Announcing the V-Ray.exe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes you need "/" not ""

how does one ( maya animator in max production house with multiple vray licences) get on beta list for this.

can't wait for this to happen, i would love to help out.

Mike

Comment

i meant "/" instead of "" hehe, opps.

Comment

Um, ok, i guess its the board, its the other slash, not the / slash, but the other one. hehe.

Comment

Are you planning to do some 64 -bit version?
          And a linux one??
          I'm asking because soon we are going to have a dual Itanium at the office, mainly for phisycal calculations, but we could use its spare time to render as well...
          I'm curious to see how Itanium perfomrs over Opteron in a pure 64-bit ambient, without the 3ds max limitations.

Best regards,
          Joao.

Comment

Checked the description and it says that it will evolve and surpass Vray for Max. Questions: Is Max hindering a full fledged implementation of Vray? Will it cost more or less? I am hoping to buy Vray Advanced and use with Viz 4. Well, I reckon standalone will be the best thing for all of us for many reasons.
            Ismael
            You have payed with your $ for the development to see know that making a stable and full functional MAX version is not top priority.

1.5 was announced for MAY with working DR and without major bugs.
            Now you see why it takes so long.

Nothing against new products but when will you deliver a product that is worth to name FINAL?

Comment

As there has been a lot of speculation regarding the fact that a new project has slowed us down and that we have abandomed our MAX customers etc I want to make something clear.

The people working on the VRAY for MAX have nothing to do with the EXE version. Not yet. Their top priority is the MAX version and their resources were not used for the making of this simple EXE project.
              Peter
              ...keep walking...

Comment

Originally posted by lordshaitan
                Um, ok, i guess its the board, its the other slash, not the / slash, but the other one. hehe.
                What do you meaaan! Could u write the string exactly as you would in Maya? Do it as an image if it doesn't display properly as text. Thanks

Comment

Doh... Got it now ^^ Very exciting stuff, can't wait til full support for Maya!

Comment

Originally posted by peter
                    As there has been a lot of speculation regarding the fact that a new project has slowed us down and that we have abandomed our MAX customers etc I want to make something clear.

The people working on the VRAY for MAX have nothing to do with the EXE version. Not yet. Their top priority is the MAX version and their resources were not used for the making of this simple EXE project.
                    Maybe all should work on the Max version first?

Comment

I don't want to go into details, but history proves this to be very wrong.
                      Peter
                      ...keep walking...

Comment

excellent news very exciting....
                        HughG

Comment

I would think working on a standalone version should be top priority, as the code and technology will then be directly beneficial to all users regardless of 3d suite. Give me one reason they should maintain several different evolutions of the same renderer for these different suites instead of one main, and focus only on the bridges to the suites as needed?
                          Why do some max users think they have more to say than others that work in a mixed environment?
                          Signing out,
                          Christian

Comment

trixian,
                            most max users will not benefit from a standalone version.
                            instead, we will lose support for 3rd party plugins and unsupported max features.
                            threads like "why are my RPC's blurry?" will disappear, instead it will be like "where are my RPC's?".
                            look at mental ray...the connections are in development for years, and they still suck...except with XSI...
                            the only advantage i imagine would be the option to use linux systems for rendering.
                            Marc Lorenz
                            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                            www.marclorenz.com
                            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Above all, the plugin system allows one to have constant model modifications and see the impact directly without having to import geometry and reset materials, stuff like that. I can it may not be that important in some practice, but for architectural vizualization, especially in the architecture competition context where the project changes a lot during the modelization procedure, and you only have a week to do three images, it's very useful. I would definitely miss that and switch to another plugin.
                              I remember the old days with lightscape where we had to do that. Using GI plugins has been such a relief. It would suck if we go back 5 years ago and readapt our workflow to a standalone version that's not FULLY compatible. The time gained in the rendering would be completely lost in the porting from max to the vray.exe program.

Comment

trixian,
                                most max users will not benefit from a standalone version.
                                instead, we will lose support for 3rd party plugins and unsupported max features.
                                threads like "why are my RPC's blurry?" will disappear, instead it will be like "where are my RPC's?".
                                look at mental ray...the connections are in development for years, and they still suck...except with XSI...
                                the only advantage i imagine would be the option to use linux systems for rendering.
                                As I stressed above - MAX users will not lose anything, unless they want to render a MAX scene in MAYA or somewhere else. Please, do not mislead people with false information. The MR problems have nothing to do with V-Ray problems, so please, do not make wrong conclusions based on other products. MR architecture has nothing to do with V-Ray's architecture, so the problems and benefits in both packages differ a lot.
                                Peter
                                ...keep walking...

Comment

Working...
                                X