Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

workstation unusable while rendering - was much better in the past.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cough, cough. ><
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	1195515​It'd be nice to study what actually changed, and if the massive printouts in the listener have gone.
    EDIT: nothing at all to do with the above. Some thread stealing.

EDIT #2: the last scene we were passed over that claimed slowdowns with IPR both had some itoo plugin. We could not repro (like for the issue here.) the slowdowns locally, but perhaps it's worth chasing that .dlo and trying it out for those affected.
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 21-11-2023, 03:01 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

and now it is official: https://forum.itoosoft.com/announcem...ilclone-6-1-4/
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

So far this has solved the issue here!

Of course, honestly, iToo should be paying its loyal customers for the trouble, or at least gifting them free subscriptions or something.

Comment

And Lele was right...

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
            So far this has solved the issue here!

Of course, honestly, iToo should be paying its loyal customers for the trouble, or at least gifting them free subscriptions or something.
            The countless hours I lost on this is...literally days trying to figure out why and a couple of weeks in slow downs. My reward: I get to pay for the update because my maintenance fee ended months ago. No black friday deal on updates either. The good news I can stop being frustrated and start enjoying my work again. You win some, you lose some.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Having to pay to renew my license to fix the ussue is a bit of a kick in the balls. At least it's on sale rn.

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

The countless hours I lost on this is...literally days trying to figure out why and a couple of weeks in slow downs. My reward: I get to pay for the update because my maintenance fee ended months ago. No black friday deal on updates either. The good news I can stop being frustrated and start enjoying my work again. You win some, you lose some.
                Actually you just alerted me to the fact that I accidentally bought FP again each year instead of just renewing my license... Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post

Actually you just alerted me to the fact that I accidentally bought FP again each year instead of just renewing my license... Jesus.
                  Oh...damn. Maybe you can try and get a free license for a few years, you paid like twice the amount.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Since this update has come out I have to say windows/max/etc. is extremely sluggish while IPR is running. It's close to unusable.

Comment

Since this update has come out I have to say windows/max/etc. is extremely sluggish while IPR is running. It's close to unusable.
                      Closing my second instance of max helps the issue a bit...This is disappointing. Perhaps all is not well...yet.

Comment

Closing my second instance of max helps the issue a bit...This is disappointing. Perhaps all is not well...yet.
                        So you're saying IPR got more sluggish since you updated? Might want to report this to iToo as well.
                        A.

---------------------
                        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

So you're saying IPR got more sluggish since you updated? Might want to report this to iToo as well.
                          We'll see. I'll do some testing.

Comment

Well Itoo refuse to issue a refund. Pricks. They have said that a refund can be issued in the event of ' a serious technical problem and we can not give a solution', I would argue that this affinity bug is exactly this. I would urge you all to email Itoo and seek a refund on your previous purchases.
                            A conservative estimate of productivity loss for me over the last year this bug has existed puts my time loss between 2 and 4 whole working days. That's not insignificant.

edit: After some arguing, I was given a refund.
                            Last edited by Pixelcon; 23-11-2023, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Well Itoo refuse to issue a refund. Pricks. They have said that a refund can be issued in the event of ' a serious technical problem and we can not give a solution', I would argue that this affinity bug is exactly this. I would urge you all to email Itoo and seek a refund on your previous purchases.
                              A conservative estimate of productivity loss for me over the last year this bug has existed puts my time loss between 2 and 4 whole working days. That's not insignificant.

edit: After some arguing, I was given a refund.
                              I think this needs to be addressed publically, I think A LOT of people lost A LOT of time on this and I feel like they are sweeping it under the rug as complaints are very scattered. I have the impression that after the update my workstation is a lot snappier overall even when one Max is running. I didn't try IPR yet though as I tend to avoid it due to my big scenes.
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                              X