Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering this is only open to 50 people, it's going to be a pretty small group who have access to these materials. I don't think the goal here is to make a lots of money. The training materials along with support are worth more than the the amount I had to pay.

I choose to support those that are willing to give back to the community.
    Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
    Midwest Studios

Comment

• Yes, fair enough, but it is still a small concern.
      Originally posted by Donald2B View Post
      Considering this is only open to 50 people, it's going to be a pretty small group who have access to these materials. I don't think the goal here is to make a lots of money. The training materials along with support are worth more than the the amount I had to pay.

I choose to support those that are willing to give back to the community.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
        How are these going to be distributed? I mean, a secure webpage? If they get out in the wild, one of us will be the culprit! In the past I have contributed to projects like this, and after I was an early adopter and paid for the privilege, the developer ends up giving away what I supported and paid for.
        Let me be very realistic here and point out that yes, at some point, any or ALL of the content I am selling you will be pirated. That is not the point though, in the past I have given away ALL my tutorials, I could have milked 100k out of the community by now by selling everything easily.

This isn't about making lots of money yet. It's about making and learning how to make a quality product that the community actually wants!

That is why I am selling it to only 50 people at the start so the customer support and feedback is personal.
        Eventually, I will develop different ways to be able to support more sales but at the moment I don't think thats realistic so I'm playing it safe.

I believe $120 is a very good price to support a member of the community who has put far more time and effort into helping others than he will ever get back

Edit:

I'll also ad that those who purchase the subscription will have instant access to the new content instead of the warez community which will have to do its best to manage weekly updates to this subscription.
        If any of you want to pirate my stuff, go ahead, I'm not going to stop you, I physically can't so why try!
        The amount of positive feedback I've gotten so far has really motivated me however so thaks everyone.
        There will be a private youtube channel set up also.
        Last edited by grantwarwick; 25-11-2013, 12:49 PM.
        admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
        Mastering CGI
        CGSociety Folio
        CREAM Studios
        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Secure website, limited membership, secure streaming, blah blah blah - it's all just delaying the inevitable. Sooner or later it's going to be out in the open. Since I produce/sell training content myself, i know the situation all too well.

In any case - I will only feel proud about supporting the guy who provided the content, and not sorry that 'I paid for something that others get for free'
          Keep on the good work

Comment

• Yep I'll second a procedural terrazzo and procedural marbles as these are always hard to find nice large textures of.
            James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
            Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

• And when will one stop worrying? 3dsmax, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, and more, probably can/are acquired by others as warez, but I don't feel bad about paying for my expensive licenses...
              So to pay Grant for this subscription gives me no worries at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
                Yep I'll second a procedural terrazzo and procedural marbles as these are always hard to find nice large textures of.
                I'd like to "third" those!

Comment

• Originally posted by voltron7 View Post
                  I'd like to "third" those!
                  Excellent. So terrazzo material ready for production tomorrow the Grant, yes???
                  Kind Regards,
                  Richard Birket
                  ----------------------------------->
                  http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

• Originally posted by tricky View Post
                    Excellent. So terrazzo material ready for production tomorrow the Grant, yes???
                    I've got to crack the puzzle to producing it procedurally! I am very close haha

----------------------
                    Mastering CGI
                    CGSociety Folio
                    CREAM Studios
                    Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by viscorbel View Post
                      Secure website, limited membership, secure streaming, blah blah blah - it's all just delaying the inevitable. Sooner or later it's going to be out in the open. Since I produce/sell training content myself, i know the situation all too well.

In any case - I will only feel proud about supporting the guy who provided the content, and not sorry that 'I paid for something that others get for free'
                      Keep on the good work

Exactly, it's going to happen sooner or later, maybe I can introduce student pricing though
                      Can you give me a few months before releasing a new viscorbel pack though hahahahahaha
                      Last edited by grantwarwick; 25-11-2013, 03:20 PM.

----------------------
                      Mastering CGI
                      CGSociety Folio
                      CREAM Studios
                      Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• heh, don't worry I don't think i'm going to release any new material related packs.

Originally posted by grantwarwick View Post
                        Exactly, it's going to happen sooner or later, maybe I can introduce student pricing though
                        Can you give me a few months before releasing a new viscorbel pack though hahahahahaha

Comment

• Hows the tortoise-shell material going Grant???
                          Martin
                          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

• Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
                            Hows the tortoise-shell material going Grant???

Sorry, I completely forgot about this!
                            unfortunately Vray has severe bugs when using duplicated geometry as an environment gizmo.

I can create a volumetric object that has the SSS like effect when rendered by itself, and the glass shader that works by itself but seamingly at random, the whole file breaks and It stops rendering the fog properly.
                            So for 2-3 test renders I come VERY close to getting it but it absolutely doesn't work more than that.

Gonna keep trying to de-bug it.

----------------------
                            Mastering CGI
                            CGSociety Folio
                            CREAM Studios
                            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• are you doing that in vray 3? Maybe it would be good to pass the bugged scene to Vlado for inspection what can be done about it?
                              The ability to render "volumetric" procedural refraction is something i really miss in vray. Do you think its just too hard to code or is it something where vray really reaches its limits?
                              Martin
                              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

• Hey Grant

Hope there are still places left, sent an email this morning.
                                Really looking forward to seeing your workflow.

Cheers
                                Gavin
                                Gavin Jeoffreys
                                Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

Working...
                                X