No announcement yet.

3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know V-Ray, Forest Pro, and RailClone are ready for 3DS MAX 2017. is there an active list of plug-ins that work with it?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      I know V-Ray, Forest Pro, and RailClone are ready for 3DS MAX 2017. is there an active list of plug-ins that work with it?
      http://maxplugins.de/max2017.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Companioncube View Post
        Awesome, thanks!
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Anyone else experience some odd crashes caused by UI with 3ds max 2017?
          For example if I open a fresh scene it will always work ok.
          If I open a scene made in 2016 and hit render - 3ds max will crash badly even without letting a chance for V-Ray to load.

If I delete the "2016 - 64bit" folder in "C:\Users\**USER**\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsM ax" then the scene will render just fine.
          But, if I make the slightest change, for example change custom UI to MAX.vray - ame.light...... once again the same crash.

anyone else??
          This is a signature.

Comment

• Hello,

I cannot reproduce it here. Can you save a scene with the 3ds Max 2016 that would crash the 2017 and attach it here or send it to alexander.kazandzhiev@chaosgroup.com? Which V-Ray version you are using on both of the 3ds Max?

Best regards,
            Alexander
            Alexander Kazandzhiev
            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

• Are you using SP2?

Comment

• I've not installed sp2 yet, but my max 2017 is saving files very slowly. I just got a new router tho, so i need to check that too.

It takes 5 mins to save a file that is under 100mb
                WerT
                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• Something sounds wrong there!
                  Does it save that slowly locally?
                  Chris Jackson
                  Shiftmedia
                  www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• I switched over to 2017 SP2 yesterday... no major WTFs yet...minus a registry error that would crash scenes created in 2016, but we seem to have fixed that.

Here is the fix....

Run Command Prompt (Admin)

Paste:

cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016"

regsvr32 /u MAXComponents.dll

regsvr32 MAXComponents.dll
                    Neal Biggs

3D Generalist | Freelance | Founder | Big5 Studio
                    http://big5studio.com/

3ds Max 2022 - V-Ray5 Update 2.2

Comment

• Another problem for us is you can't select objects anymore if your transform gizmo covers the object when you click to select it. This was possible in Max 2016 and older. Along with the Select by Material bug, this is another big restraint for us. We won't be transitioning until these are fixed.
                      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Hello everyone,

The best way to get your bugs fixed for max 2017 is to post your problems in The Area. I just recently began working at Autodesk (couple weeks) and it's my job to help people with technical problems and log/verify the bugs. I will do everything I can to help you. They hired me specifically to work on these sorts of things.

I see some people describing errors in this thread that I *know* I don't have a record of, I wish there was some way to get you to share those errors (and how they happen) on The Area. I could attempt to enter them in from what I've read here, but the Vray forums is no place for me to start asking questions about how they happen and how to replicate them. Developer and product managers want this info and I'm spending all day every day collecting it for them on the Area.

For what it's worth SP2 came out recently and fixes a lot of things. No, not the "select by material" bug, however if you don't use the scene explorer and go with the old list select (faster anyways, and better imho), then the problem won't affect you. Also, you can select through transform gizmos, you just have to click twice, with a small hesitation between clicks. Like how windows renames files. (Same exact method really.)

I'm not going to continue to post in this thread, but if you want the bugs fixed or need support, please use the Area Max forums. Thank you.

AJ

Comment

• roger that
                          Last edited by lukx; 02-08-2016, 12:08 AM.
                          Luke Szeflinski
                          :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

• Awesome, glad to hear that you can help with these issues. By the way, I always log bugs when I spot them. I use the official bug report page. What would you suggest, is it better to also along with logging we mention them on the Area forum? I would certainly do this if it helped speed up the process of fixing the bugs.

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
                            Hello everyone,

The best way to get your bugs fixed for max 2017 is to post your problems in The Area. I just recently began working at Autodesk (couple weeks) and it's my job to help people with technical problems and log/verify the bugs. I will do everything I can to help you. They hired me specifically to work on these sorts of things.

I'm not going to continue to post in this thread, but if you want the bugs fixed or need support, please use the Area Max forums. Thank you.

AJ
                            Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                            AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Originally posted by Nearl View Post
                              I switched over to 2017 SP2 yesterday... no major WTFs yet...minus a registry error that would crash scenes created in 2016, but we seem to have fixed that.

Here is the fix....

Run Command Prompt (Admin)

Paste:

cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016"

regsvr32 /u MAXComponents.dll

regsvr32 MAXComponents.dll
                              What do you use for render passes?

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                              Little Antman
                              See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                              Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

• Originally posted by Deflaminis View Post
                                Hello everyone,

I see some people describing errors in this thread that I *know* I don't have a record of, I wish there was some way to get you to share those errors (and how they happen) on The Area. I could attempt to enter them in from what I've read here, but the Vray forums is no place for me to start asking questions about how they happen and how to replicate them. Developer and product managers want this info and I'm spending all day every day collecting it for them on the Area.

For what it's worth SP2 came out recently and fixes a lot of things. No, not the "select by material" bug, however if you don't use the scene explorer and go with the old list select (faster anyways, and better imho), then the problem won't affect you. Also, you can select through transform gizmos, you just have to click twice, with a small hesitation between clicks. Like how windows renames files. (Same exact method really.)

AJ
                                The only problem is when the bugs are probably related to plugins we must contact each plugin developer first. I will try to go on the Area to see if I get answers about how to make the state sets work.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                                Little Antman
                                See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                                Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Working...
                                X