This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A vray pattern map/material.

A map that lets you create, for example, a brick wall that's a combination of the max tiles map combined with multi material. I have vizpark omnitiles that is a more detailed, extensive tool, but sometimes it would be nice to have a quick standard tool to use for some basic elements without having to rely on external plugins (with all the possible bugs and 3dsmax nonsense each release creates).

Comment

Originally posted by dean_dmoo View Post
      VrayDisplacement with distance falloff setting.

I try to stay away from displacement as the scenes are nearly always to large to use (exterior archviz). I created a falloff map in my material but that only works for 3d displacement. Just being able to say that displacement will be zero at 25m from cam would be far easier. (Also for 2d displacement).
      In the mean time, you can use the falloff map in distance mode and make your displacement map gradually fade off to a flat colour that represents your "zero displacement" value - we use this on oceans where you'd get sparkly geo off in the distance so we fade from a phoenix map as a displace with normal sharp reflections into a zero displacement area but with a bump and glossy reflections to mimic the breakup.

Comment

A decent material preview.

I hardly look at the actual material preview in the material/slate editor as it seems pretty pointless. Having one that has decent lighting (adjustable from presets incl rotation) and a neutral/natural background (also from presets) would be nice. Even as a separate ipr window would be fine for me.
        Max allows for a custom scene to be used as preview, lighting and camera included (say dome with sun and sky, or whatever else).
        Unfortunately, it's broken to bits in the latest versions of Max.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Official Vray library.

A compact library with base materials and a couple of standard vray scenes (archviz, automotive, studio, ect).

Would be nice to somehow create a baseline that you can base everything on. I've created one based on a number of suppliers/tutorials (quixel, pgskies, early grant warwick, etc) but it always has a certain subjectivity.
          Unless the materials are truly good, I'd like to discourage this idea. Corona material library is not useful in my opinion.
          Guido.

Comment

One button to turn on/off VFB effects.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

VFB overlays for composition
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                Max allows for a custom scene to be used as preview, lighting and camera included (say dome with sun and sky, or whatever else).
                Unfortunately, it's broken to bits in the latest versions of Max.
                Corona has a nice ‘custom’ preview, although it’s not tweakable it is better than the default preview. Does this not work on the latest versions of Max? Even something like that would be great.

Comment

Fast way to preview LUTs in the VFB without having to load them one by one.

Comment

Additive dome light so we can use multiple at once.
                    That would enable us to paint out the sun for example and put it into another dome light which we could light select / tweak independently.
                    Even more useful when you use interior or studio hdr's with multiple lights/windows.
                    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post
                      Additive dome light so we can use multiple at once.
                      That would enable us to paint out the sun for example and put it into another dome light which we could light select / tweak independently.
                      Even more useful when you use interior or studio hdr's with multiple lights/windows.
                      Can't you just use a composite map?
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

VrayLightMTL listed in the Vraylight lister. (and a faster VrayLight lister, I have seen scripts that display the used lights in the scene way faster).
                        A.

---------------------
                        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

Can't you just use a composite map?
                          Yea for tweaking. But not for LightSelect.
                          Last edited by Ihno; 07-01-2019, 04:13 AM.
                          German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Make Vray Smart to use the needed Geometry samples / subdivs for Motion blur.
                            Same for VrayDirt and maybe for VrayEnvironmentFog .
                            Gil Guminski
                            cynaptek.com

Comment

Option for camera resolution (or ratio) per VrayPhysicalCamera.

Also

Unlock NEAR and FAR clipping from Camera clipping.
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Add in convex / concave controls into the vray curvature map so we can choose what values are rendered for either!

Comment

Working...
                                X