No announcement yet.

3d 360 panoramas for SAMSUNG Gear VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok guys, I found out that nothing out there is better than KRPano, even for iOS.
    So if needed to be offline, the best soft is "goodreader".

5$, install it and drag and drop the folder in itunes in goodreader.

You now have krpano offline with stereo and video support if needed

You're welcome

Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

• Also "File app" works as does "File Explorer"
      At least one of those is free.

Comment

• Nelig,

I would like to know a bit more about your VR player workflow. I am testing it as a potential viewer with VR Player and Cardboard. I have attached two renders from Vray Stereoscopic helper at fairly high-res; one spherical and one cube 6:1. The cube was does not work in VR Player regardless of format. The spherical works but the display resolution is horrible. Any ideas?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by AtlJimK; 14-08-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• The spherical that you're loading into vr player is presumably significantly higher res than that image? I wouldn't load anything less than 8k wide into it.

Cardboard and vr player was what i first used to test it but we bought a few s6's and gear vr's now.
          The quality difference is worth it - we have 3 separate VR jobs (and one already delivered) locked into our schedule now that I don't believe we'd have got without the screen quality of the gear VR.

Comment

• The original spherical is 8192 and the cubical was 16384. The spherical was the only on that loaded properly and even at 8K is was just as poor in the viewer.

Comment

• Any guidance? VR Player must be down-res'ing the content. Image from my Galaxy-S5. BTW: that is an 8K image.
              Attached Files

Comment

• That is incredibly bad, it doesnt look anything like that on my s4. It's not normal, I can tell you that much.

What image format are you using, and have you tried a few different ones?

Comment

• Hi guys,

Here is one of our test's using Google Cardboard. You can go downstairs by focusing on the arrow behind you. http://wip.mintviz.com/Stereo-image-int-002/tour.html

Also a small article about VR can be seen here, goes over some of the things we have found whilst researching VR. http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/feat...rtual-reality/

Comment

• Originally posted by AtlJimK View Post
                    Any guidance? VR Player must be down-res'ing the content. Image from my Galaxy-S5. BTW: that is an 8K image.
                    We're using VR Gallery 3d here, and it works perfectly !
                    The only limitation I found so far is that it doesn't handle side-by-side renderings automatically .. one has to split manually VRay rendered image to get _L and _R images. Apart that, it works perfectly !
                    Nicolas Caplat
                    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
                      Hi guys,

Here is one of our test's using Google Cardboard. You can go downstairs by focusing on the arrow behind you. http://wip.mintviz.com/Stereo-image-int-002/tour.html

Also a small article about VR can be seen here, goes over some of the things we have found whilst researching VR. http://www.workshop.mintviz.com/feat...rtual-reality/
                      Nice stuff, James !
                      And thanks for the article, very interesting. Now you have to do some tutorials :P

Cheers.
                      Nicolas Caplat
                      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

• Originally posted by NicoC View Post
                        Nice stuff, James !
                        And thanks for the article, very interesting. Now you have to do some tutorials :P

Cheers.
                        Thanks it is much appreciated. A tutorial may be in the works, the whole setup is pretty simple to do though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
                          Thanks it is much appreciated. A tutorial may be in the works, the whole setup is pretty simple to do though.
                          Yup, it doesn't seem complicated, you're right.
                          We have a good workflow for "simple" 360 stereoscopic panos for a while now, to display with a smartphone + cardboard (using VR Gallery 3d application for Android). The only boring stuff is to crop manually left and right images from VRay rendering, because VR Gallery 3d doesn't handle side-by-side images natively (apparently). Now I'd like to propose to my boss the same thing, but adding focus hotspots, hence my recent interest with KRPano. Ah, and my bosses has an iPhone ... why ??!!
                          About KRPano, the only aspect remaining a bit dark for me is the "web-stuff-browser-blabla" to handle ... I'll have to find some time to dive in that properly

Anyway, thanks again for your informations.

Regards.
                          Nicolas Caplat
                          www.intangibles.fr

Comment

• Being web-based stuff as you said, it's literally just the best way to view any VR stuff, at least on the iPhone (and I search a lot) as well as on desktop. I haven't tried andriod as I don't have any.
                            You can easily "free up" the tethering to the net part on a iPhone by using a offline web browser like good reader for only 5$.

Just need to find a way to get the cube maps working in KRPano (haven't really looked into that yet) but it's working great with stereo 360's, stills and videos.

Stan
                            3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                              Being web-based stuff as you said, it's literally just the best way to view any VR stuff, at least on the iPhone (and I search a lot) as well as on desktop. I haven't tried andriod as I don't have any.
                              You can easily "free up" the tethering to the net part on a iPhone by using a offline web browser like good reader for only 5$.

Just need to find a way to get the cube maps working in KRPano (haven't really looked into that yet) but it's working great with stereo 360's, stills and videos.

Stan
                              What resolution are you rendering your videos? The maximum I can get an iPhone 5s and 6 to display a mono video is 1920 x 960 which is really poor quality using H264. The playback on an iPhone is also very juddery, seems to be a limitation of the playback speed on the iPhone from what krpano have said.
                              Last edited by ; 01-09-2015, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Does this work?

http://www.dvstudios.biz/VR/tour.html

I don't have a cardboard yet to test it myself.
                                WerT
                                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
                                X