Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, big thumbs up from me.

Really pleased to see this.
    Win10 x64, 3DS Max 2017 19.0, Vray 3.60.03
    Threadripper 1950x, 64GB RAM, Aurous Gaming 7 x399,

Comment

• Right, this all sounds very good. How do I subscribe to these tutorials and pay for the materials ?
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

• Email me.

Admin@sathe.com.au
        admin@masteringcgi.com.au

----------------------
        Mastering CGI
        CGSociety Folio
        CREAM Studios
        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• okay. I am working through a scene, concentrating on the sample rate map, and things are starting to make sense.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
            okay. I am working through a scene, concentrating on the sample rate map, and things are starting to make sense.

Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Sample rate is. You have to see it for yourself.

----------------------
            Mastering CGI
            CGSociety Folio
            CREAM Studios
            Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by olly View Post
              Really? I'm sure i remember writing that...
              deepest apologies! These are the two I use most often and I just can't seem to keep it straight.
              Sorry Olly for my foot-in-mouth

Comment

• So guys,
                I'm looking for some testimonials from companies over the next few weeks for when I start releasing an official product.
                I'm happy to give away subscriptions to those willing to offer up some copy, just email me first if you or your company are interested.

Employees of and a couple of Leads from world class studios are involved in the pre-release so it would be really nice to be able to have their support when I release.

Cheers,

Grant.
                Last edited by grantwarwick; 08-12-2013, 11:37 PM.

----------------------
                Mastering CGI
                CGSociety Folio
                CREAM Studios
                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Grant - your timing for this first video is impeccable.

I was just putting the final touches on a comprehensive V-Ray Optimization Tutorial - drawing on some of the posts which have long been buried in the huge Understand DMC Sampler thread...
                  Between your video and this tutorial, I think the issue of how to properly optimize V-Ray can finally be put to a rest.

Great work man - looking forward to seeing more! I'll post a note in here when the Tutorial is online for anyone interested.
                  Akin Bilgic | CGGallery.com
                  Modeler & Generalist TD

V-Ray Render Optimization
                  V-Ray DMC Calculator

Comment

• Hahaha, It's actually a fucking joke it's taken this long...Seriously, Chaos Group really needs to hire someone to bridge the gap between technology and artistry, there just isn't any easy to understand material out there.
                    It's the most versatile render engine on the market and needs to be seen as the rightful king of them all.

----------------------
                    Mastering CGI
                    CGSociety Folio
                    CREAM Studios
                    Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• Thanks you Grant, that first video was great stuff.
                      Working through some scene at work to get a better grasp of the sample rate.
                      Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by ivor88 View Post
                        Thanks you Grant, that first video was great stuff.
                        Working through some scene at work to get a better grasp of the sample rate.
                        Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Cheers

One of the last things I've spent serious hours figuring out is what reflection interpolation settings are best and when to use it.
                        I've been experimenting in silence getting very good results.

----------------------
                        Mastering CGI
                        CGSociety Folio
                        CREAM Studios
                        Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

• What is the correlation between light intensity and noise regarding this technic of splitting render element, checking without the GI, adjusting the AA and threshold & increasing the subdivision before going back to GI?
                          I just notice that the same object (from Grant tutorial) with same render setup but with a different lighting (interior + HDRI) produced a lot of noise whatever are the subdivision.

Comment

• Finally I got some time to check the video! It is very nice. I could get some very useful information just in 30 mins.
                            Thanks once again.

Comment

• well done Grant and already worth the subscription!

Comment

• Originally posted by fraggle View Post
                                What is the correlation between light intensity and noise regarding this technic of splitting render element, checking without the GI, adjusting the AA and threshold & increasing the subdivision before going back to GI?
                                I just notice that the same object (from Grant tutorial) with same render setup but with a different lighting (interior + HDRI) produced a lot of noise whatever are the subdivision.
                                HDRI's become a bit of a bitch to handle honestly.

HDR's need their own tutorial video. There are certain tricks and techniques I've developed during the tone mapping stage to reduce render times by making vrays job of importance sampling easier.

To answer your question though, any and all changes that produce a drastically different image will require adjusting of the AA settings but get over it, it's your job, quit if you don't like it :P
                                Things like solid rocks are just bullshit IMO. Artists need to take control themselves and not entrust in a "magic" button.
                                I say that because a computer or algorithm can't see things like a human can.
                                If you learn and understand the laws (And you all will as more videos come out) you will begin to make these changes subconsciously as you work and it really won't feel like a chore.

I told everyone I'd be releasing metal shaders over the weekend.
                                Just an update, I'm rebuilding 3 of them due to a BSod on Saturday night FML.
                                Last edited by grantwarwick; 09-12-2013, 02:18 AM.

----------------------
                                Mastering CGI
                                CGSociety Folio
                                CREAM Studios
                                Mastering V-Ray Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X