No announcement yet.

pale/dark DR buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we came to the conclusion that there is a bug in 3ds Max 2014 due to the automatic gamma feature. It generally means that randomly render nodes will load textures with different gamma. For the moment, using VRayHDRI seems to be the safest way to avoid the issue. I'm not sure if it is fixed in 3ds Max 2015.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The same thing with 3DS Max 2015. Using it, I managed to reproduce the gamma issue a few times.
      Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

so whats the conclusion here then? Also on MAX 2015 and latest official Vray build
        We have the same problems :-//
        All paths using UNC
        Checked ies lights too...
        and still were getting randomly lighter/darker buckets over DR

Any solutions guys ?
        Were under mega tight deadline so its rather urgent we find some solution to this
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

A workable solution for now is to load all bitmaps through the V-RayHDRI node. You can convert all materials very easy with the V-Ray Bitmap to VrayHDRI converter script.

Comment

thanks for the reply Tashko!
            is this going to be fixed in the upcoming Vray SP or is this our "beloved" Autodesk problem???
            Martin

Comment

As stated above I think its AD problem...
              CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Maybe one should make a sticky post to outline the solutions. there were so many threads about this problem recently.
                I recall several reason this problem can happen.

1. Missing assets
                2. Domelight
                3. Different service packs.
                4. 3dsmax Bitmap Loader.

Maybe some of these problems can be tracked back to the bitmap loader as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
                  thanks for the reply Tashko!
                  is this going to be fixed in the upcoming Vray SP or is this our "beloved" Autodesk problem???
                  The problems seems to be in the 3DS Max itself.
                  There is a the reply from Vlado about this issue - post #76

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  I think we came to the conclusion that there is a bug in 3ds Max 2014 due to the automatic gamma feature. It generally means that randomly render nodes will load textures with different gamma. For the moment, using VRayHDRI seems to be the safest way to avoid the issue. I'm not sure if it is fixed in 3ds Max 2015.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

unfortunatelly on one of our workstation this VRAYHDRI converter script is missing in the quad menu.
                    Any idea why? We had installed all the vray instances the same way.
                    Cheers
                    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
                      unfortunatelly on one of our workstation this VRAYHDRI converter script is missing in the quad menu.
                      Any idea why? We had installed all the vray instances the same way.
                      Cheers
                      Try to execute : registerVRayMenus() in 3ds Max Script Listener

Comment

cheers that helped!
                        Martin

Comment

Our problem was cause by different version of vray (2.4xxx vs 2.5).

Comment

Can anyone give me a "network rendering for dummies" of the correct steps to fix/check my maps? I didn't understand the last instructions. I don't know about the "V-Ray Bitmap to VrayHDRI converter script". I am getting the darker buckets on my slave machine as well. Can't fix it for many months. Quite desperate at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Darlene_O View Post
                              Can anyone give me a "network rendering for dummies" of the correct steps to fix/check my maps? I didn't understand the last instructions. I don't know about the "V-Ray Bitmap to VrayHDRI converter script". I am getting the darker buckets on my slave machine as well. Can't fix it for many months. Quite desperate at this point.
                              First make sure that all of the machines have identical software versions (V-Ray & Max)
                              Then you can use the following tips to troubleshoot the issue further:
                              *) Does it occur on a new simple scene?
                              *) Make sure that the slave machine has access to all assets.In V-Ray 3 you can use Transfer missing maps option. Which V-Ray version you are using?
                              *) Make sure that the Windows regional settings "Additional settings" "Decimal symbol" and "Digit grouping symbol" have same setup for all machines.
                              *) If you have any additional plugins on the workstation (for color corrections for an example), they should be also installed on the slaves.
                              *) Check where the difference comes from. You can try to add several render elements like GI, Lighting, Diffuse, Reflection.
                              *) Does it occur randomly or on every render with the current scene?

If you post some render examples to see the bucket difference will be helpful as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X