https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...000_Stereo.jpg
    This one is currently rendering :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...000_Stereo.jpg

Let me know how it "feels"

Stan
    3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Light fields are not the only way to get parallax; see the Nozon video above (at least, I think it's not using light fields).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Are ChaosGroup doing some research about "render with parallax" or not ? This is something that you are interested ?
      www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
        Are ChaosGroup doing some research about "render with parallax" or not ? This is something that you are interested ?
        Yes to both.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
          Cheers for that Neil. I've ordered the Google Cardboard thing and sent a 8000x2000px stereo pano to render
          I'm interested in this. I have the Cardboard thing but the iPhone 6. It might be that Android-based devices are better suited as I haven't yet found an iOS ap that will allow me to upload images to view. Any ideas on this?
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket
          ----------------------------------->
          http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
            I'm interested in this. I have the Cardboard thing but the iPhone 6. It might be that Android-based devices are better suited as I haven't yet found an iOS ap that will allow me to upload images to view. Any ideas on this?
            I have no idea about iOS apps yet. That's my next challenge as all the directors here have iPhones, I'll keep you posted if I find anything useful. I'd be slightly concerned about the ppi of an iPhone screen, my Nexus ppi of 493 and I can clearly see the pixels. The iPhone 6 and 6+ are 326 and 401 respectively.

The testing of the new stereo spherical camera in V-Ray has gone well though. I've found an Android app that can load a 6000 x 3000 px panorama for each eye and the 3d effect from the stereo panoramas is really good. It would be amazing if there was a bit of parallax movement as you move your head but maybe that's one for the future...
            Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
              I have no idea about iOS apps yet. That's my next challenge as all the directors here have iPhones, I'll keep you posted if I find anything useful. I'd be slightly concerned about the ppi of an iPhone screen, my Nexus ppi of 493 and I can clearly see the pixels. The iPhone 6 and 6+ are 326 and 401 respectively.

The testing of the new stereo spherical camera in V-Ray has gone well though. I've found an Android app that can load a 6000 x 3000 px panorama for each eye and the 3d effect from the stereo panoramas is really good. It would be amazing if there was a bit of parallax movement as you move your head but maybe that's one for the future...
              Thanks for this. Look forward to it. I'll keep digging around in the meantime too
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket
              http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Yes to both.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I love you.
                if you need any testing...

Comment

I'm not a clever man.
                  I don't get how you can get parallax when you have a spherical projection, doesn't this require a realtime 3d scene since the position of the camera changes in regard to the objects? I can sort of understand it with a cylindrical projection, but when it goes vertical and curved (inside of a sphere vs inside of a cylinder), my brain explodes. How does this work? Are there seperate renders for every camera movement someone makes?

Comment

Well in case of a point cloud, it quite easy to understand I think.
                    You just compute all the visible pixels that will be in the selected area you're supposed to walk through.
                    Afterwards, I guess it's a question of displaying this to some VR sets through dedicated software.
                    Point cloud (or lightfield or other tech) are more the kind of way to go in stead of rendering every possible frame for a camera move
                    3LP Team

Comment

Yes, i understand that. But how can we get parallax in this example:

http://wip.sbrusse.com/vtour8/tour.h...ay.stereo=true

Comment

Originally posted by elivnA View Post
                        Yes, i understand that. But how can we get parallax in this example: http://wip.sbrusse.com/vtour8/tour.h...ay.stereo=true
                        For the moment, you can't. Like I said, we are researching this, but keep in mind that

a) It will not work with just two images - a deep data format that can store more information like depth, is needed;
                        b) It will require a specialized viewer.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

For the moment, you can't. Like I said, we are researching this, but keep in mind that

a) It will not work with just two images - a deep data format that can store more information like depth, is needed;
                          b) It will require a specialized viewer.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          So are you doing also the viewer ? For windows ? Android ?
                          Because the problem is to have a viewer that can read all the data without lags.
                          www.deex.info

Comment

I say : "Trust Vlado"
                            3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
                              So are you doing also the viewer ? For windows ? Android ?
                              Because the problem is to have a viewer that can read all the data without lags.
                              Somehow I miss the days when rendering was only about tracing rays But anyways, this specific problem is for the guys at Nurulize to solve; we only need to get the data out of V-Ray.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Somehow I miss the days when rendering was only about tracing rays
                                Imagine what it will be in 2025 ...
                                3LP Team

Comment

Working...
                                X