weekend. ...

vlado something new?

Comment

I said next week, didn't I

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

buuuuu

Bad Vlado

Comment

Its up!!!!!

Comment

Nice...Time to test...
                    www.3D-Vizual.dk

Comment

is there a change log for this version somewhere?
                      Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Is there any indication of what the different 'opacity modes' do? Nothing in the help docs yet... Should the different modes render with the same appearance? What are the trade-offs if any?
                        James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                        Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

where is it? i dont see it in the download section!
                          Surrealismo
                          https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

The builds did not work, so we took them down. There will be an announcement when they are released officially.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Damn it I just downloaded and installed. Do I have to rollback?

This would be the changelog:

Build 3.10.01 (official) (November 2014)
                              ==============

New features:
                              (*) V-Ray: Further optimizations for render speed;
                              (*) Updated to OpenEXR 2.2.0 and added new DWA compression options to VRayOptionsRe;
                              (*) Support for point cloud rendering in 3ds Max 2015;
                              (*) Built-in DMC samples calculator for VRayLight, VRayMtl and brute force GI;
                              (*) .vrmesh viewer: Added a .vrmesh viewer tool for previewing .vrmesh and Alembic files in a standalone OpenGL application;
                              (*) Embree: Update to Embree 2.3;
                              (*) Embree: Proxies and instances can now be accelerated by Embree;
                              (*) V-Ray: Added "GI filter multiplier" option to the Global switches rollout to control texture filtering for GI rays for VRayHDRI;
                              (*) V-Ray: Embree can now accelerate hair rendering for Ornatrix and HairFarm;
                              (*) V-Ray: Secondary matte environment background slot to control the appearance of matte objects in reflections/refractions;
                              (*) V-Ray: When created, V-Ray will automatically load a preset named "default" if there is one (allows for customized default values);
                              (*) V-Ray RT: Support for Carbon Scatter;
                              (*) V-Ray RT: Support for the V-Ray VFB for ActiveShade session;
                              (*) V-Ray RT CPU: Support for the VRayClipper object;
                              (*) V-Ray RT CPU: Support for Ornatrix and HairFarm rendering;
                              (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Support for using the light cache for GPU rendering;
                              (*) V-Ray RT GPU: Support for coherent tracing (may improve rendering performance);
                              (*) V-Ray RT GPU CUDA: Support for the nVidia Maxwell GPU architecture;
                              (*) V-Ray RT GPU CUDA: Support for the VRayFastSSS2 material;
                              (*) V-Ray RT GPU CUDA: Initial support for hair rendering for Ornatrix and HairFarm;
                              (*) V-Ray RT GPU CUDA: On-the-fly recompilation of the GPU kernel to include only features used by the particular scene;
                              (*) VFB: Ability to dock/undock History window and Color Corrections window to the main VFB window;
                              (*) VFB: Added highlight burn color correction to the VFB;
                              (*) VFB: Added "background image" color correction to the VFB;
                              (*) VFB: Added the ability to save multi-channel .vrimg and OpenEXR files from the VFB UI;
                              (*) VFB: Added the ability to load arbitrary file formats in the V-Ray VFB for post-processing;
                              (*) VRayInstancer: Implement a new geometric plugin for instancing objects on a ParticleFlow and other particle systems;
                              (*) VRayHDRI: Added image preview in the file open dialog;
                              (*) VRayHDRI: Added controls to specify UDIM/UVTILE tiles for the preview in material editor;
                              (*) VRayScatterVolumeMtl: Greatly improved calculations; ability to use the light cache;
                              (*) VRayScannedMtl: Support rendering of scanned real-world BRDF materials;
                              (*) VRayProxy: Support for hair and particle instances;
                              (*) VRayProxy: Support for subdivision objects in Alembic files using OpenSubdiv;
                              (*) VRayLight: Disc light shape;
                              (*) VRayLight, VRayIES, VRaySun: Added parameters to control the diffuse and specular contributions separately;
                              (*) VRayLightSelect render element: Added "mode" parameter to allow extracting the full/raw/diffuse/specular contribution of specific lights;
                              (*) VRayMtl: Added GGX BRDF model;
                              (*) VRayMtl: Added clip opacity mode option for faster rendering of trees etc;
                              (*) VRayMultiSubTex: Extended with new randomized modes for choosing colors;
                              (*) VRayVelocity render element: Added include/exclude list;
                              (*) ply2vrmesh: Added export options to export specified frames to separate files;
                              (*) ply2vrmesh: Added Alembic frame offset output to the files;
                              (*) ply2vrmesh: Added option to merge two or more .vrmesh files into one;
                              (*) vrimg2exr: Added -multiPart option to vrimg2exr that produces an OpenEXR 2 file with each render element in its own "part";
                              Last edited by Vizioen; 10-12-2014, 09:15 AM.
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                              X