3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy direct3d did not crash.....

I think it's my quadro k2000m & k2000D cards I have on a laptop and a workstation.... I just tried in on a render slave that has some crappy regular old video car in it.....It did not crash immediately...It let me pan around a bit and then bit it

I have been working through this with the very helpful Alfred DeFlaminis on this http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-ma...595533#M123536

sucks to pay for it and not be able to use it...
    Sean MacNintch

Comment

• Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
      Legacy direct3d did not crash.....

I think it's my quadro k2000m & k2000D cards I have on a laptop and a workstation.... I just tried in on a render slave that has some crappy regular old video car in it.....It did not crash immediately...It let me pan around a bit and then bit it

I have been working through this with the very helpful Alfred DeFlaminis on this http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-ma...595533#M123536

sucks to pay for it and not be able to use it...
      I saw the thread.
      It seems your case is a little bit different than many others.

So.. did it crash with Nitrous Software and OpenGL?
      Nitrous Software simply doesn't use any GPU.

Comment

• Nitrous software = crash
        OpenGL works but is awful to work with
        Sean MacNintch

Comment

• Still on 2016 here. I've been using 2017 just in some rare cases where I needed to unwrap some models as the UV editor is a lot better there. Otherwise, I'm really afraid to run any commercial project through that thing.
          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• If you haven't read my post, Walls&Tiles, under WIN10 and MAX 2017 does not work. You don't need to be using it in the scene; just installed messes up graphics.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Bobby! I feel like fool as I read your post ages ago. I thought I only installed Walls & Tiles on 2016! uninstalled it and it's working for now...So you don't use any VP stuff anymore?
              Sean MacNintch

Comment

• Oh.. so... is everything OK?
                If so, it is glad to hear that you find the solution!

Comment

• so far so good!
                  Sean MacNintch

Comment

• I haven't heard anything about it for awhile. I think the developers should email all their user. It screwed me up for months.

Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
                    Bobby! I feel like fool as I read your post ages ago. I thought I only installed Walls & Tiles on 2016! uninstalled it and it's working for now...So you don't use any VP stuff anymore?
                    Last edited by glorybound; 28-11-2016, 02:59 PM.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com
                    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• I wanted to thank the users in this thread for your kind words. I know I don't solve every problem, but I do want to and I log the ones I can't solve. Bobby, Alexnode, Bertrand, and Sean have been very patient while I tried to narrow down their issues and I thank them very much for that. I wouldn't have been able to do all this without the patience of the people having issues and I am really grateful for the opportunity to help both Max users and to log issues so that Max is everything we want it to be. The support from Autodesk internally has been overwhelming and I've never been treated so well at a workplace in my life. They are paying close attention to the forums and the overall change in the vibe at The Area, let me tell you. I will use the positive energy to do what I can for you all and log issues that need fixing so we can all go on creating. Thank you all, again.

And most of all, thank you Vlado and the Chaosgroup team for providing me with my current model for technical support. You have my business and respect for life.

Best Regards,
                      AJ

Comment

• There are multiple bugs still. I love the features and yes the viewports are faster and it scales up for 4K ... and i love the new buttons, and blended maps. But we worked 2 days for free to compensate for the delays because of the crashes. So for me 2017 is still in Beta. No DX9 was as bad even more unstable than DX11. I really don't get that DX11 is extremely stable in max 2016. Tried with titan x - titan and a quadro K4000. There were some issues with snapping in sub-object mode, random viewport crashes etc ... I am doing archviz with vray... it might be ok for other uses. I will try again when the next update is out with a clean install.
                        ----------------------------------------------------
                        164 core mini rendering farm - RTX 3090
                        All with 128GB ram
                        Windows 11

3ds Max 2024 - vray - phoenix - forest pack

Comment

Working...
                        X