V-Ray 3.6 VFB hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slizer View Post
    We can't reproduce it here... so please, next time it hangs, create a dump file and send it over (right click on the 3dsmax.exe in the task manager and then "create dump file")
    The situation here haven't changed - we are still waiting for your dump files.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

The situation here haven't changed - we are still waiting for your dump files.
      I've sent my files to support and they told me that it didn't show something that might help them. They asked me if they could try a remote session and never answered me back. You're still saying that you cannot reproduce the issue but as far I have seen in this forum, there is a lot of people with the exact problem.

Comment

Yes this really need to be adressed

Comment

here's a screenshot of the rendering process with DR. Basically it will remain totally unresponsive until it finishes the render. The problem is, I can't see what's going on. I don't know if all the nodes are working at all and how much time is required to finish the render. I've tried to create a dump files but it says "writing file" indefinitely. Is there a nightly build we can try out to see if it's still happening?

Comment

It seems that the dump file doesn't have any useful data for chaos group support, so at the end I had a teamviewer session with them and after some test, it seems that setting the dynamic memory limit to 0 and checking low treat priority box helped. But after some other test (when the session on TM ended), I'm still having the same problem.
            I did an screen recording to show the issue, so here is the link to download it if someone want to check it https://we.tl/lfAa54HZNd
            Last edited by EL_CISNE_POST; 11-10-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

king_max That happens to me too. Only, in addition, my 3ds max viewports go grey. I have to restart 3ds max to get my view-ports back.

Comment

Is there a VRay3.5 for max2018 ?? This is driving us mad here really!!
                Last edited by KiboOst; 12-10-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                  Just want to inform you that we are looking into this issue very actively but since we can't replicate it here it takes more time to understand what's going on.
                  If the issue occurs very often into your environment please drop us an email at support@chaosgroup.com (with CC: svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com) to arrange remote meeting and see if we can spot what going on directly on your machine.
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I've just witnessed the same problem when rendering a rather complex scene without the use of DR. While rendering I switched off window to the web browser and couldn't get back to max/VFB until the render was finished. I will contact support and try to arrange a remote meeting next week since I need to deliver some work for Monday.

Comment

We have the same problem.
                      Is there a chance to solve the problem?

Comment

Yes, we are experimenting with several solutions and will release a hotfix as soon as possible.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nice, max2018 has all been nice for everyone here, apart this special case which is very annoying. Let me know if you need to test any dlo, file, nightlie etc to help.

Comment

Just an update on the matter. I wasn't able to coordinate a remote session with Chaosgroup yet (my fault), but I was provided with two V-ray builds. One with low thread priority, and one with idle thread priority. I did some tests, and can confirm that the problem is still very much present.

Comment

ok i am back again
                              the problem was gone for about 4 weeks
                              this morning it returned suddenly when i run a quick railcone test.

Now i tested an very small old scene with the Gargoyl figure ...
                              VFB builds up lightcache but after that it does not update VFB while progressive rendering ist on
                              at the end of rendering VFB refreshes ans shows final render!

when i switch to interctive rendering in VFB
                              it renders but VFB does not refresh when i move the object
                              i can not stop interactive rendering ... stop button does not react
                              BUT
                              when i minimize max and afterwards maximize max again
                              VFB is reacting again ... i can do a normal render

and so on ...
                              if i move part of the VFB out of the screen and in again this part of the VFB is updated !!!
                              if i hit "show colors in sRGB" while rendering the VFB is updated !!!

works all fine in max 2017 / Vray ... latest versions ... stable and nightly 20.10.2017

btw no problem with interactive rendering the same scene on the same machine in corona
                              so it must be related to VFB in 2018.3

dual Xeon 2670 - Win 10 latest - Max 2018.3. - Vray 3.60.03 - ForestPackPro - RailclonePro - ...
                              Last edited by tryharder; 22-10-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

No, actually it's not related to the VFB. Can you try enabling the "Low thread priority" option in the System tab and/or lowering the priority of the 3dsmax.exe process from the Task Manager to "Below normal"?

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                                X