No announcement yet.

3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A large percentage of MAX 2017 issues were not there in 2016, so they broke many working things. I guess that's what happens when you fire senior people and replace them with lesser paid interns.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Another bug that is there since ages and still there in max 2017 SP3 despite being reported everywhere is the gamma issue with the viewport canvas. When you use display gamma 2.2, the viewport canvas sitwches to 1.0 when you are painting...

Please vote here for it to be corrected even though some think we should just submit it in the black box...
      http://3dsmaxfeedback.autodesk.com/f...-textures-does

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
      Little Antman
      See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
      Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

• Originally posted by Recon442 View Post
        Always running latest nVidia one. I have some other lot more complex scenes, where it is not slower, but in this one particular, it is. It may be for example that there are high poly meshes that are just one element, or something like that. Too many smoothing groups... I don't really know, and it's easier for me to just not use 2017 than to dig into it and find what's wrong.

EDIT: Actually, false alarm here. Surprisingly enough, it seems it is not Autodesk's mistake this time. I've measured GPU memory usage in that scene, which in 2017 fills all 4GB of my GPU memory, where as in 2016, it stays at around 2.8GB. The thing is that I am one of those who have fallen victim to nVidia's GTX970 3.5GB memory scam, so it's just my GPU dropping most of my performance due to that last 0.5GB being used in Max 2017. :/
        Glad to hear that you found the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          Yes, that is the problem. Toggling it on/off doesn't matter.
          May I get more information?
          I don't see that's happening here.

Are you in object mode or sub-object mode?
          Perspective view or orthographic view or one of preset view?
          Could you tun this line in Listener? and revert setting and see if that helps?
          NitrousGraphicsManager.HardwareHitTestEnabled
          If you run the above line, it will tell you true or false.
          Then if it says "false", then run
          NitrousGraphicsManager.HardwareHitTestEnabled = true

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
            A large percentage of MAX 2017 issues were not there in 2016, so they broke many working things. I guess that's what happens when you fire senior people and replace them with lesser paid interns.
            3dsMax 2017 utilize GPU a lot more than 2016 for mesh editing.
            That also means that 2017 is more sensitive to GPU and driver.
            That's probably why some problems are not happening for everyone.

To have a bug fix, dev need a reproduction step or some clue about when the problem is happening.
            The more bug report will help to solve problem.

Comment

• There is a problem with the selections currently. I can confirm this as I logged this issue myself.

Comment

• It's totally crazy... How can it be possible ?
                Hey AD ?? are you sure to be able to release a true stable and full version of 3ds max 2017 before the (certainly) next buggy 3ds max 2018 ?
                AD, the baddest dev' in the world ! i'm so angry and tired....
                (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

• About the difficult with the selection I've found that when selection system goes crazy I do a "select all" (CTRL+A) and the objects come back selectable.

It's not the best but, at the moment, it's the only quick way to workaround this problem.

EDIT: I'm speaking for the 2016 version

Comment

• 2017.1 coming
                    http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/the-3...x_2017_update1
                    But I don't understand if MAXtoA is integrated into max ? for free ? or it's light version similar as NVIDIA Iray

EDIT:
                    Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2017.1
                    Update 1 Readme
                    http://up.autodesk.com/2017/3DSMAX/3...Readme_enu.htm

Update 1 contains all previous Service Pack fixes for 3ds Max 2017.
                    Service Packs and EXT's will no longer exist moving forward and will be simply called Updates.

Same way from Adobe (2015 -> 2015.1 -> 2015.5... 2017, etc)
                    Last edited by Raph4; 16-11-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• What the heck is 2017.1? Is that a first?
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com
                      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• interesting...downloading.
                        no word about fixes in selections though :-/
                        Martin
                        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

• I think its like the Extension Packs we used to get.

Comment

• Looks like a very good update! Many fixes and the Data Channel modifier seems to be quite cool.
                            Also the Blended box map is interesting with its 6 input maps and projection lock.
                            I'm wondering if Chaos Group gave them the Triplanar map code...

The Blended Box Map looks like its designed by Neil Blevins
                            AD must have studied the soulburnscripts and Neil's workflows.
                            German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

• MaxtoA will be like the one in Maya... single workstation license...
                              http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/the-3...log/maxtoa-080

Comment

• Originally posted by Ihno View Post
                                Looks like a very good update! Many fixes and the Data Channel modifier seems to be quite cool.
                                Also the Blended box map is interesting with its 6 input maps and projection lock.
                                I'm wondering if Chaos Group gave them the Triplanar map code...

The Blended Box Map looks like its designed by Neil Blevins
                                AD must have studied the soulburnscripts and Neil's workflows.
                                Blended Box Map was designed very closely with Neil, an excellent community contribution to influence the design of the software.
                                Maxscript made easy....
                                davewortley.wordpress.com
                                Follow me here:
                                facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X