pale/dark DR buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ralphr View Post
    I had a similar problem recently and it turned out that there were different service packs installed on my workstation and the render nodes. That gave me bucket differences too. Could this be the case?.
    Don't think so. As far as I know everything is the same. Here's another project exhibiting the same problems:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	bucket ref problem buckets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	850300Click image for larger version

Name:	bucket ref problem reflection.jpg
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	850301Click image for larger version

Name:	bucket ref problem rgb.jpg
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	850302

Its just my local machine cocking things up. Any chance I could send this file to Chaosgroup to figure out what's happening?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
      Any chance I could send this file to Chaosgroup to figure out what's happening?
      Most certainly you can Email us to vray@chaosgroup.com to determine how best to send it.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Most certainly you can Email us to vray@chaosgroup.com to determine how best to send it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Just sent the email.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket

Comment

That's weird. Its almost as if your pc can't see the HDRI map, but the slaves can, which doesn't make sense. My guess would also be different service packs or vray builds.
          Also check that ALL machines have the decimal setup as a . (point) and not a , (comma)

In Windows 8 they decided to change the default to comma instead of point
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Probabely that´s not the problem you have but there is also one other thing that makes only your workstation render different.
            If you have an object with a modifier stack selected and any other modifier than the last one in this stack is selected, while show end result
            is turned "off" it will render different only on your machine. For example when you have a sphere with an uvw map, the sphere is selected
            but in the modifier stack the sphere below the uvw map is selected. It will render just on your machine without the uvw map while all the slaves
            render with the uvw modifier.

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
              Just sent the email.
              Hi Richard,

We have send you a reply via our ticket system with details about how to upload your files.
              Did you receive it?
              Maybe our mail has been lost.
              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
                Hi Richard,

We have send you a reply via our ticket system with details about how to upload your files.
                Did you receive it?
                Maybe our mail has been lost.
                Sorry about that. I did upload the files but then the problem went away. However, a short while later (that same day!), when working on the same scene, the problem re-surfaced. I was in the act of updating our ticket, but we have found it is happening more and more in pretty much all of our projects. I believe it is related to using solidrocks, but I can't be absolutely sure. I have since started using a different method for rendering which is far more manual - using LC and BF, and for the moment, the problems seem to have gone away.

When I have more time, I will try and follow this up, but my gut feeling at the moment is that Solidrocks is doing something weird that freaks out locally rendered buckets.
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket

Comment

I had exactly the same issue and it was because I installed 3dsmax 2014 sp3 on my render farm and forgot in one pc; installed it and voila´.
                  Surrealismo
                  https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

I have just one other node. My server and client render slightly different densities with DR.

I've spent an entire day trying to solve this. I've read about everything I can find on the web and everything here:

1. Both machines have the same versions of Max 2014 and V-Ray 3.0
                    2. All paths are UNC
                    3. All textures are rendered by both, just one is a tad lighter.
                    4. Both machines are Administrator and have access to the same mapped network drive with the same drive letter for both machines.
                    5. The anomaly shows even if I turn GI off. So it's not Light Cache.
                    6. I'm not pre-calculating anything.
                    7. I've stopped and restarted the Spawner.
                    8. The anomaly shows up in almost all main passes: Lighting, GI, Lighting, Reflection, Diffuse Filter,

I just can't solve it. Anyone else have any crazy things to try? I think I've tried them all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drproblem.jpg
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	851881
                    Attached Files
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD
                    -----------------------------------------
                    Autodesk Expert Elite Member

Comment

Same problem here, everything has been working fine for a good while but suddenly this has started happening again (have imported some objects and textures from an older model I made a couple of years ago, but have updated all paths etc.).

Comment

Yea, I'm not sure either. Maybe it's a bug in V3.
                        V-Ray 6.20.06, 3ds Max (3D Studio thru Max 2025), GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x CPU, Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4 Ram, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD

Comment

Turns out this is not a DR problem this time for me - it happens when rendering only on my local machine also, and seems to be coming from the Vray Dome Light with HDRI in the scene. have tried different HDRIs but same problem. Replaced Dome light with a Vray light plane and the problem doesn't occur. Also seems to be scene specific as other files are ok. Very odd!

Comment

Doesn't solve it for me. I removed the Dome light and HDRI that I too had and I still get a faint density difference. In fact, I removed all V-Ray lights and then added in a new Plane light. I still get the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DJH View Post
                              Turns out this is not a DR problem this time for me - it happens when rendering only on my local machine also, and seems to be coming from the Vray Dome Light with HDRI in the scene. have tried different HDRIs but same problem. Replaced Dome light with a Vray light plane and the problem doesn't occur. Also seems to be scene specific as other files are ok. Very odd!
                              Which is the V-Ray version that you are using? Is it 2.x ?
                              There is an issue with the Dome light sampling.

Originally posted by RobH22 View Post
                              Doesn't solve it for me. I removed the Dome light and HDRI that I too had and I still get a faint density difference. In fact, I removed all V-Ray lights and then added in a new Plane light. I still get the problem.
                              Make sure that you have installed exactly the same 3DS Max service pack on all machines.

Would it be possible to post or send us the scene file to our support mail to try to reproduce the issue in our environment?
                              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Tashko, I'm going to do a few more experiments and then I'll get back to you. I'm working on a project right now and I'm not having the issue. It appears to be intermittent. Last week I could not get it to go away but right now I'm not seeing it. Odd. Nothing has changed. Both machines have the same Max Service Pack.

Once it comes back I'll let you know. I'm also going to try to reproduce it. Before, I couldn't do that because it "always" happened. So, I was spending my time trying to stop it. Now that it's gone, I don't really want to make it come back, but I'm going to see if I can.

Thanks..

Comment

Working...
                                X