Before and after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
    Man, I have fur project coming up...I wish I could use this .....
    So why don't you use it?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Im solely dependent on shave...and as you know its up to Joe to implement that code which may take some time. Current shave 7 can render vray mtl 3, but can't read colored textures so its not very useful for us as we have strong color variation.
      Dmitry Vinnik
      Silhouette Images Inc.
      ShowReel:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Joe just posted 7.14b which seems to officially include the vray updates.... we haven't got the keys for 7, yet... very curious how it works in practice. Been sitting on a project waiting for the vray mtl3 to finally hit shave.

Comment

i just test it, and maya crashes on 1st render hit, the only way i could render the shave was to render it 1st with software and then switch back to vray...

but that was not the only probl atm, i couldnt get the hairmtl3 in the render? i have apply shader to everything i could think of, and still nothing

maybe some hints? i have even try the what petrov said to connect to shading network, nothing.......
          Last edited by bazuka; 09-01-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Hm, Joe tells that they should have fixed the crashing bug some time ago. In any case, they are about to release a new version with the latest changes in the code (support for hairmtl3, rt rendering and the above optimization for transparency). None of that has been there before.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

A little bit more test.

Windows7, i7-2630QM, 2.00GHz
              Adaptive DMC, Min: 1, Max:4
              BR + BR, Sub:4, Depth:4

Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	846643Click image for larger version

Name:	hair.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	467.9 KB
ID:	846644

Thank you for the all your efforts. It is very nice!!

Best Regards,
              Sangho Jung.
              Last edited by sersia; 10-01-2013, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Bauka, I had time to debug the crashing before they made a fix for it. Apparently the vray dll's which need to be present in order for shave to render with vray fail to initialize during maya start up. I declare the files using a cmd and env variables before start up and it would not work, unless I placed them into the vrayplugins folder. At that point it worked.

However v7.14 still didn't work with the textures yet...waiting on update...
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:

Comment

Dmirty my friend, i did copy shave dll's into vray/vrayplugins folder, so im still not sure whats the probl, coz in v12 didnt had any crashes

cheers

Comment

Actually I sent the crash steps to Joe, he says he can reproduce it, so hopefully it will get fixed.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by bazuka View Post
                      Dmirty my friend, i did copy shave dll's into vray/vrayplugins folder, so im still not sure whats the probl, coz in v12 didnt had any crashes

cheers
                      Yeah its weird but good Joe is aware...For me, once I had this fixed and it was working, clearning out to a new scene and creating shave node from scratch crashed maya...(using vray of course) so who knows Something is going on as Vlado pointed out.
                      Dmitry Vinnik
                      Silhouette Images Inc.
                      ShowReel:

Comment

thats great vlado well all we need is to wait for a new build ....

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                          There's not much time to test it properly for the 2.4 version... but we'll see.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          please make it happen...!

Comment

small update guys

shave v15 works now, no crush, but im still stupid and still dont know how to apply hairmtl3 to shave?

cheers

Comment

I can't get shave 7.15 working with latest nightlies Maya win x64 2013, joe said he was running vray 2.201. Which version are you running?

Sucks because the speed up is only recent builds, right? At least it's finally working for you. I'd be curious to know how to use hair3. Wasn't obvious to me.
                              Last edited by Zach Gray; 14-01-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

im using V-Ray for Maya 2012 version 2.25.01, revision 22633 from Jan 7 2013

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X