I had a crazy day spending hours waiting for my 8 k render to come out. It takes exactly 7 seconds for a 4k render of my building. It takes 1 hour for
a 6k render. And it crashes at 8k… I spend the whole day tried to figure out why it was so slow and froze… Then i asked chat gpt.
It told me to turn off raytracing… I turned off raytraced artificial lights, even though i have no artificial light in my project. (doubble checked) - BUT
after turning it of. My 8k render comes out now in only 2 minutes… It works now. What is going ooooon??
It sounds like your hardware might be hitting a bit of a bottleneck. Specifically, you’re likely running out of dedicated GPU VRAM, which is forcing your system driver to use “memory swapping”, basically leaning on your much slower system RAM as a fallback.
Could you therefore kindly let me know which graphics card you have available in your machine specifically?
In this case, it’d be ideal if you could please forward us a dedicated support report, which will include your machine information as well as any generated log files, so that we can troubleshoot the cause behind this further: How do I contact Support? - News & FAQ - Enscape Community Forum
Also, if this behavior persists with only a select project of yours, it’d be ideal if you could share it alongside, if possible (via the created support case of yours).