Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRAY is the buggiest software i have EVER used!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jesse, find finalrender public forum or try to use finalRender stage1 yourself and you'll understand what is really crap, raw "plug".

Comment

Originally posted by guest
      jesse, find finalrender public forum or try to use finalRender stage1 yourself and you'll understand what is really crap, raw "plug".
      lets not go there......

Natty
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I once had a CPU running too hot and it caused all sorts of unexplicable problems. Funny enough it was mainly when rendering (on other apps, before I got Vray), guess it was to do with the fact that rendering is one of the few things that pushes a CPU to 100%.

I would say that Vray is one of the most stable progs on my system, but then my scenes are usually relatively simple.

Comment

Speaking of computers and crashes.....
          ....I have single Athlon 1.4Ghz, with 512 MB ram, teperatures around 60s and 70s and the system is just so stable, never got a crash in MAX or vray....although I am rendering stills, maybe I would have probs with animations....

...anyways Vray is much more stable and reliable than brazil, which is amazing considering it is in its early stages....

Comment

Re: VRAY is the buggiest software i have EVER used!

Originally posted by Jesse
            i dont know how you guys can sell this crap cause everytime i try to render my scene i get some kind of error or crash....and this was with any version...get your sh*t together and make a solid product!

Anyways...thats it...i love the quality of the renders but everytime i render an animation it either give me errors where is doesnt draw a region right or gives me some stupid email VLADO about this CPP line...

i think you guys should work on making this plug STABLE over anything else...

Later!~
            buy finalrender stage-1

vray will look like a bug virgin then.

Comment

BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

HAHA! i have used finalrender...and i know all about it! nice quality renders though...if you know what your doing...but a bug fest for sure....

i still cant belive it was a heat issue!

Anyways! Cheers!
              Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

Jesse,
                Hope now your animation is rendering ok....

BTW, could you show it to us? I'm just curious...

Regards,
                Joao.

Comment

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Here ya go!

YEAH...actually the animation is like 40 megs..but i can post a couple of screens...let me know whatcha think...

Cheers! to VRAY!

and i hope this loads!

HERE is a test render frame...i think i am gonna rework the camera to...to make the fly through shot more interesting...the mars environment scrolls out side the windows...and i am adding sand storm clouds to the outside too...should be very pretty when totally complete...[/img]
                    Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

Attempt number deux!

ok i dont think those will work so i will try posting them on my server...its slow but those free webservice providers are bitchs!

[img]www.dimensiadigital.com/render2.jpg[/img]

[img]www.dimensiadigital.com/render3.jpg[/img]

[img]www.dimensiadigital.com/render4.jpg[/img]
                      Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

Man I cant get anything right!

Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

and i am reworking that middle scene too! its gonna rock when i am done...going to have that my female character in a cryotube when the camera pans in then the water drain and reveal her...and i am try to get real fluid dynamics going too...with raytrace and refraction! then the robo-probers fly in and start working on her!
                          Jesse Van Dubberke

Comment

i was wondering if vlado responds to the errors or if they are just being gathered to find bugs? I sent vlado a scene and error log a few weeks ago just wondering if he responds? Because i know they are busy so i figured they dont. It to was during a massive deadline here at my firm so i just had to deal wiht it and figure out another method.. i found that i had to many ies lights and deleted a bunch and it worked but i am curious about whether or not i would get a resposne when i send the error logs?

Comment

without wanting to start an amd/p4 war, just a quick note to say that we've practically removed amd's from the normal work flow due to heat problems...
                              Digital Progression

Comment

Originally posted by DP
                                without wanting to start an amd/p4 war, just a quick note to say that we've practically removed amd's from the normal work flow due to heat problems...
                                They're nice to have during the winter though. I don't have a heater in my office.
                                Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Working...
                                X