No announcement yet.

3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be damned! All I did was mentioning Blender a page ago! Anyhow, downloading Blender right now and will start trying it out. I know VRay is on Beta stage, and I think they have continuous work being done on it. As said earlier, I think if several of us start using it and request support from other companies such as Forest Pack, then they will update their code. I'm really looking forward to this now. See you on those forums soon.... asking the newbie questions we all do when we start one of these programs

Best
    alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Sbrusse View Post
      What about plugs?
      The major superiority from 3ds over the others are the plugins IMO, forest pack pro, railclone, viz park, etc...
      How to get all that working in Blender?

We work with huge files that takes 64+ Gb ram to render with loads of Xrefs etc, is Blender capable of handling all that without hiccups?
      I think the best plugin for Blender is Houdini Indie for those who can cope with the limitations. Only 199$/year. May sounds like too much to learn but learning all the max plugins is probably even more to learn cause each plugin works on his own logic while everything in Houdini is based on the same logic. Not to mentiion that any max plugin cost more than a year of Houdini Indie... So you learn that logic one time and it serves for all features: grain sims, fluid sims, rigid body, hair you name it. there is also a V-Ray for Houdini also in its infancy and I just hope V-Ray for Blender and V-Ray for Houdini reach the level of V-Ray for 3ds max one day...

And alembic coming in next Blender version should draw major attention from those who think like me.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
      Little Antman
      See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
      Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

• I just recheck to be sure but the V-Ray frame Buffer is already integrated. Look:

Click image for larger version

Name:	v-ray for blender.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	863339

Little Antman

Comment

• Originally posted by jstrob View Post
          I just recheck to be sure but the V-Ray frame Buffer is already integrated. Look:
          Yes, what is working currently is that the Vray Blender add-on writes a vrscene that the vray standalone can read and render (all this is done automatically - you can see the exporter working if you go to "Window --> Toggle system console".)

What is not working is any feedback between the VFB and the Blender model. You have to start a new render each time you make a change to the model.

Comment

• Ok yes I see there's no button to rerender in the same buffer.

Little Antman

Comment

• Originally posted by jstrob View Post
              I wonder why in the case of V-Ray for blender they have to make a special version of Blender with V-Ray inside of it?
              I think that one reason is the exporting speed...and if you modify the Blender Core you can be faster than using the standard python exporting... this is what I've understood about this but I'm not sure that is the main or only reason for that.

Anyway, @bdancer (who started the vray 4 blender porting) can surely give you (us) more clear information.

Comment

• Since this is a Blender thread now (AD should think about that^^)
                I'd like to ask how good the cad imort of blender is.
                This would be very important for me.
                German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

• I think that, for people interested in, we should leave this thread and make another one in the Blender section of this forum.

Are you agree?

Comment

• Yes absolutely.

But the Blender section of the Vray forum is difficult to find. It does not appear in my forum home. But here is the direct link:
                    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/forumdi...ay-for-Blender

There should be a "general" section in that forum too.

See you there.

Little Antman

Comment

• At the moment I've opened this

http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...nder-some-tips

Comment

• Blender section should be visible on the main Forum page:
                        http://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum.php

Let us know if for some reason you are not able to see it.
                        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

• I have no problem with the visibility of the Blender section. Anyways, I just jumped over there so we don't derail this thread which was supposedly about Max 2017. I just asked my first questions there. I'm seriously considering starting learning it just in case. You just never know with Autodesk and their one sided decisions as we've seen many times.

BTW, Blender version 3.0 is expected to have a proper layering system with nesting etc. similar to Max. This was one of the main things holding me back from diving deeper with Blender. If this is implemented, I'm sure the user base will grow even more.
                          Last edited by Alex_M; 02-09-2016, 06:02 AM.
                          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                            Blender section should be visible on the main Forum page:
                            http://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum.php

Let us know if for some reason you are not able to see it.
                            Ok thank you and sorry Svetlozar! i found out why I was not seeing it even after your post: I had som option set up in the forum. I think i set them up many years ago when I didn't know what Blender was.

It is in the GForum Actions=>General setting=>miscelaneous options=>Exclude forums from "What's New"

It also exclude content from the Forumhome when the following checkbox is checked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	settingForum.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	863354

Little Antman

Comment

• Only thing now Svetlozar, is when I post in the Blender section i can't edit my post (no option at the bottom like i get here).

Little Antman

Comment

• So, Blender is a modeling software with a built in renderer (cycles). V-Ray makes a plugin- which is awesome, but what is Houdini? I went to their web page, but to a layman, it wasn't very clear.
                                Bobby Parker
                                www.bobby-parker.com
                                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X