No announcement yet.

Wooden floor - help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will keep testing. I think it's not the textures problem but mine. I have many professional ones, like complete set from Arroway and also recently I bought several of multitexture ones that look really good!
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

arroway where great 5 years ago, but they have aged. I guess the multi textures one are better but there is definitely better out there.

If you could share your floor model with the walls and cam, I'm sure some of us (me included) could have a look and offer you a few options.

Cheers
      Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        If you could share your floor model with the walls and cam, I'm sure some of us (me included) could have a look and offer you a few options.

Cheers
        Stan
        I'm following this thread for everybody's great tips, and it seems like it almost needs a small community competition!

Comment

Originally posted by WilleViz View Post
          I'm following this thread for everybody's great tips, and it seems like it almost needs a small community competition!
          Shader competition! I am in !
          -------------------------------------------------------------
          Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
          Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

now we are talking!

Stan
            3LP Team

Comment

I'm down for a competition

I'd bet on it being the diffuse. Maybe a nice cerused wood texture.. or something similar. That original reference image, the wood grain has a bit of contrast in it that makes it pop.
              Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Also the problem is the clients wishes, my likes, and my contact to the client wishes lol
                Everyone has their own preferences. This is what he sent me last that they like apparently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	506.1 KB
ID:	858547

Initially I was given those first renders as a reference and I kept trying to recreate that awesome rough surface, and now it seems he felt floors were plastic because he wanted them matte reflective. So now I'm making those renders. Already I don't like them but if that's what they want....
                www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

This is with one of multitexture textures but it's way too smooth because I wanted to simulate what he sent me last. It looks really bad now. When I use multitexture I use it's parameters to create reflect and bump from that diffuse. I don't want to create one from each board in PS manually.

Name:	LORTOP-C0000.jpg
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	858548

Will try something else next.
                  www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

i think that doesnt look bad at all. has more character and realism than the other tests imho. maybe the highlights along the board edges are too much... expensive floorboards *are* smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by super gnu View Post
                      i think that doesnt look bad at all. has more character and realism than the other tests imho. maybe the highlights along the board edges are too much... expensive floorboards *are* smooth.
                      Yeah, I noticed highlights along the board edges too. You could try and remove that bevel on the boards - or at least reduce it.

Comment

Really!? This my least favourite one. Yes...edges are now more pronounced because it's so smooth. Still doing a render with more variation in reflection.
                        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

So here's a new one. Again, with that matte varnish theme. This one has a normal fresnel IOR 1.6

Name:	LORTOP-C0000.jpg
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	858549
                          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

agree with the other comments, reduce the seaming between the boards, and that wood material looks like it'll work, just needs to be refined a bit more - here I noodled with it in photoshop, but I think you'd want to make some color corrects and tweaks directly to the diffuse to get the wood closer to the reference

edit: I got that effect in that section through a levels & curve adjustment, and various color tweaking with a warm color wash over the whole thing.

Name:	LORTOP-C0000_edit.jpg
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	858550
                            Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Oh, I don't think it has to be that type of wood but that finish/material. But cool how you matched it!
                              Yer, will reduce the seems.

I know this is not for this project but damn this looks good!
                              http://3dsky.org/3dmodels/show/antiq...t_multitexture
                              www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

A test with an inverse reflection. I suppose the first one was better.

Name:	LORTOP-C00001.jpg
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	858551
                                www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
                                X