Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Warwick- Mastering Vray: Material Ideas Needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joconnell View Post
    I can't remember if it's a max based issue or something to do with vray s9o I don't know on who's end it needs to be fixed unfortunately.
    I'll poke Vlado and see if I can get a definitive answer. Thanks.

- Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by soulburn3d View Post
      I had wondered about the dupe materials. Is this something Vlado hopes to eventually fix? It's a real pain from an organizational perspective.
      Actually when I checked, we need this for the preview in the viewports, not for MaxScript (I was confused about that a bit). It turned out that Nitrous doesn't work for the way our parameters were organized originally, and we didn't want to ditch the original parameters as that would break old scenes, scripts and what not. Not sure what would be the best way to proceed with this.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Well, it would be a real help if there was a way to fix this, whether it's you guys or autodesk, as it clutters things up and slows down opening up certain medit editors. Like for example, when I hit "get material" and it brings up a list of all scene materials and maps, it's basically loading the entire scene twice, which i this case took over 2 minutes, just so I could select a vray material.

- Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by soulburn3d View Post
          Well, it would be a real help if there was a way to fix this, whether it's you guys or autodesk, as it clutters things up and slows down opening up certain medit editors. Like for example, when I hit "get material" and it brings up a list of all scene materials and maps, it's basically loading the entire scene twice, which i this case took over 2 minutes, just so I could select a vray material.

- Neil
          That's why in addition to using the classic mateditor, I set my material browser back to the old version also. MUCH faster. When they switched to the "new" one, I had a scene with a gazzillion sketchup objects and multisubobject materials that would sit for about 10 minutes when I tried to "get material". Since then I just stuck with the old browser.
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

• Just wondering if Bercon maps from 3DS will transfer through the vrmats to Maya? Does anyone know?

Kind regards,
            Eduardo

Comment

• Originally posted by Emcs07 View Post
              Just wondering if Bercon maps from 3DS will transfer through the vrmats to Maya? Does anyone know?

Kind regards,
              Eduardo
              No. As far as I know only the maps created by vrmats are transfered between vray version.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Wait, hold up. GGX BRDF has been implimented into VRay? When did this happen?
                Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macker View Post
                  Wait, hold up. GGX BRDF has been implimented into VRay? When did this happen?
                  Only in the nightly builds.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Oh sweet! I'm looking forward to that being released.

It's one of those things I didn't know I needed until being shown the difference between ward/phong/GGX. The falloff of the hotspot looks so real.
                    Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

• I would assume not, since the bercon maps only exist as 3dsmax versions. They'd have to get translated to move over to maya.

- Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                        Only in the nightly builds.
                        and only in vray 3 as i can see. i would be happy to see the GGX BRDF in the 2.4 nightlys also!

Comment

• Recently installed the newest vray 3.0 nightly but I didn't see GGX mentioned anywhere. I guess its not inside the stable builds? Or I may be really blind.
                          Cheers,
                          Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• I believe you're correct.
                            James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                            Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

• Ah damn. Oh well
                              Cheers,
                              Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• hey guys where is the nightly build that contain the GGX shader I want to try it

Comment

Working...
                                X