Hi, my scene has almost reached the limit of memory and regulary crashes with minidump (In this time any other applicatian a closed and it crash mostly times when I accidentally click “W”), but I still need to insert a significant amount of objects. Can you suggest how can I reduce Vantage memory consumption for sure?
You can:
1. reduce geometry detail (e.g. less iterations when smoothing objects)
2. use a lower render resolution
3. reduce texture detail i.e. use lower resolution textures.
However, we will soon release a build that does this automatically and intelligently, so detail is not lost in the final image.
So, it might be better to wait for this build, if you are not in a hurry.
Greetings,
Vladimir Nedev
It’s not certain that the crash you experience is caused by out of memory conditions.
We will examine the dump file, but we might require your scene and steps to reproduce as well.
Greetings,
Vladimir Nedev
I’m looking forward to the release of this feature! Also my scene crashing in every resolution: I still can render in 1440p, but it can simply crash when I just rotation my view and click on something in 540p. Can I help by sending a scene?
Hi anan_vozok,
Can I help by sending a scene?
Yes, that will speed up the process. You can send it to our support team via this form: https://support.chaos.com/
Best regards,
Alexander
2022 - soon :). Unless I missed it.
It’s called “dynamic textures”. We also have a Texture LOD bias that affects it.
Where do I find this?
It’s on by default, you don’t have to change anything.
Render->Advanced->Textures
