Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frances
    Hi Peter,

Will it eventually be possible for someone like me to code their own interface to VRay.exe from Rhino or another modeler (such as FormZ)? I did this for another renderer using the Rhino SDK.
    I'll repeat the question since it was buried on the last page.
    Surreal Structures
    http://surrealstructures.com/blog

Comment

questions, questions:
      how would the exporter deal with animated geometry?
      will the renderer also be ported to linux at some point?
      also would the exporter handle things like sl and vex shaders?
      or will that require further development on the application end?

-cpb

Comment

Peter, you are expanding development team? Is it correct?

PS: What about my question?

Comment

Just added the MAYA 6.0 version.

http://www.vrayrender.com/exe
          Peter
          ...keep walking...

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

I've benn quite amazed by vray since its early betas years ago, and this news seems amazing. I hope you manage to get this idea all the way through, especially to see someday a linux vray render farms solution, which renders the sequences you create using your favorite 3d app.

Contratulations and once again, keep it up!
              Alejandro Gonzalez
              alejandro.gonzalez@zerofractal.com
              Zerofractal - Visual Communications
              New Website! www.zerofractal.com

Comment

Originally posted by peter
                to make it clear, i love to see a maya version!

but i think that a standalone version has, beside all the positiv effects, also negativ effects. imo the specific support for an application will not be that good anymore.
                I asked before and I ask again - please - do not mislead people. I value your personal opinion, BUT, I did say the MAX support will not suffer - and I do mean it. We will still support eveything one has in MAX. The developement will not get slower. More people are joining the group.
                I Peter, but in the press release on the Choas site it clearly state that the standalone version will over take the current Max plugin. So if this does come off smoothly would Chaos like to see as all follow the standalone route instead of sticking to a specific app's plugin?

Comment

May I suggest a wishlist section for the EXE project? That way we all can objectively state what plugins and or functionality we would like. Someone mentioned RPC, another "Plugins" in general. Lets bring all these into one place. Vray is gaining huge ground and I will predict all viable Plugin manufacturers will come to break a leg to not lose the new emerging market of the Vray EXE.

I do hope no one gets offended by my statements and we can carry on with constructive dialog.

Ismael

Comment

well. the same way we have the vray section, the simcloth section and some other sections for other things. we should have a totally seperate forum section for the exe project. with its own announcements, images, wishlist and buglist. i believe thats the only 4 things we would need for it.

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Shader setups...

Hi,
                      Are you planning for shader setup to be completely outside of Maya/Host app (inside Vray standalone) or as an intermediate step (like Slim/RAT) or just export shaders from inside of Maya?
                      Very excited about it either way... we had so many nightmares with the MtoR pipeline we went with Maya/Beaver/LW thing, but would love to get our stuff into VRay
                      Like cpb I'm very interested in how mesh animation would pass thru...

Comment

Test....test....am i visible here? Asked a couple of questions page ago...

Comment

Better ask it again.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Mudvin, it is my experience that if a question is about something they don't want to talk about then you will get silence, also obvious answers will probably be omited. Most of your questions probably fit into those two catagories.

1. Maya 6.0 is current, but only Maya 5.0 available...i think it's not so hard to recompile this plug-in for Maya 6.0?
                            2. What about multiple objects in single vrmesh file? Now it exporting only single selected object per file.
                            3. Types of geometry other then polys? Subdivision surfaces, NURBS, particles, renderable curves?
                            2. Current feature set is simply frightening...how fast you plan to add other ones?
                            3. Why proprietary file format, why not RIB or MI files?(asked previously)
                            4. Any plans to support some Shading Language in future?
                            1. answered indirectly with the v6 script

2. Obviously...

3. That's a good one, but probably not something they want to state yet (There has been some mention of these in the past).

2. hehe, "This is a new project that is at this point pretty weak and small. However, in a very short time we promise to bring you the best of tha latest V-Ray plugin into the v-ray.exe"

3. hmmm, why not?

4. There is currently a material sdk , though it requires c++ knowledge.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

About file format: vrmesh format is binary, and impossible to view or correct somehow. RIB or MI is much more preferrable if i want to fix something in file manually. Also they are was developed for years....

Comment

I would disagree to the RIB format, or other well known PRman formats normally, but i think this would be a big advantage. Be able to compare the two side by side if you could read the RIB file in the standalone vray. But im sure they have gone/will go with thewir own format for optimization sake, and hopefully the final will be editable like a RIB file.

As far as rendering one more then one mesh, just combine the meshes. For this purpose it works, its sloppy but we dont have much else to play with atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X