Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Benchmark scene (Max 8 Vray RC3 required)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, and one that try's to tests all the features of vray, but is procedural as well like the current test - GI, moblur, DMC, SSS...

actually thinking about it perhaps there should be at least one bitmap to load so this is taken into account? Quite a high res map?

Comment

• maybe a scene that really pushes the latest systems; uses a lot of RAM to render so that people really know which systems perform the best for really complex scenes?

Comment

• Just Oc'ed my Q6600 to 3.2ghz and got 1m41s
        Not too bad me thinks.

Certainly a new test is in order.

Comment

• a benchmark that requires alot of memory to render will exclude people needlessly from participating.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Yeah something that requires alot of ram is rather pointless as percy said it will exclude alot of people, and RAM isnt a performance aid, more like a performance degradation preventer
            CPU is what we are really testing.

Comment

• Why not just increase the settings of the existing scene. Noise threshold, AA, resolution etc.

Comment

• we could, but why not inject some new life with a new scene?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• since im looking to get new systems soon i thought id find out what my old ones are like. this is my boxx dual opteron single core back when opterons 1st came out about 3 years or more ago.

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• could you upload the file ? i got a couple of new systems and would like to see how they compare to my old 285 dual opteron.... Please

Olli
                    www.short-cuts.de

Comment

• Originally posted by visumporec
                      Dual Xeon X5365 (3.0 Ghz)
                      8 Gb
                      XP 64
                      Max 2008 64 bit
                      Vray 1.50 64bit

Not bad...
                      Hmmm... I wonder why mine is so much slower? Same processors (though the stepping is different), same amount of ram. Didn't test Max 2008 with 1.5. Is it possible that SP1 is slower than 1.5? Any ideas visumporec?

Dual Xeon X5365 (3.0 Ghz)
                      8 Gb
                      XP 64
                      Max 2008 64 bit
                      Vray 1.50 SP1 64 bit
                      Vray Frame Buffer

Comment

• I thought he said it was DR...

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Vlado, I think it was vergefio who used DR, not visumporec. Wow, a lot of V* names, pretty confusing

Comment

• Ah, yes, my bad

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Greg,

Your pc does appear a bit slow compared with others, my unclocked dual X5355 does it 1:02.

Did you change the number of passes in your lightcache from 4 to 8. If you didn't that could account for the slower render.

Dan
                              Dan Brew

Comment

• all i have to say to you guys is that if your rendering under 1 minute then screw you hehehe. who cares if your 5 seconds slower than someone else or 10 seconds

(all said in good humor)

---------------------------------------------------
                                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X