Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED BENCHMARK (ITS FASTER I PROMISE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lukx
    my test with vray 1.5 demo. Slower than before verison and something weird with reflections is going on.
    Too fix the reflection turn on "sub-pixel mapping" in the color mapping roll-out. That will fix the edge but they are still a lot brighter, hopefully that is more correct.

As far as the qmc not sure yet what the factor of change is, I changed the noise thresh from .01 to .1 with only a slight change and what the heck is a "Latin Super Cube"?
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

• and what the heck is a "Latin Super Cube"?
      A new method of sampling. Slower than default Halton, but ... well dunno why it's there I've read already about it on *.edu site, still don't remember which of 'em it said to be one of the method to organize groups/nets of smth...
      As I remember - LSS can work in a more efficient way, than QMC. That's why Vlado had introduced rQMC (randomQMC) with LSS. In one word - it's about high dimensional integration problems.

edit
      http://www.informs-cs.org/wsc98papers/076.PDF
      Maybe this paper will help in understaing.

edit #2
      I turned sub-pixel already on, to avoid these "edges"
      I just can't seem to trust myself
      So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      CG Artist

Comment

• thanks Paul,

must some scenario where it is advantageous?
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

• Wow. Just read the paper. Makes perfect sense.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

• thanks Paul,

must some scenario where it is advantageous?
            Don't even ask me I got the same "sense" as jujubee
            I just can't seem to trust myself
            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            CG Artist

Comment

• lol. You skipped to the last paragraph too?
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

• lol me too
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

• This particular scene would render with different speed compared to the older version, since there were some bugs in the 1.47.03 build (particularly with refractive materials) that made it take more shortcuts than it should (particularly for back-side reflections, I think).

As for the Latin supercube sampling, it is another way of combining pure qmc sampling with some random numbers to avoid some potential sampling artifacts. This is most obvious in PPT mode, where the default sampling may produce moire patterns over the image. Those go away with more samples, but can be somewhat distracting. The Latin supercube method does not suffer from this particular problem, although it tends to be slightly slower.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Hey Lucetius, thanks for the specs. I ordered one of those remote management cards for our new blade I'm putting together. Very exciting!
                    Tim Nelson
                    timnelson3d.com

Comment

• Anyone have a file version that can be opened on max5.1? Ya I know, I'm living in the dark ages. I just model with primitives!
                      http://www.3estudios.net

Comment

• Hi all! My first post here as a registered V-Ray newbie. I just purchased V-Ray about 2 weeks ago, after testing it against Brazil. I was going to post these last week but it took awhile to get access to this forum. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to actually learn how V-Ray works so I can start using it

BTW, I was fortunate enough to meet (and chat with) Vlado and Peter at SIGGRAPH. Real nice guys!

-Greg Montague

Comment

• something odd in the 2nd image where the water passes over the light??

-dave
                          Cheers,
                          -dave
                          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

• Originally posted by Syclone1
                            something odd in the 2nd image where the water passes over the light??

-dave
                            Those were done with the same (older) scene, not the new scene from Paul. Look at lukx's 1.5 demo render on this page - the same thing happened.

-Greg

Comment

• As mentioned in previous posts on this page you need to tick "sub-pixel mapping" in the color mapping rollout to fix up those funny bits in the RC2 render

Also, welcome GregM

Comment

• ah, tkx daForce I didnt see that one

Just back from a week off of work...

-dave
                                Cheers,
                                -dave
                                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                                X