X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature ideas 4

...continuing from thread 3:

I invite you once again to share your thoughts and requests regarding potential new features in this discussion. Consider what is currently lacking in your workflow, hindering your progress, and think about how enhancements could facilitate a more effective visualization of your ideas.

Provide comprehensive details, including the specific feature you envision, its seamless integration into your workflow, and any current workarounds you employ due to its absence.

Additionally, I kindly request you to use the "like" system when you come across someone else's description of a feature you also desire. The more likes a suggestion receives, the greater influence it carries. If you have multiple proposals, kindly submit them in separate replies.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Hello Peter! Here I am again

I already posted this in the wishlist section and I believe it's on a list somewhere but perhaps it will get more visibility if it's here too.

VRayAerialPerspective/VrayEnvironmentFog Improvements
    - Min/Max settings for both range and height
    - Affect utility masks checkbox (or a checkbox in each other element that might say 'affected by atmospherics' or some type of 'effect groups' setup.

While I appreciate the inclusion of affect alpha very much, the current implementation of VrayAerialPerspective means I have to render twice if I am using this feature. Without a minimum distance setting I have to use PS to adjust the appearance which means rendering twice (once with the effect on and once with it off) and blending between the two. Additionally, the Z-Depth pass is affected VrayAerialPerspective meaning any post-processing using the z-depth pass means a second reder with the effect turned off.

This is really my biggest slowdown of all when it comes to Vray. It essentially doubles my rendertime on a significant portion of my projects.

James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Auto-Exposure exposure compensation

Again I think I have said this elesewhere but here goes: The auto-exposure is cool, but I think it really needs an exposure compensation feature probably in each camera's rollout.
      As someone who takes a lot of photos I can tell anyone that it's rare a camera suggests and auto-exposure that is actually what I agree with. I would say for me, auto-exposure is a fantastic idea but is functionally unusable without this feature.

Comment

Render masks only (a la Corona)

​As it says, only render utility elements sort of like how Corona can. This is doable in Vray currently but requires quite a lot of extra steps.

Comment

VFB Improvements:

- Ability to drag multiple folders. We have the possiblity to drag multiple layers, but the folders have been forgotten.
          - Is it possible that if we make changes to an open vrimg in the VFB, and we load another one from the history or whatnot, but we forgot to save the layers or the vrimg, to get a popup that we forgot to save changes, and if we would like to save them?
          - Would be nice that the name of the camera or view we are rendering / rendered ( so also opened vrimg) is in the title bar of the VFB: Like V-Ray Frame Buffer - Camera_001
          - Copy / Paste layer masks
          - Possibility to drag a vrimg into the VFB to open it
          - FIX chromattic aberration, it needs to be able to be a lot less strong.
          - Why can we only have one sharpen/blur or lens effect layer? It's a bit weird as we can mask them, so would be nice if we would create multiple layers with different masks.
          - Multi region select rendering: ability to draw multiple regions and render those, exactly like corona.
          - Standalone VFB!!! Corona has it. V-Ray can also have it as I actually use it with the "hack" of loading an empty vray scene in vray.exe, but would be nice if it's officialy supported.
          - The temperature input of White balance acts weird (the numbers); I can only input 4 numbers maximum, then 3 0's are added to the end. But I can slide to a very specific number with the slider.
          - If the decimal seperator of Windows is set to a . (dot) instead of a (,) comma. Then I can't, for instance, type: .3 instead of 0.3. The input doesn't take it. But it works if you try with the negative of that number like -.3 will work instead of -0.3.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Ability to use VrayDecal as a scatter element with ChaosScatter, and or ForestPack and RailClone. (like CoronaDecal works with ChaosScatter)
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

VrayBitmapConverter only convert selected objects. Most of the time I just need a specific object to have its bitmaps converted. I don't want to do the whole scene.

Also when it's converted all the display in viewport maps are messed up (disabled). Can this information not be retained?
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

A better scene converter like: V-RayMax Converter PRO | ScriptSpot​ Would be nice if this would be part of V-Ray, making the ACEScg workflow more accessible too.
                Last edited by Vizioen; 08-03-2024, 01:07 PM.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Improved sampling of areas affected by AerialPerspective. Right now once we add aerial perspective it's really hard to have good sampling of the "fog" without overkilling the rest of the scene.

Improved animation options in ChaosScatter. It's pretty non-existent as is.

Re-writing or improvement of .vrmesh format. It's super slow to export, super slow to import, it's buggy all the time, specially when it has animations and rendering on the farm (voxelation errors, etc).

Speed-up of VrayProxy. It has a lot of useful features, but it's slow as hell. Import an animation via standard alembic, and via VrayProxy, it's like a 10x difference in performance.

Sampling improvements to Depth of field and Motion Blur. We would love for it to be faster if possible. Take a look at lentil.xyz for example, looks amazing and i would love to have something similar in Vray.

Vray color picker but everywhere, instead of just VFB.

VrayColorCorrect similar to CoronaColorCorrect

VrayTonemap similar to CoronaTonemapControl. It would be amazing to have a node so we could ignore any tonemapping, luts, etc.

VrayVolumeMaterial similar to CoronaVolumeMaterial. Current volume workflow in Vray seems very outdated. In corona it's way more straightforward, specially for environment work.

VrayFrontBack similar to CoronaFrontBack. Yes i know there's an OSL, but having it natively would be awesome.

Displacement controls in materials. For example, we have a complex character coming from Houdini via VrayProxy. Having to deal with displacement is a pain in the ass. If we had displacement controls in the materials we could only work where necessary without affecting the entire mesh.

Comment

You can add a brush tool to the mask of the VFB layer, so that you can draw gradient transition masks anywhere. You can also add a pen tool similar to Photoshop to draw masks, making post production easier

Comment

Scale Background Layer in VFB - right now you can onlu stretch, fit or fill, but some images dont adjust correctly to these options

Blending on Background layer in VFB - as I recall Background layer had this option before, that was very useful in some cases
                      Last edited by ChuckRT; 29-03-2024, 10:37 AM.
                      Carlos Rodriguez
                      RTstudio
                      Tutorials

Comment

Lightmix and Composite mode in VFB to be merged. - Maybe its just me but i find the current workflow open to user errors, mistake etc due to being able to have one version in lightmix and an older version in the composite.
                        e: info@adriandenne.com
                        w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Faster release of RAM after rendering intensive things (displacement, scatterers,...). I have the impression that when a render is cancelled or completed, Corona releases 3ds max a lot faster than V-Ray. There have been numerous threads about the slow release after rendering. Optimizing the render algorithm is one thing to speed up rendering but we lose a lot of precious time with RAM release.
                          Last edited by Vizioen; 11-03-2024, 04:31 AM.
                          A.

---------------------
                          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Vignette effect (Darkening the corner) in VFB
                            Merge LightMix and Composite Mode
                            VRaySelect Bitmap (like CoronaSelect)
                            VFB can read Object and Material Mask in .exr exported by Chaos Vantage
                            Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
                            Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
                            e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

a VrayBorderTex that works as VrayEdgesTex but only draws the "border"-edges. So no internal edges.

I imagine this would mainly be used for diffuse stuff. Not round corners/bump.

Screenspace (px) and World Units options for line width sizes. And a mapslot for line width multiplying.

/Andreas

Comment

Working...
                              X