Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRAY is the buggiest software i have EVER used!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold the only AMD I've ever owned to this guy I know and he's always complained about the temp warning beep thing going off. Come to find out, the guy dosn't ever run his AC

--Jon

Comment

As long as you have good case ventalation and a good cooler you shouldnt realy have much heat troubles at all. Ive been building AMD's for the last couple three years and never had a heat related issue yet and thats with 2 rendering almost 24/7. Yea there warm but still only about 55c to 58c on the cpu full load. In my current case I have a XP2700+, 2 sticks corsair PC3200, 6x 80gb HD's, 1 DVD-R, 1 DVD-RW, GF4Ti4600, 450W PS, Promise ATA133 card and a ATI TV card in a Coolermaster Case and the cpu temp still around 45c to 48c idle depending on the room temp but never goes over 58c under full load. All Im saying is that AMD or Intel, if there not properly set up they can both have heat related problems.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Your scenes look great Jesse, glad you and V-Ray are getting along
        I can't wait to see the animation.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Does anyone know where to get a good Cpu Temp program.
          ive got Hmonitor but its saying my amd's are running at around 86 degrees.
          but my Bios tells me they are running around 30 - 50 ?
          so what i need is a good freeware program that sits in the system tray.

Thanks

Natty
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

natty: I use MBM 5, which is pretty good once you set it up right.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Thanks egz...
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

the only good case ventilation system we found (after trying new boxes with even more fans) was to leave the sides off!
                Digital Progression

Comment

Sometimes leaving the side off is not a very good thing. The fans needs some sort of "tunnel" (vacumn; pressure offset?) to create the airflow. If the sides are off, there wouldn't be a "flow" and you create "hotspots" inside the case in the coner of the case, ie harddisks and expansion cards. To get a good flow, make sure all the cables are out of the way or tied up and have a good "system" of case fan where the air can come in and out of the case easily, or else you can create a vortex and hotspots.

If you happen to have a huge fan or an A/C aim at your case when you have the side off then disregard what i said.

Comment

Originally posted by DP
                    the only good case ventilation system we found (after trying new boxes with even more fans) was to leave the sides off!
                    I have to agree with Billnchavez, where as leaving the side off the case is not a good idea unless you have a large fan blowing at the side of it. He is also rite in saying that with the side off it creats hot spots in the case which could cause further stability issues. Contrary to popular belief you dont have to have a case that sounds like a jet engine to have a cool system, Ive seen alot of people buying $20 to $40 cases (cdn) and expect to put a dual processor board in it and expect it to perform good in reguards to cooling. This is just a mistake, when it comes to cases you get what you pay for. Believe me when I say this cause Ive gone though countless cases and even made a couple of my own to get good cooling and air flow. In my opinion if you want a good performer go with a coolermaster case, or if your on a budget the Antec aluminum cases are great also ( http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_enclosures.html ).

[edit] Also just as important the case fans should provide good airflow with low noise. The best Ive been able to find so far is the Panasonic Panaflow series of fans. Or if you want to do a little lighting in your case the Coolermaster quad LED fans are by far the best quality with great flow and low noise output. I happen to run both types in my workstatios here.

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave
                    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

yeh, we knew it wasn't a clever idea, but it was either leave the sides off and get the work done or....
                      Digital Progression

Comment

I am pretty sure i know what this abbrasive jerks problem is
                        i have gotten this same message befor
                        it happens when you use max lights with ((SHADOW MAPS))
                        try it you will all get this ccp line mesage
                        so hey dude bofore you go and bash this software
                        try using another shadow type with your lights

Comment

iveman, you can get this message on a number of occasions; the shadow map thing was fixed a long time ago and was only present in the free version of VRay.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by iveman
                            I am pretty sure i know what this abbrasive jerks problem is
                            i have gotten this same message befor
                            it happens when you use max lights with ((SHADOW MAPS))
                            try it you will all get this ccp line mesage
                            so hey dude bofore you go and bash this software
                            try using another shadow type with your lights
                            And maybe reading to the end of the thread before posting might help too...

Though I have to agree with you that this started out as a case of supersized attitude
                            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Originally posted by DP
                              without wanting to start an amd/p4 war, just a quick note to say that we've practically removed amd's from the normal work flow due to heat problems...
                              Its funny, nowdays with most of the recentish P4's they actually produce more heat than the AMD's....tables have turned. But i agree athlons are little lucifers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                                But i agree athlons are little lucifers!!!
                                ohh, quit that.
                                truth is I have a dual athlon 1900+ and many time I run it 36 to 48 hours straight rendering at 100% usage and I NEVER had any heating problems with it!! I didn't have to take off any side of the case or add extra fans.

i have 5 fans in it and it is a little noisy, but nothing terrible....you can't even really notice it unless you looking for it.

I think pentium are over priced and over hyped.......

paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X