Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
    Thats true. Dont know what happens when loading 2.79 scenes with dupliframes to Blender 2.8x

Have you tried copy/paste from 2.8 to 2.79 ?
    Yes I know this method, hovewer blender 2.8 is way better optimized than 2.79 and I do not want to keep on my drive many versions of one file. Blender 2.8 was released in 2018, currently is 2020 my rtx cards even don't work in 2.79.

Comment

• vlado svetlozar.draganov
      Come on guys!
      You have here people begging for your great peace of software!
      I know we aren't big companies!
      But the frelance market will go HUGE with all this coronavirus crisis! Huge!
      And you have the software we all freelancers need!
      Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

• We are working on guys, despite the Covid-19 situations. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some news in the upcoming weeks
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

• Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
          We are working on guys, despite the Covid-19 situations. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some news in the upcoming weeks
          great news thanks a lot
          Intel® Core™ i5 -7600K Processor ..16GB composed of 2- 8192MB DDR4 ....NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 PCI Express 8 gb

Comment

We are working on guys, despite the Covid-19 situations. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some news in the upcoming weeks
            Great!!!

We'll wait!
            Thanks a lot.

Comment

Nice to hear that, thanks!
              I hope you're all well!
              architect at oona

Comment

• Looking forward to the first build we can try out. Thanks for the update!
                Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Hello guys,

A few updates regarding the progress of V-Ray for Blender Project:

First, we are currently working on Blender version 2.8.3 - so most likely this will be the version that V-Ray for Blender will support once released.
                  This may change but it is unlikely since Blender devs very often do a major change that breaks our integration and there is no quick way for us to follow those changes.

What we have done so far
                  • Geometry support - this was partially done in my last progress update, now it's complete and working well.
                  • Lights support - all lights except the Dome light are fully supported. Dome light needs a bit more work, hopefully, it will be ready by the next update.
                  • GUI integration - this has been basically rewritten from scratch as many other things. Most of the work here is completed, there are a few minor polishments to be done.
                  • Materials support - most of the V-Ray Materials are already supported, there are a few exceptions which needs a bit more work.
                  • Support for Blender new View Layers and Collections - I'm not sure if those will be visible by the end-user but this is a major change in the way Blender operates under the hood now and we have to do lots of changes to match this new workflow.
                  • Support for Python 3.7 - Blender 2.8 comes with a new version of Python which introduces lots of changes, so we needed to update V-Ray to support this Python version as Blender.

What we are currently working on:
                  • Polishing/Finalizing Materials and GUI
                  • Fixing bugs, crashes, memory leaks - many of those occurred along the way. We already resolved lots of them but we have to minimize them to the minimum.
                  • Stabilizing the current version and releasing a build.

I don't have any screenshots to post now, but hopefully, I'll be able to show some visuals soon.

Thanks for your support and patience guys - we know it's been long waiting and we do our best to finally release V-Ray for Blender 2.8.

Stay healthy,
                  Svetlozar Draganov
                  Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 28-05-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the update svetlozar!
                    This sounds great! Is there a plan for a open beta? Or do we need a „old“ licence for this?

thanks phil
                    Greets Phil
                    -----------------------
                    WS
                    DUAL E5-2683 V3 28c/56t @2,6Ghz
                    64GB Ram
                    ASUS ROG STRIX OC 1080ti
                    PALIT SUPER JETSTREAM 780ti

Node
                    I7 2600K @4,40GHZ,
                    32GB RAM

Comment

• Great news again ! I'm also interested about to try it out with all those limitations and bugs. Is it supporting both V-Ray 3.x and V-Ray Next like previous V-Ray for Blender build did ?.
                      Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

• Best news this month! Thanks a lot of this update, svetlozar.draganov , it's really appreciated. I'm following the development of Vray for Blender closely.
                        Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                        AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

• Great news ! thanks a lot for all your efforts.
                          can't wait to see more
                          (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

• Great news svetlozar.draganov

Will there be a Linux version?

Comment

• Originally posted by hubmer3 View Post
                              This sounds great! Is there a plan for a open beta? Or do we need a „old“ licence for this?
                              Currently, I don't have information on whether we will have a beta testing period or not. I'll get back to you when I know more on the subject.
                              V-Ray for Blender is a free product so if there is a beta program it should be available for everybody, not just for license owners. I'll check and confirm if that's true or false!

Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
                              I'm also interested about to try it out with all those limitations and bugs. Is it supporting both V-Ray 3.x and V-Ray Next like previous V-Ray for Blender build did ?.
                              The product is not stable enough to be released publicly. As soon as we have a more stable build, suitable for beta-testing we will let you know.
                              V-Ray for Blender usually works with any version if Standalone but of course the compatibility will be best with the latest V-Ray Standalone. I'm not sure if this is what you asked for, so if it's not please provide more details on the subject.

Originally posted by rikou View Post
                              Great news ! thanks a lot for all your efforts.
                              can't wait to see more
                              Hopefully, we will show more exciting stuff soon.

Comment

V-Ray for Blender usually works with any version if Standalone but of course the compatibility will be best with the latest V-Ray Standalone.
                                That was it, thank you.
                                Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
                                X