No announcement yet.

3d 360 panoramas for SAMSUNG Gear VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe worth setting this thread sticky, no ?
    Nicolas Caplat
    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

• Originally posted by Neilg View Post
      I posted it a low res version in this thread - http://imgur.com/y6KqfIO
      The only ones we have at 20k are now from real jobs so I cant post them yet.
      I was mistaken though - it renders l&r side by side in vray, but i cut them up to do left on top and right on bottom for vr player.
      Neil, is it possible to post your setup/settings on how to make a stereoscopic pano that works with google cardboard. I mean are there any special settings?
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
        Neil, is it possible to post your setup/settings on how to make a stereoscopic pano that works with google cardboard. I mean are there any special settings?
        Same as with a normal spherical pano, except you use the vray stereoscopic helper as well.
        Set the eye distance to the right scale, tick adjust resolution so it doubles the render width to accommodate both eyes, and then render.

You should end up with an image thats 4:1 and is 2 x spherical panos side-by-side.

From there it depends how you are viewing it, what app etc.

Im still looking for a good iOS app to simply view the stereo pano without any messing around.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexP View Post
          Same as with a normal spherical pano, except you use the vray stereoscopic helper as well.
          Set the eye distance to the right scale, tick adjust resolution so it doubles the render width to accommodate both eyes, and then render.

You should end up with an image thats 4:1 and is 2 x spherical panos side-by-side.

From there it depends how you are viewing it, what app etc.

Im still looking for a good iOS app to simply view the stereo pano without any messing around.
          Thank you Alex, about the eye distance, what value should I use here, the distance between my own eyes or the distance between the lenses of my google cardboard? As for the other parameters of the stereoscopic helper, do I leave those at default?
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• I think 65mm is the default, but its worth experimenting. We've found that different settings suit different people (obviously I guess)

AFAIK the other default parameters are fine to be left as they are.

Comment

• You may also use focus method = Rotation. This usually results in better stereoscopic effect, that is also controllable using the focus distance.
              When using focus method = None the distant objects may appear flat.
              V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasil Minkov View Post
                You may also use focus method = Rotation. This usually results in better stereoscopic effect, that is also controllable using the focus distance.
                When using focus method = None the distant objects may appear flat.
                Ok will give it a try, what exactly does the focus distance do in that case? I assumed it was to do with DOF.

Comment

• When using focus method = rotation, the focus distance is a distance to the point of view. It is taken from camera by default but you may override it to achieve DOF independent stereo effect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	focusdistance.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	856453
                  V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

• Paul Bourke has some good information, http://paulbourke.net/stereographics/stereorender/
                    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

• sorry if it's been mentioned in the thread, but are there any good "players" to view cubemaps on? (For Windows)

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                        Stan, would you be able to explain how you use the KRPano droplets to create a stereo pano using a stereo spherical render from Vray please?
                        Stan and Alex
                        Were you able to go over this at all? I have Vray 3.0 (so no 6:1 cube option) and the Gear VR. I would love to render out my project with my current settings and drop them into something that will create the proper format for the Gear to view.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
                        Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by h3d View Post
                          Stan and Alex
                          Were you able to go over this at all? I have Vray 3.0 (so no 6:1 cube option) and the Gear VR. I would love to render out my project with my current settings and drop them into something that will create the proper format for the Gear to view.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
                          Greg
                          Yes actually, its a bit fiddly.
                          But if you split your stereo pano into separate L and R images. Then drop both of those together on to the "make Vtour" droplet.
                          You then need to go and edit the tour.xml that has just been created.
                          In there, you'll see something like <image> blah blah. There'll be one for the left and one for the right.
                          Delete one entirely.
                          In my edited one, the section looks like this:

Code:
                          <image stereo="true" stereolabels="left|right">
                          			<cube url="panos/cambridge_%t.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" />
                          			<mobile>
                          				<cube url="panos/cambridge_%t.tiles/mobile_%s.jpg" />
                          			</mobile>
                          		</image>
                          the names you put in the stereolabels bit corresponds with "%s" in your file name.

Hope this makes enough sense?? Im not very code savvy so someone else may be able to explain better.

Comment

• Hmmm, I may have spoken too soon. Thanks for the explanation Alex. If I just have a standard 360 spherical render can I get that into my Gear Headset?

Comment

• So I was able to just drop the Spherical Pano into the ORBX samples folder and I am able to view the image OK. There is a seam that doesn't quite get welded in the wrap but it's a quick option. It is a bit blurry but I am guessing that is because it's not actually a stereo image?

I am awaiting a Vray 3.2 upgrade to test the 6:1 cube render options.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Any idea whats the best app to view stereo 360 pano on iOS?

Any luck to get the cubic renders working with a app in iOS as well?

Cheers
                                Stan
                                3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                                X