No announcement yet.

3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am at about 5 crashes today, since the update.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• I think it is mostly win 10 issue.
      Almost all report I saw was win10.
      Also new 10xx user seems having more problem.

I'm on win7 with 780Ti/960/560.
      All OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by lukx View Post
        do not install the .1 update ! I got this error and max stopped working: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...t/true#M125935
        Check ALL your plugin.ini file if u have any folder which doesn't exist.

If you have not install MR, you would not have MR folder.
        But, pluginSetting.ini in your ENU would have this entry.
        Delete any ini entry which doesn't exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          I am at about 5 crashes today, since the update.
          I've found the opposite, been using 2017.1 and it's wonderful
          Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• Originally posted by Raph4 View Post
            vray fully working with 2017.1

Edit: but I have not tested with new .1 feature...
            With this update, 3ds max still create dump file on exit, without reason
            Again, the exact opposite - no more dump files on exit
            Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• I uninstalled 2017 and i am back to 2016.

Max 2017 is unstable for me, difficult to debug but had 5 to 10 crashes a day. In 2016 i had 2 per week and they usually were me pressing one too many subdivisions.
              Windows 10 pro - vray 3.4 - and max 2017 sp3 +update 01 . Back to 2016.
              ----------------------------------------------------
              164 core mini rendering farm - RTX 3090
              All with 128GB ram
              Windows 11

3ds Max 2024 - vray - phoenix - forest pack

Comment

• FYI we've been having some graphics card weirdness in 2017, and it was fixed by doing the following:

One thing to try here is to delete your shader caches from within 3ds Max. You can find them here: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax \2017 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg" The file name is called: "maxFxoCache.dat". Make sure Max isn't running when you do this, and then fire Max back up after you've deleted the file.

This fix was suggested by Autodesk's new support guy on their forums, Alfred DeFlaminis. Unlike in previous years, he actually seems to care about solving problems people have been having!
                http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
                  FYI we've been having some graphics card weirdness in 2017, and it was fixed by doing the following:

One thing to try here is to delete your shader caches from within 3ds Max. You can find them here: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax \2017 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg" The file name is called: "maxFxoCache.dat". Make sure Max isn't running when you do this, and then fire Max back up after you've deleted the file.

This fix was suggested by Autodesk's new support guy on their forums, Alfred DeFlaminis. Unlike in previous years, he actually seems to care about solving problems people have been having!
                  Yes Alfred is really nice and tries to follow up. But i did this and loads more but i still had crashes. There should be one more patch soon i assume. But i can't have that many crashes and while 2017 looks cool visually it was unstable for me. I even tried different cards and drivers. I will give it a go when i have a 'slower project'
                  ----------------------------------------------------
                  164 core mini rendering farm - RTX 3090
                  All with 128GB ram
                  Windows 11

3ds Max 2024 - vray - phoenix - forest pack

Comment

• Originally posted by Ihno View Post
                    Also the Blended box map is interesting with its 6 input maps and projection lock.
                    I'm wondering if Chaos Group gave them the Triplanar map code...

The Blended Box Map looks like its designed by Neil Blevins
                    AD must have studied the soulburnscripts and Neil's workflows.
                    The max BlendedoxMap isn't based on the vray code, it's written from scratch. And I consulted on the plugin's design, but the real heroes are the designers and coders at autodesk that finally made this happen.

- Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveKW View Post
                      We aren't running 2017 at the moment, is it safe to say if you have VRay you might as well stick with TriPlanarTex?
                      The max 2017.1 BlendedBoxMap has tons of extra features that Triplanar does not. So I'd recommend upgrading personally. But I certainly thank vlado for writing the triplanar, it was a good stop gap, and plus, if one day it makes it into say the maya version of vray, you could potentially move your triplanar assets from max to maya and back, which I doubt you'll ever be able to do with the max BlendedBoxMap. But if you stay inside max, the new BBM is awesome and well worth upgrading.

- Neil

Comment

• Originally posted by soulburn3d View Post
                        ...the new BBM is awesome and well worth upgrading.
                        No doubt, Neil. I have wished for this sort of thing for years...can't wait to try it.

Well done,

-Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
                          FYI we've been having some graphics card weirdness in 2017, and it was fixed by doing the following:

Very interesting.. it is glad that they found a clue for some cases.

Comment

• For users who are having viewport issues.

Could you try this for trouble shooting?

1) Run this and see if it makes any change,
                            NitrousGraphicsManager.HardwareHitTestEnabled = false

2) Try NItrous DX9 mode(not lecacy directx)

3) Try performance preset from viewport menu.

Comment

• tried all three and crash every time....thanks for suggestions though
                              Sean MacNintch

Comment

• Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
                                tried all three and crash every time....thanks for suggestions though
                                So.. max crashed even with DX9.
                                Hmm...
                                Is there any mode that work for u? like legacy directx, opengl?

Comment

Working...
                                X