Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRAY is the buggiest software i have EVER used!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY is the buggiest software i have EVER used!

i dont know how you guys can sell this crap cause everytime i try to render my scene i get some kind of error or crash....and this was with any version...get your sh*t together and make a solid product!

Anyways...thats it...i love the quality of the renders but everytime i render an animation it either give me errors where is doesnt draw a region right or gives me some stupid email VLADO about this CPP line...

i think you guys should work on making this plug STABLE over anything else...

Later!~
    Jesse Van Dubberke

Exactally what kind of issues are you having, Im running large animations daily with no real issues either with DR or reg net render. What version are you running? Is it a cracked copy?

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

have you ever thought of flaming Microsoft for the securety and msblaster issues too?

so better shut up and post your configuration that ppl can sort out your problems.
      www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

umm....First what version are you running. We can not help you unless you give us some specifics. It does you no good and makes you look ignorant whenyou come on the forum and blast the Chaos group b/c everyone else here is not experiencing you problems. Try again, this time with demeanor and tact.

Comment

this is what i am getting!

Last marker is at P:\Vlado\SVN\VRay\RenderInstance.cpp, line 1880: VRenderInstance::shade(), calling Mtl::Shade()

it then says press ok...to continue or cancel to cancel rendering...i hit ok...and it renders the square region totally wrong...

i am using

10903g and max 5.1...

this is so frustrating...cause the whole time i am working on this scene...i never get one error...then i render the animation and i get tons of drop outs and errors...whats the deal...what makes me mad is i have a deadline and have to now convert all my textures back to default scanline textures...and re-render eveything..when i could have just done that in the first place and at least i wouldnt be gettin these crashes every five frames....Thats why i am so pissed....the next time i am just gonna use default scanline...way less buggy...slower...but stable...

anyways if anybody can help thanks...

Later!
          Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

more of the error...

error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Rendering region (256,384)-(320,44

this was part of it...the other thing i find disturbing...is that i will render that same frame again..and never get that error...WHAT is up with that...
            Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

Email Vlado like the msg tells you to. I've done it before and he listens.

Comment

Well...

Thanks for the help!
                Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

i've been using vRay for well over a year now and have never once had any real errors. its one of the most stable pieces of software ive ever used.

if you dont have the luxury of time due to you project deadlines its a huge mistake to start using a new piece of software, in what ever situation. its quite possible that the issue isnt the app, but you setup, or a host of other situations that can possibly arise.

definately not a piece of shit. :/

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i know! its just the raytracer is so fast and i am raytracing alot of surfaces....but turns out with all this extra screwing around and tryin to make it work...it would have been better to use maxs anyways...so i am the idiot for using the software! stupid me for using stupid software! haha

Later, time to go insane!
                    Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

could it be because i am using standard materials for most of the scene with vray raytrace on the reflection slot?
                      Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

- is it a fresh os? -- !

- do you use maxtreme drivers?

- do you use any other third party plugins?

- have you changed something of your soft or hardware configuration before you get the errors?

btw.. your error looks like a material which occurs in exactly that region of your rendering ..dunno.
                        www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

i must admit, i sometimes get wierd error messages on the same scenes, between render to render.
                          i could be working on a scene for a day the next day the same scene,start
                          rendering again, it starts missing a bucket, and goes black?
                          but i have found there is always a reason for it, as in it doesn't like an instance copy of a chair or something...... i think what we have to remember is that vray is fairly young in development, and does produce errors once in a while but on the other hand it also produces wonderful renders.
                          By posting errors in this forum you are being part of the development of the best Renderer in the world, and the guy's at chaos take all these bug reports very seriuosly for the development of 1.1.
                          so what im trying to say is stick with it ........

Natty
                          Natty
                          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Last marker is at P:\Vlado\SVN\VRay\RenderInstance.cpp

Sounds like it could be an instance problem, just a guess though.

Do you Have instanciate on?

If the scene is not too large maybe try breaking the instances you do have.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

so it can do with cloning objects...cause i have cloned several large groups of objects...how should i get around this...do i have to model them all seperately cause that would take forever...

and i am not using any other thirdparty plugs...and havent changed anything in hardware or software...
                              Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

Working...
                              X