X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Awesome! Working on a few scenes right now I'd love to test the changes on.
      Cheers,
      Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
        The IPR feels a bit like the CPU strikes back!

While we await the ever promising GPU rendering it would be great if it could be at least complementary to an IPR workflow? Things like material preview or bloom/glare perhaps?
        As I understand it rewriting VRay for GPU equals rewriting the whole thing. Basically you would get 2 renderers for the price of one which would be really nice but nothing that can be expected in my opinion. I'm very happy to be using the CPU renderer for the time being. Complementary GPU features would be a nice addition though. Maybe this is a niche where VRay fits very good since the GPU renderer market is already dominated by others. Maybe VRay can become sort of a hybrid, getting the best from both worlds if that makes sense? I mean obviously that is what the optimal system usage would be, right? Use GPU and CPU together.
        Software:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
        3ds Max 2016 SP4
        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
        Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
          As I understand it rewriting VRay for GPU equals rewriting the whole thing. Basically you would get 2 renderers for the price of one which would be really nice but nothing that can be expected in my opinion.
          We already have two renderers - the regular V-Ray and V-Ray GPU. No need to add more

I'm very happy to be using the CPU renderer for the time being. Complementary GPU features would be a nice addition though. Maybe this is a niche where VRay fits very good since the GPU renderer market is already dominated by others. Maybe VRay can become sort of a hybrid, getting the best from both worlds if that makes sense? I mean obviously that is what the optimal system usage would be, right? Use GPU and CPU together.
          We are looking for ways to utilize GPUs more; the GPU denoiser is one aspect of it, the next service pack also accelerates the VFB lens effects in this way. There are other ways in which GPUs can be used during the actual rendering and it's something that we are researching.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

hope vray developer finally bring us the bloom and glare in render time in vray 4
            have hope for SP5 ... please Vlado , this be the coolest thing ..

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              We already have two renderers - the regular V-Ray and V-Ray GPU. No need to add more
              Yeah I see - what I rather meant is two fully developed ones. As I see it (correct me if I'm wrong, I only know this from basic research - didn't use the GPU one enough yet to be 100% sure about this) the GPU renderer lags behind compared to the CPU version AND to GPU competitors simply because it isn't the focus of development. At the moment I feel like when looking for a GPU renderer specifically I wouldn't go with VRay yet. But as I said, that's more of a feeling and I don't make that decision now or in the near future so I didn't research extensively.

We are looking for ways to utilize GPUs more; the GPU denoiser is one aspect of it, the next service pack also accelerates the VFB lens effects in this way. There are other ways in which GPUs can be used during the actual rendering and it's something that we are researching.
              That's good to hear! I am thrilled to see a fully hybrid VRay one day!
              Software:
              3ds Max 2016 SP4
              V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
              64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

You are, indeed, wrong. V-Ray GPU has a dedicated team of developers that is exclusively focused on it. It is progressing nicely and we are seeing more and more people using it for their projects. Every service pack so far has added more and more capabilities to the GPU renderer and SP5 is no exception.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Last edited by vlado; 22-11-2016, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. What may be my issue is that I'm used to all the features from CPU renderers and as customer I expect them all to work the same way, just using my GPU instead. Since as I understand it you have to code differently for GPU means that you basically have to program all those features again in a different kind of language? Anyways good to know that it has a dedicated team of developers. I am so spoiled by the way I can influence everything and make it work in an art-directable, also non-photorealistic fashion from the CPU version that I don't see myself switching over to GPU for quite some time. But maybe I will be suprised by the speed of you guys implementing all those CPU features on GPU . Out of curiosity: How about 3rd party plugins which are de facto standard like BerconNoise. Are you guys able to recompile that for GPU or how does it work if I would want this plugin to work in GPU as an example?
                  Last edited by Art48; 22-11-2016, 04:37 AM.
                  Software:
                  3ds Max 2016 SP4
                  V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                  64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Sorry to break the conversation... I am just wondering, is the plan for 3.5 public beta still on the table? Or will it go straight to the final release as usually?

Comment

Yes.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

See last question in the previous page.
                      Software:
                      3ds Max 2016 SP4
                      V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                      64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Hello,

I just register to 3.5 beta and download one licence of 3.5. But then I wonder if one licence is enough - I have two computers. Will I need two licenses for online registration or is it one license and only render node for second computer?
                        AMD TR 7980X, 256GB DDR5, GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, Win 10 Pro
                        ---------------------------
                        2D | 3D | web | video
                        jiri.matys@gmail.com
                        ---------------------------
                        https://gumroad.com/jirimatys
                        https://www.artstation.com/jiri_matys
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAv...Rq9X_wxwPX-0tg
                        https://www.instagram.com/jiri.matys_cgi/
                        https://www.behance.net/Jiri_Matys
                        https://cz.linkedin.com/in/jiří-matys-195a41a0

Comment

Originally posted by Jiri.Matys View Post
                          I just register to 3.5 beta and download one licence of 3.5. But then I wonder if one licence is enough - I have two computers. Will I need two licenses for online registration or is it one license and only render node for second computer?
                          You can request up to 5 beta online licenses. If you have issues, please email support@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Some great enhancements which will be of good use (especially resuming of renders).

And I nearly fell off my chair when I saw;

"Object picking in VFB"

which in RT is a fantastic step (thank you ).

Would that be possible to do for the VFB when using the Production Render ? (without resorting to some sort of mystic voodoo program code....).

Or is it simply impossible ?

Many thanks

(note, I didn't mention Corona once )
                            Last edited by JezUK; 22-11-2016, 09:57 AM.
                            Jez

------------------------------------
                            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Jip, like Tomasz already said in his blog post, adaptive lights are a LOT faster than probabilistic!
                              Had one where after 28 min it wasn't even halfway, but with 3.5 its done in 3 min!
                              WOW
                              Kind Regards,
                              Morne

Comment

Just got invitation for the beta. I'll be happy to test it out when I come across some free time.
                                Aleksandar Mitov
                                www.renarvisuals.com
                                office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                                AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
                                64GB DDR5
                                GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Working...
                                X