Bifrost is coming IN Maya 2015!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    It looks like for the moment there is no way to tell the V-Ray proxy to use the Bifrost velocity. Why couldn't they have named it just "velocity" like everyone else...

Best reards,
    Vlado
    Come on Vlado, you know that would have simply been too easy and made too much sense. We can't have that.

Comment

instead of reducing the motion blur to .025 i have been adding a modify color from the color menu in maya and setting the value to .05 thought this maybe useful if your rendering an object thats interacting with the liquid.

Arthur

Comment

i noticed the bifrost motion blur has been fixed for vray 3.0 beta2 is there any chance this could be done for 2.45 nightlies?

Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by vmp View Post
          i noticed the bifrost motion blur has been fixed for vray 3.0 beta2 is there any chance this could be done for 2.45 nightlies?

Arthur
          How do you get access to beta2? I only have access to the original beta (3.05.01).

Cheers,
          Eduardo

Comment

Originally posted by Emcs07 View Post
            How do you get access to beta2? I only have access to the original beta (3.05.01).
            It's coming out in a few days. We have also a small closed beta going on.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
              It's coming out in a few days. We have also a small closed beta going on.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              Cool, thanks Vlado.

Edit: Is GGX included in the beta2 for Maya?

Kind regards,
              Eduardo
              Last edited by Emcs07; 04-06-2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Yes, but there is no UI for it yet.
                V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Originally posted by vmp View Post

Arthur
                  I must check how easy it will be since the alembic code moves quite a lot, we must preserve the SDK also. The changes related to the vrmesh export are more likely to be ported.

Comment

Wonder is it already possible somehow, but it would be great to have a similar white water shader option like they have it in Mental Ray Bifrost shader?
                    Otherwise I would use this Mental Ray shader with Vray, but I cant get the Color At Max Distance (fog color) to work with Vray.

Comment

If you are talking about bifrostLiquidMaterial, it's suported, but not all of it, since we don't know exactly how it works.

Comment

Yes thats what I mean. Its great we can render it with Vray, but Mental Ray "fog color" is not supported, so I was thinking is it possible to implement this white water on high vorticity areas to the Vray material?
                        Would do good also for rendering Phoenix waters!

Comment

Phoenix has real foam/splashes, and I'm not sure if there is a reason for such bad foam approximation . The bitfrost "foam" looks like a white blob, and this is why I'm puzzled how its implemented . It's supported as solid color on the surface, but not the "fogy blob" part visible with refraction. The actual vorticity we have is only per vertex, it's no volumetric. And I'm not sure if the volumetric effect is faked, or Mental Ray is using the particle data, which we can't access in Maya 2015. This is why I left it for now since we have more important work...

Comment

Understood, just asking.

Comment

is there a way to combine bifrost liqids and the vray metaballs..?

Comment

It's not possible in Maya 2015 since we don't have access to the particles. It may be possible in Maya 2016, will see...

Comment

Working...
                                X