vray 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 3.5

little break from all the vray for revit vibe!
    thanks!

https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/3ds-max/roadmap

Hm, i'm really interested to know what does VrayScene node actually support. Does it go with lights too? If so that would be game changing.
    GPU improvements look really interesting too, since i've felt that that's the part where Vray lacked improvement the most.
    Online licensing it's a big step forward too, if within a few minutes we could simply buy a vray license, pay and get the license it would be amazing.

Also hopefully Vray's IPR will be at least as good as Corona, i'll be a bit dissapointed if it's not :P (by that i mean fast response, and full update on geo, lights, shaders, animation, etc.)

Comment

yep
      the corona ipr is one of the most amazing thing that i see.... even with full scene with 40 million poly of tree the feedback is in 1 sec

sometimes its feel like 4 titan gpu feedback

Comment

* Live VR Rendering
        YES!
        * Adaptive Lights
        YES!
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
          i'll be a bit dissapointed if it's not :P (by that i mean fast response, and full update on geo, lights, shaders, animation, etc.)
          Then skip the beta next week and wait for the official release in January The first 3.5 beta has a functional IPR, but it doesn't handle all change notifications yet. But you seem to be a happy Corona user anyway now, so why do you care?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Last edited by vlado; 18-11-2016, 11:26 AM.
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm sooo much looking for the resume rendering.

Finally we will be able to send out our animation a couple of times in the queue. Each pass would render for IE : 30 min and go to the next frame, our whole animation will just refine by increment of 30 minutes. We just take the frames where they are at the last moment and this way we will be able to push as much render as we can!

This is gonna change sooo much our workflow!
            Thanks!
            Stan

Comment

what about native glare and bloom for lights ? denoiser did not work with glare/bloom post porcessing ...

Comment

Originally posted by alex.nozadze View Post
                what about native glare and bloom for lights ? denoiser did not work with glare/bloom post porcessing ...
                Yes, this will work in the final; it's almost done anyways.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

what is mean native?
                  in ipr you mean? only when you press stop render as regular?

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    Then skip the beta next week and wait for the official release in January The first 3.5 beta has a functional IPR, but it doesn't handle all change notifications yet. But you seem to be a happy Corona user anyway now, so why do you care?

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Hehe, why so salty when someone talks about competition? I'm sure Vray's IPR will be the best you guys can make out of it, i'm just saying what most people think and expect (from those that i speak on a daily basis): For the IPR to be fully functional, and hopefully the need to look for other solutions for certain situations would dissappear. Because it accelerates the lookdev process by a huge factor, and for those projects with ridiculous deadlines it's a must to have that feature on our side. There's very few reasons to use Corona, but for a small percentage of our projects we have to do it. Do I want Vray to keep evolving and be the most feature rich renderer out there? Yes. Do I care? Of course, it's part of my job to do so. So that kind of answers coming from the main mastermind of Vray towards users is a bit "ehhhh".

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
                      I'm sure Vray's IPR will be the best you guys can make out of it
                      And I'm sure you will still find faults with...

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

I see no mention on the Shadow Catcher (a.k.a matte/shadow) and low priority mode on VrayRT GPU improvements. Are they still planned to be on this update?

-Eugenio

Comment

Stupid question, but why ipr is different or faster (if any) than RT? cheers
                          ps. a much appreciated and overlooked change is the bit depth export choice per element
                          www.yellimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Midiaeffects View Post
                            I see no mention on the Shadow Catcher (a.k.a matte/shadow) and low priority mode on VrayRT GPU improvements. Are they still planned to be on this update?
                            Yes, they are there. The roadmap doesn't mention everything.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by thanulee View Post
                              Stupid question, but why ipr is different or faster (if any) than RT? cheers
                              It gives you the exact same result as the production renderer. With RT, there might be some differences - f.e. procedural textures like Noise come out different. Also, IPR supports 3rd party texture maps like the Siger textures whereas V-Ray RT does not.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X