Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78c ? that really really hot!!!! like too hot.

Comment

• On the Intel website it recommends 68deg max for this cpu (3.2Ghz PentiumD 840 HT)- so I was really concerned. I contacted Intel and received a response saying that the recommended maximum temperature is 78deg ! For a bit of a laugh I did try overclocking by 10% but when I saw the needle hit 82 degrees I thought 'Stop !' So im back to no overclocking and a typical idle temperature of 53 degree and currently 68 to 72 degrees during rendering. (maybe its a bit lower now because ambient temperature in the room is cooler). I am considering a liquid cooling system in order to cool this beast down and make overclocking feasible.
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

• Forgot to mention render times were based on 1.47.03 version. Is there any practical difference between 1.47.03.70 and 1.47.03.80 other than that the latter version is for Max 8? I have the 0.70 currently installed and wonder is it worth installing the 0.80 version ?
        Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

• tohse last numbers signify the version of max. so yes 07 is for max7 and 08 is for max 8. i dont believe i remember seeing anywhere that the 8 version is different except the instalation file doesnt give an error about the max version

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaForce
            Now we just have to wait for n6 to come in and tell us that we are all silly for buying new top of the line hardware, when for less money we can buy older hardware and overclock the shit out of it.

I will post some interesting results tomorow with 2 XEONS 1.6Ghz that I have just buy on Ebay for 70EUR both incl shipping ...

Comment

• cool... cant wait

Comment

• Ok here are the results :
                For only 70EUR I get 2 XEONs 1.6Ghz low voltage on Ebay, I have overclock them at 3.170Ghz and FSB at 905Mhz.
                Stock cooling heatsinks full load 56°C, Prime tested and stable at this speed.

Here is the "validator" url : http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=58929

Merry Christmas

Comment

• Sweet ! Does that MB have jumperless overclocking ?

Comment

• yes but for such oc you need to play with jumper (its realy easy) and also uwire the procs pins to increase cpus voltage.
                    check out : http://www.datamine.tk/ everything is explain in the forum.

Comment

• Can you give us some more details? What exactly did you but for $70? Just the Procs? What about memory? MB? That seems too sweet to be true (I'll buy about a dozen if it works)!

David
                      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

• n6 - I cant get that weblink to work

Comment

• Originally posted by dlparisi
                          Can you give us some more details? What exactly did you but for $70? Just the Procs? What about memory? MB? That seems too sweet to be true (I'll buy about a dozen if it works)!

David
                          All has been buy on Ebay
                          2 Intel XEON 1.6GHz low voltage : 70EUR
                          1 motherboard ASUS PC-DL (or PCH-DL or NCCH-DL) : 150 - 200EUR
                          2x512Mb CORSAIR PC4000 150EUR

TOTAL 370 euros

Comment

• Originally posted by leotchest
                            n6 - I cant get that weblink to work
                            try to copy and paste the URL but I have try it again and it works.

Comment

• i know - tried everything but it doesnt work. strange

Comment

• try the forum url :

http://www.datamine.tk/forum/

Comment

Working...
                                X