Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the 64bit version say 4GB of Ram and the other says 2+?
    And yet the speed is the same.....
    www.studio2a.co

Comment

because the xp pro 32bit will not recognize the 4 gigs for some reason. Im sure the reason their times are the same is that the scene isn't very poly heavy. When vray goes 64bit then Im sure that will change.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Nice times Percy!!!
        Im gonna overclock as well, I assume my whopping heatsink will help considerably

Have you had any problems with xp64 yet? Just curious if i should install it, and if it will cause any problems with any of my other programs/games.
        Did you get BF2

Im envious of your rendering times, as I was informed yesterday that my cpu wont be in until after next week

Comment

ya I got BF2. runs great but I suck...haha. I saw a gargantuan cpu cooler at least as big as yours at CompUSA, but figured mine will be good enough.

I haven't had any real issues with winxp64, but Im dual booting between it and winxp pro. So will only be doing graphics with the XP 64 and games and other stuff with XP pro. I did have to flash my bios to get windows to recognize the processor, and I just luckily installed the 32bit windows before installing the 64bit, as Im sure installing the other way might cause problems.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hahaha its a great game, takes awhile to get used to tho...but soooooo much fun. Its great when you and a mate are in a chopper or a jet. Much fun to be had.

Yeah i think i might go for the dual boot option. Although im using 2k at the moment. I just prefer it.

Comment

4m 31.6s - dual XEONs 3.6 (Irwindale) Intel 7525 2Gb Viking PC2700 (2.5-3-3-7) Win XP SP2 VRay 1.47.03 - rock solid stable!!!

Only Opteron 275 can beat me!

Comment

But the x2's sure do beat you on the price to performance ratio

You do have a mighty good render time there tho!!

Comment

After putting that chart together - I went straight out and ordered up some of those 4200s.

In case anyone is interested: http://www.monarchcomputer.com had about 50 of them this morning.

This is by no means a plug - I have never ordered from them before, but they seem pretty knowledgeable and they do have those pretty snazzy Hornet cases as well.
                  www.studio2a.co

Comment

Thats where I ordered mine from, Monarch. Newegg keeps raising there prices.

Comment

Ok I am a little confused,
                      Percy is your machine a Dual processor or a single dual core processor. If it is a single processor then the X2's are flogging the intels, as you are getting 5mins 42 with a single processor compared to the Dual 3.6 intels getting 4mins 31.

Is that right or am I missing something.

Comment

Its a single Dual core processor
                        And yes, they are brilliant

Percy would have wanted me to answer for him.....hehehehe

Comment

Is there a motherboard that is reliable and can handle 2 AMD x2's so you can make a dual x2 system.
                          It's just no one seems to have a dual system, and I have heard from a couple of tech shops around here that they have had problems in the past with motherboards failing when using AMD cpus

Comment

Since the x2's are using the socket 939 there are no dual motherboards available, and probaably never will be. The only dual dual-core option for amd is the opterons 250 255 and 275's i think ( or some similar numbers)
                            But they are mega $$$$

Dual AMD setups are fine. Not sure where you heard that information, but i wouldnt be going back there... LOL
                            But in all fairness if you buy a crap motherboard you gonna get problems. Now days there are very few crap motherboards so its less of a problem.

Comment

Ya, the best motherboard you can afford because it, obviously, is the link between everything and essentially the backbone of a computer.

Crappy motherboard; crappy system!
                              rpc212
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

And not to forget a very good powersupply. Cause even the best motherboard will fail with a crappy powersupply.

Comment

Working...
                                X