V-Ray and Maya 2013

Since 2013 is officially out now, is there an estimate when compatible version of V-Ray will come out?

Thanks.

Dj.

Within a month.

Best regards,
Vlado

:smiley:
Great!
Thanks for answering.

hook a brother up with some beta nightlies!! :slight_smile:

It will be in the nightlies a lot sooner, yes.

Best regards,
Vlado

dont know whats the rush people, as far as i can see all around the web there r a lots of bugs, so i would wait for sp1 2 or what ever until the fix some basic bugs inside maya

cheers :wink:

I wonder…
since with Maya and Max 2013 the “send to Max/Maya”-commands were introduced to interchange models, scenes and materials between theese softwares; COULD it be that one can send VRay materials form Max to Maya? Because this would be a bummer!

cheers

We probably need work on our part to make that happen; I’m not sure how the whole system works though, if it goes through FBX, there is some slight chance that we can write the respective FBX plugins to extend the format to support V-Ray stuff. But I really haven’t looked into it.

Best regards,
Vlado

Yeah I think it does. I remember it during testing. That would be killer.

A huge thumbs-up here! The wealth of Max-ready Vray material is phenominal in comparision to the relatively new Maya Vray scene.
The ability to bring over Max scenes is that exciting I could even justify putting in a purchase order for Max here. Please don’t underestimate how appreciated the work would be!

I would even pay (150,-$) for a scene/material-translator :wink:

u can pay me :slight_smile: hehe

i can convert u scenes max->maya 95% identical

yes, bazuka - you can…
closer to 98%…
:smile:

Any reply to the question on… Any word on 2013 compatibility for v-ray for Maya 2.0??

Thanks

We should have the official builds probably at the end of the next week; until then you can get them from the nightly builds server.

Best regards,
Vlado

Thanks
Poked around to try and find the nightly builds… where are they located?
Peter

Will the official build available for EDU users or only for ADV users for now?

There will be an EDU version of course.

Best regards,
Vlado

What is the location of the nightly builds?
Thanks

Peter

You should send an email to support and ask to get access.