Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnold For Blender is coming soon.

https://github.com/tyler-furby/Arnold-For-Blender

The CHAOS GROUP should seriously consider what development resources should be invested in.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Comment

They should remove the product from the page.
      Which is a real shame, I use it every day. I love vray.
      But 2.7 has no support from the foundation.
      It is outside the development and maintenance line.
      If chaosgroup wants to offer vray standalone with blender, it should be done with 2.8, otherwise, in my opinion, it is a scam, especially for 3dmax artists who wish to switch to blender and have no idea what happens here.

Comment

You have a point. At least they should use a warning text that this product is in raw stage alpha or something use it on your own risk, but not like end product.

Comment

That's a pity. I hope that CG come out with Vray for Blender 2.8 by the time I make the jump from 3ds Max as I don't think I'll be using it for much longer, haha.
          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by PablonchoWorks View Post
            If chaosgroup wants to offer vray standalone with blender, it should be done with 2.8, otherwise, in my opinion, it is a scam, especially for 3dmax artists who wish to switch to blender and have no idea what happens here.
            That's a good point - we are getting further behind with no V-Ray for Blender 2.8. Last build looks to be October 24th for Blender 2.79. Feels like a dying product, which is really sad. I mean, as long as V-Ray is around, there's always the possibility, but with the lack of development resources, that's the facts we have to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post

That's a good point - we are getting further behind with no V-Ray for Blender 2.8. Last build looks to be October 24th for Blender 2.79. Feels like a dying product, which is really sad. I mean, as long as V-Ray is around, there's always the possibility, but with the lack of development resources, that's the facts we have to go on.
              This is my fantasy:Autodesk said to CHAOS let die the vray blender project!

Comment

Not sure you need to be paranoid marcoz CG has limited developer resources, and so they stick Andrey on Houdini and leave this to languish. I don't think AD is pushing them. We can keep chirping, but it feels like Vlado doesn't see enough demand for V4B to warrant the resources. I'm sad about it, but I've moved on.

Comment

[...], but it feels like Vlado doesn't see enough demand for V4B to warrant the resources. I'm sad about it, but I've moved on.
                  I can not believe that !
                  Blender 2.8 is really great and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be so happy to use Vray with Blender ! Me first because like many people, I want to go away from Autodesk....
                  (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by Pbaroque18 View Post
                    +1

svetlozar.draganov I'm sure there are plenty of developers who would love to work on V-Ray on the blender site. Please Post!
                    It's not that easy actually. We are looking for a person who is willing to work in our main office, where everything happens. The work is very specific and it's impossible to be done remotely.

Originally posted by marcoz View Post
                    In summary: no one is working in vray for blender project,so could be that vray for blender 2.80 won't exit until 1 or 2 year or never.
                    As mentioned above we do not have any plans to abandon the project. We are in a difficult moment and we share that openly with everyone. We understand your impatience and feedback and we are working on to improve the situation.

Yup! That's what I got out of the "update." I know Andrey has been pulled off the project since a while ago. It's too bad, he has such a passion for it.
                    It's not bad at all. Andrey still has the same passion and he still does an amazing job.

Originally posted by kropaman View Post
                    I think they can go with blender 2.8 if there will be a payed plugin or build like other software have otherwise everyone will jump to blender immediately, such big company cant find a dev its like a captain of a cruise ship cant find a sailor
                    We appreciate a lot of customer feedback but it really hurts to see incorrect, non-confirmed information posted from the name of the Chaos Group. Would you please explain us in more details why do you think that Chaos Group will develop a new version of V-Ray for Blender only if it is paid plugin? Furthermore, do you know what are the requirements of a render engine developer and how rare is to find a person who meets even part of those requirements? We would love to share more information on this subject if you would like but assuming something which is incorrect and unconfirmed is just false gossip.

Originally posted by marcoz View Post
                    but, I repeat, this is not honest behavior, they would look much better when they say they have no intention of carrying on the project.

We are hones to the deepest possible level. We do not intend to abandon the project.

