No announcement yet.

3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has a V-Ray for MAX 2017 been announced yet? I might be re-installing, so I might star with MAX 2017.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Has a V-Ray for MAX 2017 been announced yet? I might be re-installing, so I might star with MAX 2017.
      We are just branching off the builds today, so it will be maybe a week more or so.

We can get you a build sooner than that if you need it - just email us to support@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Did anyone else read the EULA when installing 2017? Specifically, you have exactly six months from the day you first install 2017 after which you must completely delete all prior versions of Max from your computer(s)!!!

What dumb a$$ lawyer who has no clue how production works came up with that? We haven't even install 2017 for testing yet because of that. Did previous version have that stipulation?

Comment

How funny. They want everyone on subscription this year. I downloaded a 30 trial of 2017 and by the time my trial ended, the price jumped $50. Be prepared for the price to rise every 3 months.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

And we put a 30 day trial on our computer and other than a viewport speed, we laughed about all the other "benefits" which we could not find. Exactly, the converting from one scene type to another. Like we took a file from one renderer and tried to convert it to Mental Ray. It froze. So, 2017 is totally useless, soon I'll be forced to upgrade at which point I may go into Blender.!

Comment

The odd thing is that in my subscription renewal email it says that with the subscription you get access to old versions of Max. However, the license when I looked at the download said you had to uninstall all previous versions.

This is the problem when you let lawyers get involved in creative fields. They try to do whatever unconscionable things they can for their clients, without actually understanding how the business works. OTOH, I guess we wouldn't write really great contracts if we tried to play lawyer.

Studios need permanent access to all prior versions of software and/or 100% compatibility (which we know is silly). Clients are always coming back six months or more later expectin you to rework some old assets.

Comment

I just downloaded and install 2016, which was found in the previous version folders. Once they implement the new policy, they'll probably just remove the option to download previous versions.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Lets face it, a lawyer came up with that? Lets see this for what it is. If you have 2017 files and want to get someone else to render them or work with them, you are inherently forcing that other person to upgrade to 2017 (hence new customer). No one wants to spend a few minutes per file remembering to save down to whatever that other person/entity has. So, I'm sorry to have to say this, but Autodesk is a business and their stock have been going very high over the years, they brag about this non-stop, year after year. I don't think it was the lawyer, I think the lawyer was told what the board wanted and the lawyer worked out a legal way to write it. Having said that, I really wish AD came up with some decent utility in 3DS Max that made me WANT to pay for their upgrades product.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
                    Did anyone else read the EULA when installing 2017? Specifically, you have exactly six months from the day you first install 2017 after which you must completely delete all prior versions of Max from your computer(s)!!!

[...] Did previous version have that stipulation?
                    Jep: http://www.autodesk.com/company/lega...-agreements#15

On this page you can find all the EULA's back to 2012 (for 2011 they just have the AutoCat EULA)
                    And you can find exactly the same text in every single one. (Accept the 2011 of AutoCat).
                    I think you can safly continue ignoring that
                    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

So How is it going with vray for max 2017 version?
                      AMD TR 7980X, 256GB DDR5, GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, Win 11 Pro
                      ---------------------------
                      2D | 3D | web | video
                      jiri.matys@gmail.com
                      ---------------------------
                      https://gumroad.com/jirimatys
                      https://www.artstation.com/jiri_matys
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAv...Rq9X_wxwPX-0tg
                      https://www.instagram.com/jiri.matys_cgi/
                      https://www.behance.net/Jiri_Matys
                      https://cz.linkedin.com/in/jiří-matys-195a41a0

Comment

It's fine The final builds should be done toward the end of the week.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiri.Matys View Post
                          So How is it going with vray for max 2017 version?
                          Maybe scroll a few posts back and read

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                          We are just branching off the builds today, so it will be maybe a week more or so.

We can get you a build sooner than that if you need it - just email us to support@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          A.

---------------------
                          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

As far as I'm aware the license only supports 3 revisions of Max at a time. We will still want to use 2014 so we have to request a separate license or something to allow us to have 2014 working again along side 2017. That's what Eddie Perlberg said when he came in to chat with us. Anyway won't be in a rush to install the new license file as 2014 is the main version for us still.
                            Adam Trowers

Comment

Originally posted by wyszolmirski View Post
                              Wonder if now, with subscription based system they could drop this every year release and add new things through extension packs only, hopefully not breaking existing plugins. But that would probably mean locking down a lot of core functionality.
                              They do this in Maya.

We didn't get 2017 this year but instead 2016 EXT2 which was a new core essentially and all plugins had to be recompiled. Not sure why they didn't treat it as 2017
                              Maya 2020/2022
                              Win 10x64
                              Vray 5

Comment

Any news on Vray3/2017 availability ?

Comment

Working...
                                X