Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking rig Percy

I just finish building mine on the weekend, still waiting on my x2 tho

But look at the size of my heat sink
    Current cpu temp 27c heheheh cooooool

http://www.apex.net.au/~daforce/vray/DSC02503-800.jpg
    http://www.apex.net.au/~daforce/vray/DSC02505-800.jpg
    http://www.apex.net.au/~daforce/vray/DSC02506-800.jpg

And just a couple of battlefield2 screenshots taken last night. (just because i can)
    mmmm 1600x1200 with 4xAA goodness
    http://www.apex.net.au/~daforce/vray/screen010.jpg
    http://www.apex.net.au/~daforce/vray/screen014.jpg

Funny thing happened on the build night, my PSU didnt have a 24pin atx plug, only a damn 20pin so i had to switch with my mates psu just to be able to use my machine until i can get a converter. Amazes me that an damn Antec 550w didnt have a 24pin atx plug.. ahh well. Was really annoying cause it was the last thing i had to do, and i had spent ages on the build just to get the door slammed in my face.. LOL

TRGraphics:
    See my story above...damn it...why wasnt i informed.. haha

Comment

ooo one more thing.

I see they said your cpu has a "1GHz FSB" mmm they worded that wrong.
      It has a 200mhz fsb but a 1gb hypertransport bus/speed.
      They must have miss labeled or something.

Comment

nice heat sink!!
        its.........large!
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

cool pics. is that cpu temp without the mobo in the case? I just overclocked my cpu to 2.533. As soon as I can get a vray auth code Im going to do some stress benchmarking between the winxp pro and winxp pro 64.

my cpu at the moment is hoving around 40 deg celcius, but I bought the wrong size case fan, (needs 120mm instead of 80mm) so hope I can get that down.

Im going to go purchase BF2 tomorrow and see how it plays!

EDIT: when I bought my rig, they automatically threw in a power adaptor. I would have been pretty pissed if they hadn't....lol

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

jacksc02:
            And not to mention COOOOOOLLLL

percydaman:
            Nah thats with it all in my case, both sides on, 6 HDD's and fairly average airflow...haha as the HDD's block most of the incoming air, and the case is too small so the video and HDD's seal off the bottom half of the case where the air intakes are.
            **need new case**

2.533ghz hey. What do you do to over clock that, im kinda suprised the ram went that high. ahh fsb of 230mhz?

Man, BF2 is the SHIT!!
            Make sure you update to 1.02 straight away.

Comment

Ok - here is what I was asking for the other day.

I am 98% sure this is a good equation.....
              But this is for default - not Vray bucket calculations.

www.studio2a.co

Comment

I see your quoted price for the dual opteron 275's is $1700, is this for one of the cpus or both. Seems mighty cheap if its for both. In fact im pretty sure your price is for just 1 cpu.

Given the price for those opterons here in australia is $2,100 (for one dual-core opteron) so that would be about the same as your price, once all the currency is converted etc....

And that graph there is talking about 2 dual-core opterons, which would then total $3400 not $1700

Comment

Well... now it is not coming up on Pricewatch. I am pretty sure that is what it said this afternoon. CPUs only. Streetprices is showing $1340 each @ newegg. So - right.... $2680 instead of that $1700. Makes sence with the rest of the chart.

Sorry about the pricing in AUS. That is why they make us agree not to take computer out of US at time of purchase.
                  www.studio2a.co

Comment

Yeah we Australians get the short straw for computer hardware pricing.

Im still bloody waiting for my x2 Rare as hens teeth they are.

Comment

you should try living in NZ daforce! its fairdinkum unfair with pc prices!!!
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yeah i have noticed that. You should buy from aussie online stores....damn cheap

But you will probabaly get hit with tax when it comes into NZ hey.

Comment

got any good links for aussie sites??
                          Chris Jackson
                          Shiftmedia
                          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

http://www.itelectrical.com/catalog/
                            http://www.megapc.com.au

These 2 companies supplies me with my mobo and video card. Very very good service and prompt (next day delivery if in stock) postage.

There is also
                            www.coolpc.com.au
                            www.pccasegear.com.au
                            For cooling and case stuff.

And www.gamedude.com.au for mega cheap HDD's but their service and postal speeds are not that great. But they are really cheap.

Also www.pricewatch.com.au and www.shopbot.com.au are great computer product search engines for comparing prices at different online stores.

Comment

ta!!!
                              Chris Jackson
                              Shiftmedia
                              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Heres some benchmarks with my new machine. Had to scale back the overclocking a little bit as it locked up during full cpu load.

Winxp pro 32bit

Winxp pro 64bit

notice that vray doesn't recognize the 64bit version of windows.

And I thought I would throw in a poly stress test. Each torus knot is a copy not an instance.

14.4 million unique polys Thats very close to the limit of my 4 gigs of memory.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                                X