Originally posted by flat View Post
                    Arnold For Blender is coming soon.

https://github.com/tyler-furby/Arnold-For-Blender

The CHAOS GROUP should seriously consider what development resources should be invested in.
                    Thanks for the feedback and the inspiration.

Originally posted by PablonchoWorks View Post

The product is still available, why it should be removed from the page, simply because there is a newer version of Blender?
                    But 2.7 has no support from the foundation - Would you please be more specific about this?

It is outside the development and maintenance line - I would love to hear more about this as well.

Thanks for the pointer, we do not thing we develop scam products, but we do realize we need to update V-Ray to support Blender 2.8.

Originally posted by kropaman View Post
                    You have a point. At least they should use a warning text that this product is in raw stage alpha or something use it on your own risk, but not like end product.
                    That's very interesting. So all of you guys mention that you were using V-Ray for Blender 2.7 for years and you were very happy with it, and now it considered as "raw stage alpha" project not like end product.

Of course, everyone is free to do whatever works for him.

Not sure you need to be paranoid marcoz CG has limited developer resources, and so they stick Andrey on Houdini and leave this to languish. I don't think AD is pushing them. We can keep chirping, but it feels like Vlado doesn't see enough demand for V4B to warrant the resources. I'm sad about it, but I've moved on.
                    Another example of non confirmed information, and as such it just gossip.

Originally posted by rikou View Post
                    I can not believe that !
                    Blender 2.8 is really great and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be so happy to use Vray with Blender ! Me first because like many people, I want to go away from Autodesk....
                    Thanks for the feedback.
                    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

We are happy to share we found a full-time developer for V-Ray for Blender project. We are working very hard on making support for Blender 2.8.
                      There are a lot of challenges since there are a lot of changes between 2.7 and 2.8 which opens a lot of work but we are confided we'll do whatever needed.

Thanks for everybody who supports us in this difficult moment!

Best Regards,
                      Svetlozar Draganov
                      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

svetlozar.draganov Thank you for the patient and informative feedback. Hurrah! for the new developer you've added, that's great! One point I'd like to make - when I call 2.7 versions a dying product, it is very specifically because it never got developed to have real-time rendering. That is the absolute top priority for me with getting back into using V-Ray for Blender. It's not that 2.7 isn't a working product, it's just that it's yesterday's product and the world has moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by rikou View Post
                          I can not believe that !
                          Not from Blender mind you, 2.8 is phenomenal.

Comment

@svetlozar.draganov
                            Option with payed plugin is pretty obvious otherwise decent amount of customers will jump from maya or max etc (there are such people). Yes you need restriction on product- its not finished, im new here and i never said im happy with it - no ipr, lack of features that should be by default and those which are present are buggy, fix one thing broke other, waiting long time for fixing something (just look last report its over a month no one look at it), so if you start some big project there is a big chance you will not finish it because of that. For last two years i heard from boss and former devs from everything will be soon to almost ready (mostly IPR ) and so on i even bought version 4 just to support and hope for some changes, even though no support on it, but in the end we all here with false promises. Just imagine for one sec if something like this was happening in other software or other vray products. In the end i have to buy other render engine which is extremely fast developing and if you ask for some feature you can be sure it will be in next or next after release.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                              We are happy to share we found a full-time developer for V-Ray for Blender project. We are working very hard on making support for Blender 2.8.
                              There are a lot of challenges since there are a lot of changes between 2.7 and 2.8 which opens a lot of work but we are confided we'll do whatever needed.

Thanks for everybody who supports us in this difficult moment!

Best Regards,
                              Svetlozar Draganov
                              This is great!
                              We hope this will turn the situation from the dark to the light!

ChaosGroup , in the last years, had gained a credit of trust (by me) and I'm feeling positive.
                              And now.. good work!!!

Comment

Very good news ! Is it possible to tell who is this developer, maybe we know him already from Blender devs or Blenderartists.org forum ?
                                Some time ago I asked developer for it via Blender chat > blender coders section and gave email where to contact.
                                Last edited by JuhaW; 13-12-2019, 06:31 AM.
                                Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Working...
                                X