X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
    Hello shingohiga,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Please note that we won’t stop accepting V-Modo jobs in Chaos Cloud. These jobs will just need to comply with the Chaos Cloud’s policy of supporting V-Ray versions. You can find more information about the versions of V-Ray for each platform, which are supported on the Chaos Cloud here.

I hope this is of help.
    i do not find this reassuring at all. You seem unable to simply say yes or no. The linked article says chaos cloud will only use the latest public core, so no nightlies then? Plus latest Modo version is 13 on the Mac but unlimited on windows. So that means you have dropped support of Modo 14 and up on the Mac?

Comment

Hello Angus Hume,

i do not find this reassuring at all. You seem unable to simply say yes or no.
      The answer is yes, Chaos Cloud will continue having support for scenes, exported from V-Ray for Modo as long as there is support for V-Ray Next on the Cloud. Even after we stop the support of V-Ray Next, you should be able to submit jobs from V-Ray for Modo to Chaos Cloud. But we can't provide any future support for jobs rendered with V-Ray for Modo on Chaos Cloud.

The linked article says chaos cloud will only use the latest public core, so no nightlies then?
      This applies to all of our products and it is not specific to V-Ray for Modo. Chaos Cloud has always only supported the official builds.

Plus latest Modo version is 13 on the Mac but unlimited on windows.
      Currently, the official release of V-Ray for Modo is for Modo 13. V-Ray is supported for Modo 14 only in the latest nightly builds.

So that means you have dropped support of Modo 14 and up on the Mac?
      Chaos Cloud is not OS dependent which means that if V-Ray for Modo supports rendering on the Cloud, you will still be able to submit a job to the cloud no matter what OS you are using.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
        Hello Angus Hume,
        This applies to all of our products and it is not specific to V-Ray for Modo. Chaos Cloud has always only supported the official builds.
        Currently, the official release of V-Ray for Modo is for Modo 13. V-Ray is supported for Modo 14 only in the latest nightly builds.
        That's not really true. I was rendering projects written from a nightlies without issues and it was also using the right core version for it. Also the latest version supported was 14.0. You guys just weren't able to update the config file to make it work with later versions than 14.0 like 14.1 or 14.2. So the latest version on Windows is 14.2 when using a nightly (or edit the config file manually) and rendering on the cloud works as well.
        Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
        Radetzkystrasse 102 a
        A-6845 Hohenems
        Austria

Comment

Hello Volker Troy

Thank you very much for your input. Please find a little bit more information on the subject of the topic you have covered with your last response.

Originally posted by pixelwerk View Post

That's not really true. I was rendering projects written from a nightlies without issues and it was also using the right core version for it.
          It is true actually. Any Cloud job submitted from any V-Ray Next integration will be rendered with the latest official version of V-Ray Next, (currently 4.30.03).
          You can verify that very easily by submitting a few jobs with different versions of Modo (12,13,14) and V-Ray (official, nightly build). In addition you may also submit Cloud jobs from any other V-Ray integration like V-Ray Next for 3ds Max, V-Ray Next for Maya and etc, the result will be the same.

In regards to the issues. One of the main goals for the Chaos Cloud is to render projects without any issues. Rendering the project with the latest official version is actually one of the main components that allow minimizing any potential issues.

Originally posted by pixelwerk View Post

You guys just weren't able to update the config file to make it work with later versions than 14.0 like 14.1 or 14.2. So the latest version on Windows is 14.2 when using a nightly (or edit the config file manually) and rendering on the cloud works as well.
          Submitting Cloud jobs from Modo 14.2 using a nightly build of V-Ray works without any issues.

If you need further assistance on the subject, don't hesitate to drop us a line.

Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Man, I'm still bummed about this. Again, if this was profitable for Chaos Group, they'd continue with it. I have a maintenance subscription with the Foundry, but I haven't touched v15 & v16 yet, because V-Ray doesn't work with them. My alternative is to simply stop using V-Ray in Modo v14, and move on, or switch to Maya for rendering since that's the other software I'm familiar with.

It would be nice to know from Chaos Group, what it would take to get V-Ray back in development for Modo (i.e. simply more users, different trajectory for Modo from Foundry, etc.).
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by larry.vasquez View Post
              Man, I'm still bummed about this. Again, if this was profitable for Chaos Group, they'd continue with it. I have a maintenance subscription with the Foundry, but I haven't touched v15 & v16 yet, because V-Ray doesn't work with them. My alternative is to simply stop using V-Ray in Modo v14, and move on, or switch to Maya for rendering since that's the other software I'm familiar with.

It would be nice to know from Chaos Group, what it would take to get V-Ray back in development for Modo (i.e. simply more users, different trajectory for Modo from Foundry, etc.).
              Hey Larry, we hear you. Since you know Maya already, maybe that could be a way for you to keep rendering with V-Ray.
              "Everything has fresnel!"

Comment

Originally posted by lgrohs View Post

Hey Larry, we hear you. Since you know Maya already, maybe that could be a way for you to keep rendering with V-Ray.
                Thanks. And yes, that's what I'm looking at doing. What I'm trying to see is if it's possible to upgrade to V-Ray for Maya from my V-Ray for Modo. Otherwise I have to purchase a whole new license for Maya and upgrade my render nodes. And that's the part that isn't cool.

Comment

Originally posted by larry.vasquez View Post

Thanks. And yes, that's what I'm looking at doing. What I'm trying to see is if it's possible to upgrade to V-Ray for Maya from my V-Ray for Modo. Otherwise I have to purchase a whole new license for Maya and upgrade my render nodes. And that's the part that isn't cool.
                  If you send a message to our support team, they should be able to help you work out the best option.
                  "Everything has fresnel!"

Comment

Working...
                  X