Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maintaining Vray builds with workstations and the render frarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm ok. However for some reason it looks like the config file is not loaded correctly...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah this is what I am thinking too. But only when running the install.bat file using the PSTool command.

Just running the install.bat file locally on the render node works and installs fine.

Comment

Are you running it from the same folder where the xml_mya2012_x64.xml file is located? If you don't specify a full path to that file, the installer will attempt to load it from the current folder.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Yeah the xml file is located in the same folder the install.bat file is located. (on a shared drive called z:\installs\)

I can try and specify the full path to the xml file and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

Richard

Comment

I tried editing the .bat file run this command with a specified path to the .xml file

Code:
            vray_adv_20004_maya2012_x64.exe -gui=0 -configFile="Z:\installs\xml_mya2012_x64.xml" -quiet=1
            But still the same error occurring.

Comment

Well, for the next night build tomorrow I added an error message if the configuration file cannot be loaded, so it may shed some light on what's going on.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Ok great. Thanks Vlado.

Comment

I've been able to use Qube 6 to push run the prompt/xml/quiet installer to the workstations. Is there a way to also send the license server information? I can't find a file that has the server and port info, and I'd like to just copy that to the machines.

Comment

I ran into the problem with the install / mel modification when updating our V-Ray last Wednesday on all our machines with PsTools and had to VNC into each machine to make sure it all went through. That one indeed needs to be fixed.

Any chance we could also get an option to force an uninstall of V-Ray via commandline?
                    Best Regards,
                    Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Gray View Post
                      Is there a way to also send the license server information? I can't find a file that has the server and port info, and I'd like to just copy that to the machines.
                      The file is called vrlclient.xml and its location can be specified with the VRAY_AUTH_CLIENT_FILE_PATH environment variable; by default it is in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik Averpil View Post
                        Any chance we could also get an option to force an uninstall of V-Ray via commandline?
                        If you have a default installation, you can do this with the following command (all on one line):

Code:
                        "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2011 for x64/uninstall/wininstaller.exe" -uninstall="C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2011 for x64/uninstall/install.log" -uninstallApp="V-Ray for Maya 2011 for x64" -gui=0 -quiet=1
                        Of course you will need to replace the correct Maya version and the folder paths if they are not the default ones. (The file install.log is a text file that contains a list of all the changes that were made by the original installer, if you are curious).

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Seems I cannot even get the install to run. Think the issue here is PSTools.

When I try running the script I just get this:

Code:
                          C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\batchInstall_script>"C:\PsTools\psexec.exe" \\rendernode -c -f -u domain.local\rendernode -p password "Z:\installs\install.bat"

PsExec v1.98 - Execute processes remotely
                          Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Mark Russinovich
                          Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

C:\WINDOWS\system32>vray_adv_21001_maya2012_x64.exe -gui=0 -configFile="xml_mya2012_x64.xml" -quiet=1
                          'vray_adv_21001_maya2012_x64.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                          operable program or batch file.
                          install.bat exited on boston2 with error code 1.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\batchInstall_script>PAUSE
                          Press any key to continue . . .
                          At least on friday I was getting something to run.

I tried running the install.bat file locally on the render node and it installs fine.

Is there anything other than PSTools I can use?

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

Could it be permissions issue?

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

No do not think so. User has full system administration rights.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckie7413 View Post
                                No do not think so. User has full system administration rights.
                                Are you that all drive letters have been mapped?
                                By executing cmd.exe rather than your install.bat you can try to access the file's location and see whether that's the issue or not.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                                If you have a default installation, you can do this with the following command (all on one line):

Code:
                                "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2011 for x64/uninstall/wininstaller.exe" -uninstall="C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2011 for x64/uninstall/install.log" -uninstallApp="V-Ray for Maya 2011 for x64" -gui=0 -quiet=1
                                Of course you will need to replace the correct Maya version and the folder paths if they are not the default ones. (The file install.log is a text file that contains a list of all the changes that were made by the original installer, if you are curious).

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                Ah, great!
                                Thanks for that, Vlado!
                                Last edited by Fredrik Averpil; 17-06-2011, 02:16 PM.
                                Best Regards,
                                Fredrik

Comment

Working...
                                X