Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• svetlozar.draganov

Any update or new screenshots to tease us?

And if you still would like to get in touch with blender developers, maybe Dalai Felinto could help.
    His e-mail and blender.chat are in the link below:
    https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Userfelinto

architect at oona

Comment

• In quarantine i dream vray for blender 2.8 every night, is my obession, if i had to choose between sex and vray for blender 2.8, i would choose vray for blender 2.8

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoz View Post
        In quarantine i dream vray for blender 2.8 every night, is my obession, if i had to choose between sex and vray for blender 2.8, i would choose vray for blender 2.8
        ajaja

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoz View Post
          In quarantine i dream vray for blender 2.8 every night, is my obession, if i had to choose between sex and vray for blender 2.8, i would choose vray for blender 2.8
          lol The developers can't say no to a comment like this Come on svetlozar.draganov
          Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

• Just switched over to Blender from Max and have say I'm a bit disappointed in the delay for 2.8 version. Is there a realistic ETA at this point?
            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daf57 View Post
              Just switched over to Blender from Max and have say I'm a bit disappointed in the delay for 2.8 version. Is there a realistic ETA at this point?
              Thanks!
              Me neither! Tried another renders - Octane, Cycles, Luxrender. Miss the most Corona and V-ray. Cycles is quite fast on RTX, but it lacks some quality. Can we ask for some nighties? Then we can check what isn't working in new builds.

Comment

• waiting too very hard for some release, blender with vray = would be a blast. e-cycles is currently very fast but i can't reach the quality i want.....now there is time to develope some new workflows and skills it would be nice if we can get our hands on early
                Greets Phil
                -----------------------
                WS
                DUAL E5-2683 V3 28c/56t @2,6Ghz
                64GB Ram
                ASUS ROG STRIX OC 1080ti
                PALIT SUPER JETSTREAM 780ti

Node
                I7 2600K @4,40GHZ,
                32GB RAM

Comment

• Just want to chime in here. A couple of month I have started doing some freelance work next to my main job and for licensing reason and not wanting to pay for personal license for 3ds max I made the jump to blender for my freelance work.
                  While the transition for the modeling part wasn't as painful as I thought it would be on the rendering side of things I ran into some stops and frustrations. Yes there are a lot of examples online of cycles being a really impressive engine especially considering the price tag but there are some very notable things missing. Things that I have come to rely on since I started working with vray years ago and things I definitely don't want to miss for my freelance work.

So like other people in this thread I am checking in on a regular basis to see if there are any new developments for a working vray version for Blender 2.8. As impatiently as I am waiting for new information and maybe getting my hands on a beta version at some point I know and hope that you guys want to release a solid product for the people with the kind of quality we're used to from ChaosGroup.

With how flexible Blender is it would definitely awesome to see if vray can make use of that all the different viewport modes. I really have come to enjoy Eevee quite a bit in terms of getting a general feel for the shaders that I am working and it giving almost 1 to 1 results (minus obvious exceptions) when switching over to cycles.
                  I am not a tech guy or coder so I don't know if vray materials and lights in the end could be supported to be displayed similarly in Eevee like they would be when using vray.

Of course there is always vray ipr but there is a certain flexibility to the real time aspect of EVEE. But yeah this is just me thinking out loud and I'd understand if it this is not possible.

Nonetheless thank you for your hard work and hopefully new information soon.
                  Last edited by Mokiki; 01-05-2020, 04:01 AM.
                  Cheers,
                  Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• So there is incoming V-ray in version 5.0 for 3dsmax users, and we can't even use V-ray next in Blender 2.8. I am little disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post
                      So there is incoming V-ray in version 5.0 for 3dsmax users, and we can't even use V-ray next in Blender 2.8. I am little disappointed.
                      Don't worry, I think V-Ray for Blender 2.8 will be available by the time V-Ray 6.0 comes out.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post

Don't worry, I think V-Ray for Blender 2.8 will be available by the time V-Ray 6.0 comes out.
                        years waiting for a real integration!

Comment

• It's really sad but don't you think it may be time to draw conclusions ?
                          (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

• I have no roplem to wait, V-Ray for Blender 2.79 works fine, both Vray 3.x and Vray Next.
                            Ofcourse I will hope also that sooner than later so I can update my addons for Blender 2.8
                            Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

• Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
                              I have no roplem to wait, V-Ray for Blender 2.79 works fine, both Vray 3.x and Vray Next.
                              Ofcourse I will hope also that sooner than later so I can update my addons for Blender 2.8
                              Problem begins when you are using more than one render engine and already have a lot of assets which aren't compatible with blender before 2.8

Comment

• Thats true. Dont know what happens when loading 2.79 scenes with dupliframes to Blender 2.8x
                                Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post
                                Problem begins when you are using more than one render engine and already have a lot of assets which aren't compatible with blender before 2.8
                                Have you tried copy/paste from 2.8 to 2.79 ?
                                Last edited by JuhaW; 05-05-2020, 05:29 AM.
                                Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
                                X