3dsmax 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
    Who's going to be the first person to use 3DS MAX 2017 on a live project? I don't know if I can take these small 2016 text boxes and icons much longer. I am actually using my iPhone to take a photo so I can zoom in. I know, it is pretty sad! Also, if things are still disappearing when you try to edit them, in 2017, I will throw in the towel.
    I already installed it with vray, grow fx and itoo plugs so next project I will do in 2017. But I'll be honest those new UI will take me some time to get used to.
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Is there a way to revert back to the old icons ? (I'm not sure I've got the will power to get through the learning curve at my age.....)
      I teach max once a semester at the School of visual Arts and they typically update the software. I don't really customize much of the interface as I like to see it as the kids do.

Are you serious, things still disappear?
      The constant in disappearing geometry for me has been when I add an edit poly on top of an extruded spline....basic crap. If I then go into sub-object mode the geometry disappears then I click blindly until I select the mesh. Over coffee I just tried drawing a box...adding edit poly or edit mesh and it does the same thing. Guess I will look into updating graphics driver

On a more positive note it seems (as well as V-Ray 3.4.01) a little bit zippier.....opening dialog boxes, etc.
      Sean MacNintch

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
        That's why I refrained from going 4K, but you could use the windows magnifier ( windows button + PLUS or MINUS )
        I knew there was a tool like that, I just didn't know the shortcut. Thanks!
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by pixelplume View Post
          Oh and it has crashed a few times but I save a lot..seems to crash when I had two instances of max opened up...doing simple stuff...was too busy to go down that rabbit hole...sent my error reports to adesk
          On my current project I crashed 6 times yesterday. Like you, I save a lot, and rarely loose more than 15 min. of work, however, 15 X 17 is almost a waisted 2 hours. I run a clean machine with only well known plugins, so I don't think that it's me. I do nothing on my machine other than MAX and PS.
          Last edited by glorybound; 05-06-2016, 09:30 AM.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I teach max once a semester at the School of visual Arts and they typically update the software. I don't really customize much of the interface as I like to see it as the kids do. The constant in disappearing geometry for me has been when I add an edit poly on top of an extruded spline....basic crap. If I then go into sub-object mode the geometry disappears then I click blindly until I select the mesh. Over coffee I just tried drawing a box...adding edit poly or edit mesh and it does the same thing. Guess I will look into updating graphics driver On a more positive note it seems (as well as V-Ray 3.4.01) a little bit zippier.....opening dialog boxes, etc.
            for me, if I go into edit mode on a poly, it's gone and I have to work blind. Simply not okay by anyone's standards.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Jesus, we are gonna update to 2016 soon as we never go for the latest build because of bugs, but this really makes me wana stay on 2014 :-/
              Stan

Comment

I teach max once a semester at the School of visual Arts and they typically update the software. I don't really customize much of the interface as I like to see it as the kids do.

The constant in disappearing geometry for me has been when I add an edit poly on top of an extruded spline....basic crap. If I then go into sub-object mode the geometry disappears then I click blindly until I select the mesh. Over coffee I just tried drawing a box...adding edit poly or edit mesh and it does the same thing. Guess I will look into updating graphics driver

On a more positive note it seems (as well as V-Ray 3.4.01) a little bit zippier.....opening dialog boxes, etc.
                sometime i got this problem too, when in sub-object mode cant see geometry, normally i just crtl+a select all, then can edit from there.
                www.archcg.my

Comment

Jesus, we are gonna update to 2016 soon as we never go for the latest build because of bugs, but this really makes me wana stay on 2014 :-/
                  I'm happy with 2016...2014 was pretty sweet though.....kinda like AutoCAD 14 if your old enough to remember
                  Sean MacNintch

Comment

One thing I've learned with Autodesk is that you can skip the odd version numbers. Go for the even ones
                    Nils Poetoehena
                    3D Visualiser
                    www.demanufacture.org
                    www.gielissen.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nils_p View Post
                      One thing I've learned with Autodesk is that you can skip the odd version numbers. Go for the even ones
                      ahaha good point, Nils
                      Nicolas Caplat
                      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

• do not uninstall max 2017.
                        My demo license ran out, i Uninstalled it properly, and it mightily messed up my dotNet: most apps wouldn't start, those i managed to fix (with deep, manual registry cleaning, uninstalling and reinstalling) still will error out and crash mid-session...
                        What's aggravating is that I must have uninstalled max 2017 at least six times during the beta phase, without issue.
                        I'm hoping having reset windows update and rerunning it will help, but if not, i'm facing an OS refresh...
                        Lele
                        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                        ----------------------
                        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Ok I got the first bug... created some geometry in max 2016 when opened it in 2017 it's all messed up (in 2016 it's still okay even after saving in 2017 into 2016)

if anyone wants to test it https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0pk7kyrce...oblem.max?dl=0
                          Luke Szeflinski
                          :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

• Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                            do not uninstall max 2017.
                            My demo license ran out, i Uninstalled it properly, and it mightily messed up my dotNet: most apps wouldn't start, those i managed to fix (with deep, manual registry cleaning, uninstalling and reinstalling) still will error out and crash mid-session...
                            What's aggravating is that I must have uninstalled max 2017 at least six times during the beta phase, without issue.
                            I'm hoping having reset windows update and rerunning it will help, but if not, i'm facing an OS refresh...
                            oh crap ... have you reported that to Autodesk ?
                            Which Windows version do you work on ?
                            Nicolas Caplat
                            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

• Win7, and no, i haven't.
                              Am on the beta of the next one, technically, but have little time (or inclination.) right now, to risk getting a company-type reply like the ones i found online.
                              When it's this deep-rooted (dotNet, system runtimes), it's always easier to go blame the user (what do you think they'd say to me editing my registry by hand? ).
                              Lele
                              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                              ----------------------
                              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                                do not uninstall max 2017.
                                Thanks for the heads up was just about to
                                A.

---------------------
                                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                                X