No announcement yet.

Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They told before that they already have everything done and just wait to show us,. but now looks like they only will start do do changes so i think it will be no sooner as Next year, maybe. I just hope i push them to release updates 1,2 for vray next before license has not expired after that they will just ignore us. I kept an eye on it almost for 2 years when things get hot they come here say everything will be soon and then silence for months and the story repeated for me it looks like another hope-trap.

Comment

what is the progress of the upgrade work?

Comment

Originally posted by eosek View Post
        what is the progress of the upgrade work?
        you can look at github https://github.com/ChaosGroup/blende...r_blender/vb40 but there is nothing happening

Comment

Yes, that's unfortunately true.

Comment

promised is debt.
            end of the month

Comment

Originally posted by PablonchoWorks View Post
              promised is debt.
              end of the month
              ...but as Donald Duck said, as I do not pay my debts I do not even keep my promises...

Comment

Originally posted by marcoz View Post

...but as Donald Duck said, as I do not pay my debts I do not even keep my promises...

jeje .

Comment

"Th-Th-The, Th-Th-The, Th-Th... That's all, folks!"

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    We will be working on updating the sources later this month.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Blender, blender, blender, blender, blen.. september october, november? 2.8?
                    vlado

Comment

Comment

Bulgarian version of batman....

Comment

ajajajajajajj!

Comment

Here is an answer after a week on my question why no updates for vray next last 8 month - "Currently, in the latest nightly builds of V-Ray for Blender, there are some supported features of V-Ray Next. For example, features like Adaptive dome, Metalness and the new Hair shader(Hair 4). " - thanks nice upgrade for 270$
                            "We have also plans for implementing V-Ray in Blander 2.8 by the end of the year, but we cannot confirm an exact date on this one and when it will be done."
                            This one is really funny - "Could you tell us which features you would like to see also in V-Ray for Blender?"
                            Bravo.

Comment

Thank you very much for the feedback - and please accept our sincere apology we haven't yet released V-Ray Next for Blender.
                              Although we haven't committed any official release date, from the provided feedback and from the way it is represented we understand that we cannot meet your expectation which I admit is terribly wrong.
                              I will escalate your request to the responsible colleagues in Chaos Group and will cooperate to put more efforts in the development of V-Ray for Blender.

I would like to clarify the reason why we asked you the question "Could you tell us which features you would like to see also in V-Ray for Blender?".
                              We asked this question just to check whether we can deliver those features faster for you, even before releasing V-Ray Next for Blender officially. We know that this is not the same thing as a complete upgrade but we though it might be a good option to have - if that's not the case please excuse us for the incompetence.

And one more thing I would like to share as a employee of the company that consider the customer as the most important asset for its existence - our main goal is serve our clients in the best possible way.
                              We never underestimate the feedback from the customers, we never make jokes about anything. Our company goals are to listen, respect, understand customers and his expectations and not only to meet them but to even exceed them. It looks like we have failed with V-Ray for Blender, maybe we have some lessons to learn and we'll do our best to do that as soon as possible.

For everyone that would like to discuss anything about V-Ray for Blender - feel free to reach me at svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com or at +359 892 660 973, I'll do my best to help you as best as I can.

Regards,
                              Svetlozar Draganov
                              Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 26-09-2019, 10:03 AM.
                              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                                Thank you very much for the feedback - and please accept our sincere apology we haven't yet released V-Ray Next for Blender.
                                Although we haven't committed any official release date, from the provided feedback and from the way it is represented we understand that we cannot meet your expectation which I admit is terribly wrong.
                                I will escalate your request to the responsible colleagues in Chaos Group and will cooperate to put more efforts in the development of V-Ray for Blender.

I would like to clarify the reason why we asked you the question "Could you tell us which features you would like to see also in V-Ray for Blender?".
                                We asked this question just to check whether we can deliver those features faster for you, even before releasing V-Ray Next for Blender officially. We know that this is not the same thing as a complete upgrade but we though it might be a good option to have - if that's not the case please excuse us for the incompetence.

And one more thing I would like to share as a employee of the company that consider the customer as the most important asset for its existence - our main goal is serve our clients in the best possible way.
                                We never underestimate the feedback from the customers, we never make jokes about anything. Our company goals are to listen, respect, understand customers and his expectations and not only to meet them but to even exceed them. It looks like we have failed with V-Ray for Blender, maybe we have some lessons to learn and we'll do our best to do that as soon as possible.

For everyone that would like to discuss anything about V-Ray for Blender - feel free to reach me at svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com or at +359 892 660 973, I'll do my best to help you as best as I can.

Regards,
                                Svetlozar Draganov
                                I think it would take a bit of clarity and honesty, if chaos group does not intend to waste time with blender, he should admit it, so we would all invest our time and our money in another way.

Comment

Working...
                                X