New Version very unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by konstantin_chaos View Post
    By the way is there anything non-standard about your system.
    Do you have an additional antivirus program or some other software that is not common?
    Also does this crash begin after installing the latest hotfix and which version did you use before?
    I also have a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Wireless.

Hey tay.0 this is unrelated to this issue, but in Rhino 8 I've been getting this odd behavior with my space mouse in which after I move the camera with the SM, after I release the SM, the camera sometimes snaps back to the position where it started. It is extremely annoying! Are you seeing that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by annica_cuppetelli View Post

I also have a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Wireless.

Hey tay.0 this is unrelated to this issue, but in Rhino 8 I've been getting this odd behavior with my space mouse in which after I move the camera with the SM, after I release the SM, the camera sometimes snaps back to the position where it started. It is extremely annoying! Are you seeing that as well?
      annica_cuppetelli
      This is has been fixed in Rhino 8.7, it is a known topic. here is the bug report below:
      Viewport jump when using a 3D Connexion device in Rhino 8 : RH-78291 (myjetbrains.com)

I tested it on the latest build and it should work fine without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by javierrentas View Post
        Am I the only one that has issues with this new build? Honestly, I could not use it at all. I rolled back to version 2.2 and have zero issues.
        After upgrading Nvidia's 551.86 and VRay 6.2.006 (also tried 6.2.007) for Max 2021 (also 2024.2), I also encountered frequent crashes
        Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
        Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
        e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

Any update on this matter? Are we going to have a hotfix soon?

Comment

I am having the same stability problem with V-Ray version 62003 on Rhino 8. (latest Rhino 8 / GPU / Windows 11 Pro) > It will crash immedaitely upon render.
            I installed the prior version, V-Ray 62002 and the exact same scene rendered perfectly.

Comment

@Hey hill_lam​ Can you share more details about the crashes with V-Ray GPU in 3ds Max - some steps to reproduce them or send us a scene, if it's limited to a specific scene or setup?
              Tanya Todorova
              QA

Comment

Originally posted by tanya_to View Post
                @Hey hill_lam​ Can you share more details about the crashes with V-Ray GPU in 3ds Max - some steps to reproduce them or send us a scene, if it's limited to a specific scene or setup?
                Mine is very stable now!
                Last week, after updating to Nvidia 551.86, my VRay 6.2.002 for Max 2021.3 crashed when Building the RTX kernel. I tried many times and it crashed every time, even in a blank new scene. CUDA mode passed.
                Then I updated to VRay 6.2.006 for Max 2021.3, Building RTX kernel passed, started rendering, but crashed after 3~10 minutes.
                Then I updated to VRay 6.2.007, for both Max 2021.3 and 2024.2, same problem, crashes after 3~10 minutes of rendering.

Later I found that my other projects were rendered very stably, they did not crash after 2~3 hours of rendering.
                Only 2 of my .max file crashed, they both belong to the same project. They used to be very stable under Nvidia 531.61 and VRay 6.2.002 for Max 2021.3.

Then I used some cleaning tools (Corona's scene cleaner, and some third-party plug-ins) to clean these two .max files, I also delete some useless models in the scene. They now render very stably. I guess some of the garbage in the scene cause VRay new version to crash.
                Last edited by hill_lam; 23-04-2024, 06:43 PM.
                Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
                Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
                e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

Hi schultzeworks ​,

We are still investigating these crashes but the reason is a bit illusive.
                  Can you share some more information about your case?
                  What GPU and driver are you using?
                  Are you in CUDA or RTX mode and which devices have you selected for rendering?
                  Are you changing anything whatsoever before you experience the crash?
                  Is the crash scene specific or random in any way?

Thank you in advance,
                  Konstantin

Comment

Hi everybody,

We identified a specific scenario that leads to a GPU crash.
                    It is caused by a specific configuration of the devices V-Ray uses for rendering.
                    There are basically 2 places where the devices selection can be altered:

1. The default environment variable, controlled by the GPU device select external tool:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	42
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	1207444

2. The device selector in the Asset Editor
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	38
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1207445

It appears that if in the external tool, both the CPU and the GPU are active while in the Asset Editor only the GPU is active, V-Ray crashes (on the second render).

I would suggest that everybody experiencing the crash tries the following workaround:
                    Ensure that the configuration in the external tool matches exactly the configuration in the Asset Editor.
                    If you want the CPU disabled, make sure it's disabled in the external tool before you start Rhino.

Note that we already have a fix for this but I want to ensure that this solves the crash for everybody.

Thank you all for the assistance!

Comment

Putting this here, hoping someone can help. My issue is not crashing, but when I open the asset editor and click on the interactive render or render, the frame buffer does not launch. Anyone experiencing this?

Comment

Working...
                      X