Nuke 6.3 Deep Pixel support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Vlado
    Thank you very much for your clarification - It indeed makes sense. Not to mention it would be computationally very expensive to continue the rays etc.
    I tried playing with the vrayOptionRE without success - I'm guessing the problem isn't actually specific to vray

I took some time to think about it today and I think i may have a solution, tho i need to try it:
    I thought about Pixar's "blue umbrella" use of the Bokeh plugin and how nice the out_of_focus objects look.
    my guess is that they basically split their renders in chunks, (at least Foreground/midground/background) then deep_combine them and apply the DOF on top of the resulting deep image.
    I'm guessing that way they have the extra information behind the super-blurred object and they get a clean DOF.

In the end, it is very similar to the oldschool method (splitting the image), but i guess the DOF will be cleaner - and probably doesn't need as much chunking, since it only fails in very extreme focus differences.

I'll try it asap and let you know
    Cheers,

Comment

Working...
    X