No announcement yet.

Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Andrey alias BDancer still working for CHAOS?
    Last edited by marcoz; 20-10-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

They all work but some on houdiny others on unreal so blender has been dropped out from this universe.

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaW View Post
        You might try blenderartists.org - jobs section. https://blenderartists.org/c/jobs
        Thanks. We'll consider that opportunity.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by marcoz View Post
          Is Andrey alias BDancer still working for CHAOS?
          Yes, he is.

Comment

Originally posted by kropaman View Post
            They all work but some on houdiny others on unreal so blender has been dropped out from this universe.
            Thank you very much for your very valuable feedback, not from this post only but from all in this forum thread.
            It's very important for us to know how our customers appreciate and support us, thank you very much for all the efforts.

Best Regards,
            Svetlozar

Comment

Thank you Svetlozar for chiming in, I hope you'll find a full time developer.
              I think Blender vray will be valuable for Chaos group. Maybe not so much directly in Blender vray sales but in other areas. The days where artist stick to one 3D app are disappearing. And supporting Blender can be the determining factor for choosing vray instead of redshift or Octane.
              That was the sole reason I chose octane for Houdini and not redshift or Vray. Even though both are better implemented in Houdini octane is the only one with Blender support too.

Just my thoughts, and I'll come back and give vray a go when it's released.
              www.nikand.com
              3D Freelance

Comment

Originally posted by nikand View Post
                Thank you Svetlozar for chiming in, I hope you'll find a full time developer.
                I think Blender vray will be valuable for Chaos group. Maybe not so much directly in Blender vray sales but in other areas. The days where artist stick to one 3D app are disappearing. And supporting Blender can be the determining factor for choosing vray instead of redshift or Octane.
                That was the sole reason I chose octane for Houdini and not redshift or Vray. Even though both are better implemented in Houdini octane is the only one with Blender support too.

Just my thoughts, and I'll come back and give vray a go when it's released.
                Thanks for the feedback. We are actually aware of that trend and we are doing our best on this subject. That's why V-Ray for Blender is now developed by Chaos Group Same thing for V-Ray for C4D, V-Ray for Houdini, V-Ray for Unreal and all other V-Ray integrations born in the last few years. We know that lots of companies are using a mixture of DCC applications and such companies are usually looking for a render engine that works well in all of them.
                Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 22-10-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
                  Hello all,

With the following post I would like to provide more information and transparency about the current status of V-Ray for Blender project and our future plans for it.
                  1. Currently, we haven't got a developer who is working on the project on full-time. There are a several developers working on it part-time and this explains why the progress is slower compare to other projects. We are actively searching for a full-time developer a couple of months already but without success so far. It's not that easy to find such person and I would like to call you guys if you are interested or if you have a friend who might be interested working with us on the project, to contact me at svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com
                  2. Another very important aspect regarding the Blender project is its open source. Anybody can join it and develop the necessary tools. For more information on that subject please contact me at svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com
                  3. Our future plans are to continue the development of V-Ray for Blender and release a Next version for it, as well as creating support for Blender 2.8. We don't have any plans to abandon the project.

Please accept my sincere apologize on behalf of the entire company regarding the delayed updates on V-Ray Next and support for Blender 2.8. We are working on those things very hard but sometimes it takes more time than planed.

Best Regards,
                  Svetlozar Draganov
                  Really appreciated this update.
                  I hope you'll find the right guy to develop Blender integration.
                  As already written the CG scene is changing and Blender is generating more and more interesting. I know you know and as I really trust in ChaosGroup I'm quite sure that something good will happen.
                  I hope soon, obviously... I can't wait the day that I'll stop click on 3dsmax icon outputting the same image level thanks to Vray4Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
                    ... I hope soon, obviously... I can't wait the day that I'll stop click on 3dsmax icon outputting the same image level thanks to Vray4Blender.
                    Exactly what I think about every day...
                    (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

In summary: no one is working in vray for blender project,so could be that vray for blender 2.80 won't exit until 1 or 2 year or never.

Comment

In summary: no one is working in vray for blender project,so could be that vray for blender 2.80 won't exit until 1 or 2 year or never.
                        Yup! That's what I got out of the "update." I know Andrey has been pulled off the project since a while ago. It's too bad, he has such a passion for it.

Comment

I think they can go with blender 2.8 if there will be a payed plugin or build like other software have otherwise everyone will jump to blender immediately, such big company cant find a dev its like a captain of a cruise ship cant find a sailor

Comment

but, I repeat, this is not honest behavior, they would look much better when they say they have no intention of carrying on the project.

Comment

So now my 5 cents. Starting from January 2019 I switched from Blender4Vray to Blender 2.8x Cycles full time. I'm still using Blender 2.77 with Vray additions (even today) for customer old files service, but nothing new. I have ca. 1000 models for Blender4Vray shaders, but now I have to transfer them to CYCLES. I miss a few things, that was very useful in Vray like include/exclude lights option or super speed interior rendering, but honestly using CYCLES I took a big step forward. So I wish, that in the future I'll use two render engines: Cycles and Vray. Thank you bdancer for your work, because I used this Blender4Vray starting from 2.48 full time job, when it was just a script. Regards!

Comment

Bit of a downer. Didn't realize the blender plugin development team is so scarce. I sure hope things pick up because blender 2.8 is what got me to finally use it. Wouldn't want to be stuck with 2.7

Comment

Working...
                                X